• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think SpaceX / NASA should have done more to publicize the landing and say Stay XYZ number of yards away from the spacecraft, it has volatile propellants onboard which could cause injury or death. In addition to having more than an handful of boats for crowd control.

Yes, you might think it would be common sense, but a capsule hasn't landed here, ever, TONS of people are boating (its FL in the summer), and believe it or not if I was out and saw some crazy shit, a sonic boom & parachutes, I'd probably go check it out incase someone crashed.

SpaceX was lulled into thinking it would be like their cargo recoveries off the west coast where very few people are out enjoying the water, because it's cold as hell.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Seems there would have been security to keep private vessels away. No class or respect from those guys. Really no point in being there.
    Awww come on. They just wanted to make sure it wasn't faked again

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Awww come on. They just wanted to make sure it wasn't faked again
    I know I'm going to catch hell for that one, but it's at least partly true. Probably catch hell from the same sheeple who still think 9/11 was perpetrated by cave dwelling goat herders

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know I'm going to catch hell for that one, but it's at least partly true. Probably catch hell from the same sheeple who still think 9/11 was perpetrated by cave dwelling goat herders
    I just happened to be watching live TV just after the first plane struck a tower and then saw the second one live hit the other tower. They were hit by planes and at least one of the muslim pilots lived for a period of time in the Fountains apts near UWF.
    Did world intelligence services know more than they are admitting about it? I am sure that they did.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I just happened to be watching live TV just after the first plane struck a tower and then saw the second one live hit the other tower. They were hit by planes and at least one of the muslim pilots lived for a period of time in the Fountains apts near UWF.
    Did world intelligence services know more than they are admitting about it? I am sure that they did.
    It was proven on a FOI request that a guard shack camera captured video of the cruise missile that hit the Pentagon. The fed's own investigation proved Flight whatever in a field was actually shot out of the sky, as further evidenced by the miles long debris field. And then there's the third WTC building that exploded downward that day that never had a plane hit it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200802-211841_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200802-211841_Chrome.jpg
      127.5 KB · Views: 107

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love all you guys like brothers. You're awesome! Keep me laughing
    By the way I do not accept the warren report version of the Kennedy Assassination. We are lied to constantly by the government and the media and also by those that propagate tin foil. So often we just do not know.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Saw the video of the capsule recovery at sea on CSPAN last night. Something fishy. They said it was the first time the people inside the capsule didnt get out before the thing got slung onto the boat. Might mean nothing. Might mean everything.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Saw the video of the capsule recovery at sea on CSPAN last night. Something fishy. They said it was the first time the people inside the capsule didnt get out before the thing got slung onto the boat. Might mean nothing. Might mean everything.
    Why would they get out or why would they stay in?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I mean it's possible. I was reading they come in at 17,000mph and a parachute slows them to 500mph? Have you ever rolled the window down and held a plastic bag out at any speed? Lol!

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I mean it's possible. I was reading they come in at 17,000mph and a parachute slows them to 500mph? Have you ever rolled the window down and held a plastic bag out at any speed? Lol!
    I think the air slows them down to 500 before any fabric gets involved. Or so, just using those numbers. Ain't nuttin staying in the teens of thousands of mph for long in the atmosphere.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the air slows them down to 500 before any fabric gets involved. Or so, just using those numbers. Ain't nuttin staying in the teens of thousands of mph for long in the atmosphere.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    It used to be that the astronaut(s) would pop the door and get into a waiting boat. If I remember correctly, they did it on one mission, caught a big wave and lost a capsule in the Atlantic. The astronauts were safely out at the time.

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It used to be that the astronaut(s) would pop the door and get into a waiting boat. If I remember correctly, they did it on one mission, caught a big wave and lost a capsule in the Atlantic. The astronauts were safely out at the time.
    Buzz Aldrin screwed the pooch in the 60s. So the movie says. (The Right Stuff)

Knotnow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just want to know who had the boat with the Trump flag out there. NASA et al seemed really pissed about that....

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Do you think Democratic members of the House Appropriations Committee contacted the NASA Administrator with concerns over landing site security?

Just Lookin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    After all the nonessential private boats came around ,the NASA Spacex, lady commented that maybe next time they shouldn't announce the landing area. She was trying to be civil about it I think.I'm just glad it all went well seeing this was there first manned landing for SpaceX.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just want to know who had the boat with the Trump flag out there. NASA et al seemed really pissed about that....

I don't see why NASA would be mad at a Trump flag. If it wasn't for his administration, they'd still be hitching a ride with the Russians every time.
    Trump is supporting space exploration, innovation, and continued national security presence. The last administration all but neutered those endeavors.

Heck, NASA should be stoked that people are so excited about the program again. Hand out souvenirs. Organize the boats as volunteers. Give them a sector to observe. A radio freq to monitor. A certificate of appreciation for the assistance. One area for regular observers; a closer area for "trained volunteer recovery assistance vessels", and the closest area for the true "off-limits if you aren't NASA" landing area.

The PR team at NASA is missing a ginormous opportunity to grow even more public support.

Top Bottom