• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WEAR) — One person is dead and another is injured after Hurlburt Field Air Force Base was on lock down due to an "armed disturbance", according to a release from the Air Force.

Identification of the person who was declared dead is pending next of kin and the injured person was taken to a local hospital, the Air Force says.

According to the release, "all clear" has been issued on base as Hurlburt Field Security Forces and local law enforcement have secured the scene of the incident.

The incident is being investigated by the Air Force Office of Special Investigation.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Seems to be a domestic disturbance between a dependent husband and military wife. Husband is deceased from self inflicted gunshoot, and the wife was shot by him, but is alive.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That’s what I thought. Spouse of a female airman. Sad.

Seems like the military is in the news more and more lately with stuff like this. 4 dead soldiers out of Fort Hood (The murdered female soldier, the soldier who killed her committed suicide, murdered male soldier and I read where another was found dead by a river).

It breaks my heart to read these stories. Seems like when I was a dependent and after I joined stuff like this was a rarity.

Hurlburt Field has been in the news a lot lately too. This incident, the missing PJ killed when his chute inadvertently deployed in the aircraft, and then there was the one killed during training on land not all that long ago also.

It's been a bad two years for the military it seems..........

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nope. This is normal. It's what happens when you have a million people in the military. Somebody somewhere is going to pull a trigger and it isn't anybody's fault but the individual trigger pullers

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems like the military is in the news more and more lately with stuff like this. 4 dead soldiers out of Fort Hood (The murdered female soldier, the soldier who killed her committed suicide, murdered male soldier and I read where another was found dead by a river).

It breaks my heart to read these stories. Seems like when I was a dependent and after I joined stuff like this was a rarity.

Hurlburt Field has been in the news a lot lately too. This incident, the missing PJ killed when his chute inadvertently deployed in the aircraft, and then there was the one killed during training on land not all that long ago also.

It's been a bad two years for the military it seems..........

It's really just reported in the news more often...
    My prank with a CPR dummy at NAS Memphis wouldn't have been so easily completed
    if it hadn't been for the oddball fact that folks jumped off the top of the various barracks
    to commit suicide every few months. Sailors flip out at sea and take a dive all the time...
    and that ain't even counting the accidental ones that get blown/washed overboard.

Which is sad & stupid if ya think about it, because dang near everything can be resolved
    if they paid attention to the lessons taught in Boot...suck is temporary...life goes on if you let it.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I will share the true secret of life - It Sucks.

Now take that and work to make yours better but know that the default is always that Life Sucks.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will share the true secret of life - It Sucks.

Now take that and work to make yours better but know that the default is always that Life Sucks.

Naaah. I've always lived by "I reject your reality and insert my own!"
    Which us why I spent most of today after work wearing a Blue Jumpsuit and a Friday the 13th mask,
    wandering around to various places & messing with people's minds.
    Most folks got a good laugh out of it..."It's the 14th, you're safe."

Bob Hope & Johnny Carson nailed it...the more folks you get laughing, the better life is.

On the other end, it also keeps the demons at bay...
    I've seen some mighty unpleasant stuff over the years,
    both in the military & as a firefighter...and lately as a trucker.
    Been first on scene to many a crash...so I handle the crazy, by being a little crazed ;)

a-funny-pranks-about-farting1.jpg

Everyone just has to find things to amuse themselves with...
    meanest-pranks-office-16.jpg

it just takes a wee bit of inventiveness and stealing ideas off the interwebs ;)

Top Bottom