• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have any of you noticed that every gun forum has a section to alert folks when academy has ammunition in stock ?
    LOL, no wonder it goes out the door so fast .A self-fulfilling prophecy! It would cost them a bundle to get that kind of advertising.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    And the last panic it was threads about ammo at Walmart but since Walmart only has hunting ammo now....

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    50 cents for steel x39 is about 20 more cents per round than a month ago. Hornady frontier was 9.99 for 20. Winchester was 9.99 for 20 green tips. Now its 12.99. Apparently this is cyclical so I'll just have to wait it out and stock when it bottoms out again in four years or so

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes they did, if you had guys from all the gun forums lined up waiting to throw their money at you , then you could increase your prices too. Look on the bright side , a price increase will likely cut some of the resellers out of the loop. Your ammunition won’t be any cheaper but you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that academy took your money and not some reseller. That should be extremely satisfying to some of the whiners.

( The you is generic)

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    50 cents for steel x39 is about 20 more cents per round than a month ago. Hornady frontier was 9.99 for 20. Winchester was 9.99 for 20 green tips. Now its 12.99. Apparently this is cyclical so I'll just have to wait it out and stock when it bottoms out again in four years or so

I don't think it will ever go lower at Academy. They can mostly sell ammo lower than most because of their long term contracts with suppliers. If their supples go up in the retail price must also. If raw materials don't go down than the retail price never will.

Besides, the Dems escalation of the minimum wage will only reinforce the upward price spiral.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Academy prices have gone up , 11.99 + tax $12.95 a box . 12.95 cents a round.

The resellers are going to have to find something else to sell .

Attachments

• 1559CC9C-C796-48D0-B8C7-B1909BDF57AA.png
      1559CC9C-C796-48D0-B8C7-B1909BDF57AA.png
      349.2 KB · Views: 38
    Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    It wasn't that long ago that if people on here were selling it for that they would be called "scalpers." Might as well call it 13 cents per round, and it will only continue to go up. These days right now will one day be referred to as the good old days. One day our grandkids will find a long forgotten box of pawpaws .22's marked $11.99 and marvel that it was ever really that cheap, just as we marvel at $2.95 a box now. Does anyone remember when you could buy a new pickup truck for under 10 grand? This here shooting hobby is getting expensive.

Last edited:

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It wasn't that long ago that if people on here were selling it for that they would be called "scalpers." Might as well call it 13 cents per round, and it will only continue to go up. These days right now will be one day referred to as the good old days. One day our grandkids will find a long forgotten box of pawpaws .22's marked $11.99 and marvel that it was ever really that cheap, just as we marvel at $2.95 a box now. Does anyone remember when you could buy a new pickup truck for under 10 grand? This here shooting hobby is getting expensive.
    That elusive $3.99 BX of 50 rds of .22 is still around....all you have to do is qualify to buy a $750 M1 Garand at the Talladega Marksmanship Park near Anniston AL and you can buy up to 200 rds of ammo that day...

Attachments

• 602A9BFF-3DCF-4671-ABEB-B7F105606352.jpeg
      602A9BFF-3DCF-4671-ABEB-B7F105606352.jpeg
      2.5 MB · Views: 43

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    A friend of mine said he stopped by the Blue Angel Walmart. Nothing on the shelves so he asked the clerk if they ever get any ammo in.
    He said they got in 5,000 rounds of .22 that morning and one guy bought it all. It’s probably already either on here or Armslist for triple the price.
    All I gotta say is BULL$HIT!
    There needs to be a 3 box limit.

Yoda

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The trick is to ask your local store when they get trucks. Mine is Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday.
    No point in standing in line the other days.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    A friend of mine said he stopped by the Blue Angel Walmart. Nothing on the shelves so he asked the clerk if they ever get any ammo in.
    He said they got in 5,000 rounds of .22 that morning and one guy bought it all. It’s probably already either on here or Armslist for triple the price.
    All I gotta say is BULL$HIT!
    There needs to be a 3 box limit.
    Probably at a local shop.... for 10x

dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Destin, Navarre, Creighton WM are all now 1 box. Milton is still wide open last time I was there. The WM's that are limiting are doing so because of the same thing - one guy is buying everything - no matter what it is......
    Bass Pro is 2 boxes.

Savage

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Destin, Navarre, Creighton WM are all now 1 box. Milton is still wide open last time I was there. The WM's that are limiting are doing so because of the same thing - one guy is buying everything - no matter what it is......
    Bass Pro is 2 boxes.
    Milton Walmart now has a 1 box limit for about the past two weeks. Still have about 5-10 people lined up every morning there.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I haven’t seen anything on the shelves in the Pace Walmart in months but I don’t go early or anything.
    I just check the ammo section when I go to buy groceries.

dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I haven’t seen anything on the shelves in the Pace Walmart in months but I don’t go early or anything.
    I just check the ammo section when I go to buy groceries.
    I was able to score 2 boxes of 30-06 and 2 boxes of 410 a month ago - that was about it.... bought the 30-06 for a buddy - sold it for what I paid - the good guy thing to do.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Should we start an “ In-stock at Academy” thread?
    That way we can choose to be subscribed to that and not necessarily be notified of ongoing discussions related to it.
    Just a thought.

Top Bottom