• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AR-AK

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    So will price and availability on AK,s and 7.62x39 ammo go the same way as AR,s and 5.56/.223 ? Be hard to find and overpriced?

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Depends on who wins POTUS; Biden will EO imports and prices will skyrocket. He has also pledged to tax ammo and reloading materials heavily so ALL ammo prices go up under Biden,regardless of source.

AR-AK

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Do you think sites this will be under extreme monitoring, or would even exist ? What would that mean for private sales?

AR-AK

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I'm sure that they are monitored, but what would be considered illegal and what would be the penalty ? Would every transaction be like purchasing a vehicle, where it would have to be done at some public officials office where we would have to pay fees, have some type of licensing and pay a ridiculous tax on everything. Sorry I'm hoping it never comes to this, we definitely don't need Joe and the Hoe in office. But I'm trying to look at worst case scenario.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Do you think sites this will be under extreme monitoring, or would even exist ? What would that mean for private sales?
    Just look on this site..... 76? robots i think... scanning all threads, 24/7 365. No T800's thank god! I really need a plasma rifle in the 40 watt range!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201019-113026_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20201019-113026_Samsung Internet.jpg
      160.7 KB · Views: 62

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This has been the year of the AK. Never seen so many and selling for so high, even before the crazy $hit happened.
    It cheaper for small gun concerns to assemble ARs that will work from available outsourcing than it is to make AKs that will work. It took the russians years before they could make a decent AKM and so the first issued AKs were milled from solid blocks of steel.
    I am not sure how well the current stamped metal versions of the AKs made in the USA function or last.
    There were functioning ARs that before the current panic sold for $550 or less. No USA made AK at that price is going to work. On the ARs one can used non-chromed barrels and do less than perfect assemblies to save a few bucks. From my research many experts are amazed at how well a cheaper PSA works.
    Today if you want to go cheap the AR is the way to go. The nice thing about the AR if something is wrong, it can be fixed or replaced. Much harder to do major parts replacement like fixing an improperly assembled barrel on an AK. I have an inexpensive ar upper that I need to go through in detail now. There is the school of the american rifle https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaUOYvlDrZh5LWILrVDUM4w that shows how ARs should be inspected. I can not do everything he does because no one has all of those gauges, but some of the most basic things that count most can be checked out and fixed-replaced if out of spec.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If ammo and reloading components get taxed and foreign imports banned, we will just have to pay more.

Top Bottom