• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well here is another killing. I wondering just how often these are occurring in the USA. Likely the presence of cameras and recording of police calls is making it more evident.
    Man in Tacoma, Wash., said 'I can't breathe' before dying in police custody

Linda Givetash and Kurt Chirbas and The Associated Press

Jun 5th 2020 12:03PM

The mayor of Tacoma, Washington, called for the city manager to fire four police officers after the death of a black man in custody was ruled a homicide.
    Manuel Ellis, 33, died on March 3 after being handcuffed and restrained by officers. He could be heard on police scanner traffic saying “I can’t breathe,” after he was handcuffed, and he died at the scene, according to NBC News affiliate KING in Seattle.
    A Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office ruling released this week said Ellis died of respiratory arrest due to hypoxia as a result of physical restraint, KING reported. Contributing factors included methamphetamine intoxication and dilated cardiomyopathy, commonly known as an enlarged heart
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...athe-before-dying-in-police-custody/24513128/
    cleardot.gif

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well here is another killing. I wondering just how often these are occurring in the USA. Likely the presence of cameras and recording of police calls is making it more evident.
    Man in Tacoma, Wash., said 'I can't breathe' before dying in police custody

Linda Givetash and Kurt Chirbas and The Associated Press

Jun 5th 2020 12:03PM

The mayor of Tacoma, Washington, called for the city manager to fire four police officers after the death of a black man in custody was ruled a homicide.
    Manuel Ellis, 33, died on March 3 after being handcuffed and restrained by officers. He could be heard on police scanner traffic saying “I can’t breathe,” after he was handcuffed, and he died at the scene, according to NBC News affiliate KING in Seattle.
    A Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office ruling released this week said Ellis died of respiratory arrest due to hypoxia as a result of physical restraint, KING reported. Contributing factors included methamphetamine intoxication and dilated cardiomyopathy, commonly known as an enlarged heart
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...athe-before-dying-in-police-custody/24513128/
    cleardot.gif
    Another murder of someone not convicted of a crime.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another murder of someone not convicted of a crime.

You use "murder" is an incorrect term at this stage of the investigation. A reportedly combative person with drugs in his systed died while restrained (undefined) and in police custody. at this point it's a homicide, the autopsy has been done and it's under investigation and there can be several different outcomes. I'm not the grammer police there's just too much difference in the definitions for that accusation.

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You use "murder" is an incorrect term at this stage of the investigation. A reportedly combative person with drugs in his systed died while restrained (undefined) and in police custody. at this point it's a homicide, the autopsy has been done and it's under investigation and there can be several different outcomes. I'm not the grammer police there's just too much difference in the definitions for that accusation.
    I read something today right along those lines. And if these cops walk because they've been overcharged, Katy bar the door.

"Defense attorneys will argue, not without evidence, that Floyd died not because of the application of unlawful force, but rather that it was his own resistance to lawful force, exacerbated by his documented medical conditions and drug use, that triggered a fatal heart attack. Fentanyl and methamphetamines can and often do bring about fatal arrhythmias even absent the type of exertions attributed to Floyd in the complaint.

...for convictions the prosecutors must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Chauvin was the proximate cause of Floyd’s death and that the others assisted him in the act. In all my years as a police officer I have never seen the seeds of reasonable doubt planted in the very pages of a criminal complaint as they have been here.

...it is not a question of whether Chauvin and the others were right or wrong, but rather of how wrong they were. Murder is a serious charge that requires serious evidence. As things now stand, I don’t think the prosecutors have it."

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    If You Don’t Want Police To Shoot You, Don’t Resist Arrest
    Every time I hear of a black man being killed by the cops, he’s almost always a criminal thug I have no desire to defend.
    By John Gibbs. (A Black Man)

It saddens me that what little is left of the black civil rights movement is spent defending thugs, hustlers, drug dealers, and troublemakers such as Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Freddie Gray, Alton Sterling, and Philando Castile. Can you believe we’ve gone from honorable causes like fighting for the right of black people to attend college to defending black criminals who foolishly mouth off against, run away from, and fight with the police; police who are putting their lives on the line to protect us from criminals?
    Can’t the protestors at least defend young black men of honor, quiet heroes going against the grain by wearing their pants around their waist; refusing thuggery, weed-smoking, and hustling; those who marry one woman, have all their kids with that one woman, proactively raise those kids to be successful, productive citizens, and love only their wife and no other woman; those who work an honest job with integrity, intensity, and discipline, no matter how menial the work? (Note: selling illegal cigarettes on the street or bootleg CDs on the corner doesn’t count as honest work!)

