• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance

DAS HUGH!

Master
    I wanna say many cities already had it on the books here. Not sure tho. Something definitely keeps them away from here tho. They deal with it pretty fast

DAS HUGH!

Master
    BCSO is known for giving free rides to Florida.
    I've always wondered if that is literally what's going on. At most I'll see one twice, if and when they show up.
    I wonder if they just open the door and kick them out on top of the Perdido Bay Bridge, or drive into the state then do the deed lol.
    We need to set up some game cameras to catch it going down tho. That would make for a hilarious Mashup video lol

.22 cents

Master
    Americans: Homeless people ewww yucky make them go away!

Bama: Ok we will pass laws to take rights away and arrest anyone on the street we feel like

Americans: Yeah! govern me harder Daddy!

IronBeard

Master
    Oh boy, this outta be good. I'm guessing no one has done a realistic estimate on the cost of arresting/handling these people, housing and feeding them, plus the inevitable medical care the pros will demand? Somehow I just don't think the "helping hand/scared straight" approach is gonna have the desired effect...

.22 cents

Master
    With the economy becoming trash, drugs brought in by the gooberment (yeah I said it) and the dollar on braindead life support, expect a boom in homeless now. What I see in this law is smoke and mirrors to enact some communist gestapo stuff to let cops snatch anyone off the street. Anyone their bosses feel isn't going to play well in this new world. If they took away the right of a homeless American to stand on a street, they took your right to do it too. We are not free. stop pretending.

IronBeard

Master
    With the economy becoming trash, drugs brought in by the gooberment (yeah I said it) and the dollar on braindead life support, expect a boom in homeless now. What I see in this law is smoke and mirrors to enact some communist gestapo stuff to let cops snatch anyone off the street. Anyone their bosses feel isn't going to play well in this new world. If they took away the right of a homeless American to stand on a street, they took your right to do it too. We are not free. stop pretending.
    Some valid points there.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Well, when they outlawed the way a legit business man can put a flimsy sign on lightpoles, street corners, dam near anywhere... no one cared or said much at all.
    Make it illegal for a bum to hold a sign on the side of the road that can be a literal safety hazard and people go up in arms and grab thier pearls. Seems odd to me.

I highly doubt this law will affect anyone who chooses to live off the grid quietly away from the high traffic areas. In fact I see I think 4 near me that seem to do just that and are never bothered. Just don't sleep, and use the sidewalk in front of business as a bathroom while harassing folks for money. Then you're fine

AK4774

Expert
    A lot of it has to do with the fact that when you have people panhandling in traffic they get run over at a higher rate than the general population.

Someone’s paying that bill and it’s not them.
    At least if they want to risk life and limb standing in the street begging for dollars they could offer something in return. For instance someone, eg homeless entrepreneur, could break into a KrippyKreme truck and fill all the WM shopping carts they have then sell them in the street at huge discount. Take one donut out of each box for their “daily bread” and offer 11 donuts for say 3 bucks as “factory overruns” or something believable to the distracted commuter trying to get to work or school. Go out of their way to give them for free to the popo so as hoping to be left alone as they dart back and forth through 5 lane intersection preferably close to liquor store.

Such a Deal, Sold,Sold,Sold

Top Bottom