• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootemup55

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am considering selling my rifle I have $1,300 in the build less the price for all the accessories I bought wich is another $300, would it be realistic to ask for 1300.00 for a documented build? All the parts are quallity parts and the cost of those parts have gone up after doing some price checking.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If it's full of high quality parts, $1300 isn't outrageous. The price alone will limit the buyer base, but that's not to say someone won't pay that. I sold a rifle yesterday for $1000 that I built for about $1300. You won't get much for accessories, unless you're including a quality optic.

One of the biggest problems you'll have is competing against all the cheap rifles out there right now, and the fact that you can get a very nice factory rifle for the same price you're asking. A lot of people would rather buy a factory rifle than one someone else built.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    What tenjeep said. It's a buyer's market. Tons of options out there but if your build sparks somebody's fancy, it may go.

shootemup55

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spikes tactical nickel boron BCG, spikes forged M4 upper assembly, spikes st-16" M4 LE mid-length 5.56/.223, BC charging handle Mod 3, JP Enterprises Benny Cooley muzzle break in black, Midwest Ind. T-series 12" free float handgaurd, Yankee Hill gas block, Daniel Defense gas tube, magpul flip up mbus sights in FDE, spikes T-2 buffer tub, magpul CTR Carbine stock in FDE, Aero precision "Im your Huckleberry" lower, spikes enhanced lower parts kit.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    First of all,understand that you can buy a NIB AR nowadays for $500. (Possibly plus tax and call in). So the entrance level AR buyer is more likely to pick one of these up. These are the guys that shoot dirt clods in a pit at 20yds,just to "blow something up". Or maybe want a truck gun,farm gun,or a fishing boat gun.

You can pick up a pretty nice(quality) AR with the color you want,and most <--> some of the accessories you want for $800. or so. These are NIB also. It is not a BBQ gun. Don't put it in the same safe as your Wilson Combat pistols .... if you do,when you open the door all the Wilson's will be Glocks(which is not tooooo awfully bad I suppose).

NEXT ---> you can do as I have done in the past. Put together a AR just the way you want it. Your dream gun. Problem is,it seems that it is nobody else's dream gun. Now .... all the parts that you put on it,is pretty close to worthless. Maybe pennies on the dollar. You can advertise it for what you got in it,but IMO,you will never find a buyer that, a. wants to pay for the parts that YOU initially wanted,or b. wants the parts for free OR pennies on the dollar. You also gotta realize that nowadays,to some people,it's all about the color. Yep .... nothing else but the color of furniture on the gun.

If you check out some of the other forums(and this one of course) there are a lot of AR owners that simply part out their guns. I have never done that so am not sure what kind of return on your investment comes your way. Seems like a huge PITA to me though.

What it eventually comes down to is the weapon is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Find the one buyer that wants his gun exactly the same way as you want your guns,it will sell....... most likely for 80% of the value you have it listed for. --- SAWMAN
    Edit to Add: also ...it really,really,REALLY helps to post some high quality,detailed pics of your gun offered for sale.Plus every detail of the build that you can think of. Good Luck ---

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Spikes tactical nickel boron BCG, spikes forged M4 upper assembly, spikes st-16" M4 LE mid-length 5.56/.223, BC charging handle Mod 3, JP Enterprises Benny Cooley muzzle break in black, Midwest Ind. T-series 12" free float handgaurd, Yankee Hill gas block, Daniel Defense gas tube, magpul flip up mbus sights in FDE, spikes T-2 buffer tub, magpul CTR Carbine stock in FDE, Aero precision "Im your Huckleberry" lower, spikes enhanced lower parts kit.

Forgot the magpul B.A.D. lever in FDE.

Please don't take the the wrong way, but your asking price may be a little high, IMO. While I agree that those are quality parts, I don't believe they'll demand a premium when it comes to a home-built rifle.

Take a look here: http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?30146-Aero-Precision-FDE-AR-15-Fairhope-Mobile-AL

and here: http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?29885-AR-15-Aero-Precision-Magpul-Matrix-Arms-Damage-Industries-Fairhope-Mobile-AL

I sold the first one for $1000 yesterday, the second one is still for sale. Like Nate (Little Jack's Guns) said, it's a buyers market right now.

Again, please don't take any of that the wrong way. This is my opinion and nothing else.

shootemup55

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well i do realize i will not get what i have in it, i will settle for less im sure. I want to sell it to purchase a 45 cal. possibly in a 1911 style.

Top Bottom