• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sb tactical sbm4 pistol stabilizing brace on the ar-15

I just got one delivered to take the place of the KAK blade that I have on a pistol buffer. I see it is a slip on piece of rubber relying on friction press fit rather than a set screw going into the buffer tube. How has this worked for other people on this forum.
    It really does not appear to be very secure. I have not put it on my buffer tube yet and see it would be a tight fit likely needing the suggested talcum powder. Probably would not hurt to warm it up in the sun first too.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Can’t speak to that exact one, but I have a SOB brace that is the same slip over design and it is super secure, matter of fact I had to almost boil it in water to get it to loosen up to get it on. I love mine.
    image.jpg

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I've used KY before. Not Kentucky.
    Last sb15 I put on I couldn't get it on all the way. Kinda worked out. I like where it's at. Not going anywhere. That's for sure.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have not tried it but years ago I read about using hairspray to install bicycle handlebar grips. It is pretty slick when wet but dries up tacky. May or may not work for this use.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Is your budget an issue? If not, get the SB PDW. I love the ones I have, and from here on out, any of my future pistol builds will be sporting the SB PDW brace. It's AWESOME! I have a few you can check out if you ever feel like driving to the Tiger Point area of Gulf Breeze. Hell, I'll take one off my builds and let you borrow it for a few weeks to see if it grows on you and if you like it. Let me know either way. I own several other style pistol braces that I've tried and nothing compares to the ones I have now. They're a bit pricey, but worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is your budget an issue? If not, get the SB PDW. I love the ones I have, and from here on out, any of my future pistol builds will be sporting the SB PDW brace. It's AWESOME! I have a few you can check out if you ever feel like driving to the Tiger Point area of Gulf Breeze. Hell, I'll take one off my builds and let you borrow it for a few weeks to see if it grows on you and if you like it. Let me know either way. I own several other style pistol braces that I've tried and nothing compares to the ones I have now. They're a bit pricey, but worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.
    I from now on am only interested in braces that are attached with set screws. I will keep this SBM4 that I have, but not likely buy another. Does your SB PDW use set screws or go on as a press fit?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sb3a. Cause when the zombies come you could just put a stock on it.
    The zombies of the demoncratic party are about the elect a senile zombie by the name of biden.

I want to eat your brain
    1593749457409.png

Regulations on ARs will grow and one will want to be as legal as possible.

Top Bottom