If a protest were held against the oppression of such young black men, I’d be the first to join in. Yet every time I hear of a black man being killed by the cops, he’s not the man I just described. He’s almost always a criminal thug I have no desire to defend. Hardly our best, and hardly what Dr. King died for.
    It’s Easier to Blame Everyone But Yourself
    You see, unlike those men recently shot, I do not fear for my life from the police. Quite the contrary, my life is made safer by the police who stand between me and people like Sterling, who is much more likely to break into my car or stick me up at night compared to any harm that might come to me from a police officer. The fact is, the police are not shooting black men like me. Why? Because I am not a criminal, and when the police stop me, I politely do what they say, and they leave me alone. I do not run away, fight back, or mouth off. It’s really pretty simple.
    Why is no one asking how these men’s families and communities failed them so badly that they became criminals or thugs? If you look up “tough” in the dictionary, my grandmother’s picture will come up. If you were raised under her and acted up, after she got done with you you’d wish the police had gotten to you first. I’m glad my father was raised in such an environment. Discipline happens in the home, and it starts early. When it doesn’t, the police are left to clean up the mess of deeply broken human beings who were already doomed before their first interaction with the law. It’s totally unfair to ask the police to treat hardened criminals with kid gloves.
    How did we get here? The Welfare Industrial Complex has produced generational government dependence that has devastated black families and communities and created the criminal underclass of black thugs the police are killing today. I wonder what Black Lives Matter has to say about that? Will they unequivocally call for an end to the welfare, food stamps, and government subsidized housing that have replaced the black father, and thus return the role of family provider to the black man where it belongs, not the government?

Will they call for a complete end to illegal immigration and to burdensome regulationsand taxes that make hiring Americans too expensive? After all, these things reduce wages, increase unemployment, and harm the ability of young black men to get jobs that provide for a family. My guess: don’t hold your breath. It’s just so much easier to blame the police, white privilege, and institutionalized racism.
    Yet amid all the hype, let us not lose sight of reality: No matter how much the media attempts to stir up racial strife, the fact is about 70 black people are killed by other black folks for every one killed by a white police officer. White police killings of black people are simply a non-issue compared to what black people do to each other, unfortunately.
    So no, despite the prevailing atmosphere of hysteria, I’m not afraid of being killed by the police. Quite the contrary: sadly, the data shows I’m much more likely to be victimized by a fellow black man than by a white police officer. So may the police remain sharp, aggressive, and strike fear into criminals so the good people don’t become victims.
    John Gibbs (@realJohnGibbs) is a regular contributor to The Federalist and

Last edited:

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    riots in LA in 1992 is on the natgeo channel now, I was overseas and missed most of this, but heard about it....OMG

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If You Don’t Want Police To Shoot You, Don’t Resist Arrest
    Every time I hear of a black man being killed by the cops, he’s almost always a criminal thug I have no desire to defend.
    By John Gibbs. (A Black Man)

It saddens me that what little is left of the black civil rights movement is spent defending thugs, hustlers, drug dealers, and troublemakers such as Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Freddie Gray, Alton Sterling, and Philando Castile. ............
    John Gibbs (@realJohnGibbs) is a regular contributor to The Federalist and

Mr Gibbs makes some very good points but that last name "Philando Castile" does not fall in the preceding category. He properly told the officer he was a Licenced Concealed Carrier and was following the officers orders to present documents that were in his wallet. He leaned forward reaching back toward his wallet when the Officer saw the CCed gun in the proximity of his hand/wallet. Officer shot and killed him and Castile's girlfriend got the whole thing on video. Castile could have done things smarter but that doesn't make him a thug.

The Officer was Charged, acquitted and then fired. The City payed a 3.8M Settlement.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Can anybody verify whether or not the riots have changed anybody's mind about putting on the shows?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200607-090821_Messages.jpg
      Screenshot_20200607-090821_Messages.jpg
      65.1 KB · Views: 327
    • Screenshot_20200603-213440_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200603-213440_Chrome.jpg
      144.1 KB · Views: 316
    • Screenshot_20200604-173556_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200604-173556_Chrome.jpg
      124.4 KB · Views: 321

Ivory74008

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    MINNEAPOLIS PD is going to be defended and dismantled. The city council has a veto proof vote on it. Making way for a new way of protecting its people. I think this will be a great example of how a city will go to crap when the authorities are gone. I give it 3 months till they are begging the Feds to come clean it up.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    breaking news. city council of Minneapolis goes fullon stupid and votes to defund police.

get ready for mob rule

Top Bottom