• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So I've had this amd65 for 6-7 years or so, great shooting gun, but I hate the wire stock (as do most), due to having no cheek weld capability. I'm wanting to switch over to one of the amd65tech wire stocks with the cheek riser and sling loop, but ran into a dilemma. From what I see, most amds have two holes under the receiver, one of which the spring loaded screw/pin goes into in order to open and close the stock, the other is typically a hole to punch out the pin that holds the stock to the receiver. The issue I have is that my receiver (Dan coonan) only has one of the two holes on the bottom, just for the spring loaded button. There doesn't appear to be any way to tap out the pin that's actually holding the stock on. Is there something I'm overlooking that would allow me to tap out the pin? Im not a fan of drilling into the receiver, but if I have to make a pin-sized hole, I will. I figured I'd ask though before hand, just to make sure I'm not missing anything.
    92ba9b6c437a1cb8db0bead4fef7d234.jpg
    0c7f8db02ed4e3cae352a1749810912d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You maybe able to put a slight cheek riser on the wire stock.
    I know the same amd65 company makes the cheek risers that screw onto the wire stock, but they make a wire stock with a welded cheek riser and sling mount attached to it and I was hoping to go with that option.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom