Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

AK Picture Thread!

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

TackleberryMCS

Reaction score
Since the pics of my AK that I posted a few years ago vanished due to no longer using Photobucket, I will post them again.

My Armory USA SSR-85C-2 AK-47 (Bulgarian) to which I made several modifications.

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
Heres my WASR, waiting on the new furniture to show up. I wanted a rifle that depicted what our adversaries carried while I was in. So for me the traditional look is a big thing.

20190607_114748.jpg

Attachments

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
Here are 2 pics of my Iraqi Tabuk clone built by TRA. Couldn't be happier with the build!! The hot bluing and attention to detail are top notch!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
Here's the before and after pictures of my 2018 Romanian WASR 10. Loving the surplus Romanian furniture on it. Just need to get correct screw to change out the pistol grip, and the spring for the cleaning kit compartment, and she'll be done.

20190607_114748.jpg

20191107_150534.jpg

Attachments

shadeogray

Reaction score
This is a Molot VEPR AK-308 FIME. Yes, this is an AK in 308. Only 300 made. The stock does fold and the only mod I have done so far was change the lower heat shield with one purchased from Russia to keep it as Russian as possible, this mod will be shown later. I did this to allow the mount of a grip and a light at a later date. The scope is a Trijicon Aurora in red with an Arsenal SM-13V mount. I have a few aftermarket 25 round mags (depicted) in addition the the OEM 5 and 10 round mags it came with. I have a couple more parts on order and once I get them in and installed I'll re-post more pics. I do plan on putting on a suppressor. I may get a different scope later, I just don't like the ACOG as the markings for me are to small.

IMG_7223.jpg

IMG_7225.jpg

https://youtu.be/ikLocPcXqgs

https://youtu.be/DG-tiLwPATA

Attachments

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Reaction score
This is a Molot VEPR AK-308 FIME. Yes, this is an AK in 308. Only 300 made. The stock does fold and the only mod I have done so far was change the lower heat shield with one purchased from Russia to keep it as Russian as possible, this mod will be shown later. I did this to allow the mount of a grip and a light at a later date. The scope is a Trijicon Aurora in red with an Arsenal SM-13V mount. I have a few aftermarket 25 round mags (depicted) in addition the the OEM 5 and 10 round mags it came with. I have a couple more parts on order and once I get them in and installed I'll re-post more pics. I do plan on putting on a suppressor. I may get a different scope later, I just don't like the ACOG as the markings for me are to small.

View attachment 80605

View attachment 80606

https://youtu.be/ikLocPcXqgs

https://youtu.be/DG-tiLwPATA
Where did you get after market magazines for it: Does it use the same mags as the saiga 308

Cstokes91

Reaction score
My newest addition. SGL-21. I also was able to get a military spec 5.5mm folder that i will eventually get built in. Just waiting a little bit because the gunsmith work won't be cheap.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Cstokes91

Reaction score
Here's my sam5 before I shipped it out. I got one of the sporters. There was only about 500 sam5 brought in ever. They are in my opinion, peak AK. They shoot 5.56 and are milled. Most guys (even AK guys) haven't heard of them.

I shipped it out to get a nos bulgy rail added, a complete bulgarian milled side folder assembly installed, the milled ambi safety and grip, the gas block swapped to a Bulgy with bayo, and the FSB to a 24mm thread (right now it non removable).

This will be a super cool project and only 1/2 that I'm aware of that exist in the US. It will effectively make it a sam5sf (take a look at the sam7sf, it's also peak AK imo in 7.62).

Cstokes91

Reaction score
Here's a sam7sf.

Here are some of the stuff I mentioned in the previous. From arsenal Bulgaria it comes with a 24mm FSB, Ambi safety built into the grip, side folder with controls built into the receiver and it is milled. The weight on this is really nice and balanced. In my opinion you'll not find a better 7.62 AK. The only thing different on here is the ALG trigger and bakelite handguards on here.

Cstokes91

Reaction score
Last but not least, here is an m90np. This is extremely accurate. It comes with a factory magwell adapter to accept AR mags from zastava. It also comes with an adjustable gas block which is really cool. Very soft shooting. I upgraded the shit polymer furniture from century to m76 surplus with a handmade m76 wooden grip. I also decided to go LPVO on here with a set of rings from seekins rings. 1-6 from Burris and for the price the rt-6 is fantastic. Finally I threw a Iraqi tabuk style flash hider on here as it sets the look of a bit.

Toggle Sidebar

Sponsors

3rd Coast

Members online