• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So what charities do you donate to?
    Army/Navy/Marine/Air Force relief. Folds of Honor or Wounded Warrior?
    About those folks that won't be my friends? Yup, I got a better notion. Wave your flag on Memorial Day, donate a small portion everyday anonymous,Pick one or more charities, help those that gave thier all. JMHO!

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What does JMHO mean? You put it at the end of every post you make!

Last edited:

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    So what charities do you donate to?
    Army/Navy/Marine/Air Force relief. Folds of Honor or Wounded Warrior?
    About those folks that won't be my friends? Yup, I got a better notion. Wave your flag on Memorial Day, donate a small portion everyday anonymous,Pick one or more charities, help those that gave thier all. JMHO!
    Well from this post seems like you are just trying to stir the pot, but I’ll play. I donate to tunnels to towers and have for a while, I also am not only a alumni member of wounded warriors (Purple Heart recipient) but I’ve donated to them since 2013. I proudly wave my flag everyday of the year and will continue too. How about that for your notion??

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of the entities we donate to is Operation Homefront......

We discovered after Hurricane Michael, that when we did the re-finace on the house back some years ago, our insurance and property taxes wasn't included in the house payment anymore. We never gave it any thought since being 100% disabled I don't pay property taxes, so there were no alarm bells there.

The insurance company never notified us that we weren't making our payments, nor did they inform the mortgage holder, they just canceled the policy for non-payment. So after the Hurricane hit, we called what we thought was our insurance company only to find this out. Since they didn't tell anyone, we didn't know, and the mortgage company didn't know so they never took out a forced policy on us.

Talk about being pissed. Well what's done is done, and the mortgage holder isn't going to care because we are about to the pay the house off.

Anyways our roof which came to $17,000.00 was paid for by Operation Homefront. They do anything from helping pay bills, car repairs, house repairs, appliance replacement, and so much more. They help military members and their families that are in a financial bind.

The interior repairs have been coming out of our pockets. So far inside we are looking at about $20,000.00 worth of work done so far.

After our roof was replaced, which allowed our house to dry out, we were able to move forward with other repairs. The wife and I discussed what to do and we decided to donate back to the agency that helped us. We figure that in another 3 years or so we'll have donated what they paid for our roof, and we'll just keep donating.

I still do the CFC and AFAF donations and have done so since USAF Basic Training in Jan 1986.

Oh and our flag flies 24/7/365......

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The charaties that I give to,both monetarily and physically are a private matter. As in the past,some ask/want to know,then put you down because of your choices. Good example was the Wounded Warrior Foundation.
    Some said they were bad,but when it turned out they were no so bad,like CNN,no apologies from some members.
    Anyway . . . I fly my flag and donate to my chosen charities and do not feel obligated to prove it to anyone. Look at yourselves in a mirror. Do you fly the American Flag 24/7/365 ?? Do you display pro America,pro American troops,retired,disabled on your vech ?? No ?? Pretty much tells your story doesn't it. But hey . . . like a welfare person,nobody can shame you. You are what you are.
    The term - - -> "YOU" is used to fit anyone that it applies to. It is not directed at any one person. If you are proud of yourself after a long look in the mirror . . . well . . . that's you. JMHO --- SAWMAN

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some charities are more responsive than others. The Relief Societies Army/Air Force/Navy/Marine may better serve than more illustrious charities like Wounded Warrior etc. Do Y'all regularly purchase from Folds of Honor or the UDT/SEAL sites? Not trying to yank Y'all's chain, just wanting to ask if Y'all have investigated the charities donating too? Perhaps it's the best bang for Y'all's buck? Please remember that I am also a Combat Veteran.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hoping no one is offended by this. --- SAWMAN View attachment 85270
    No offense taken.

I'm currently waiting out a med retirement. I feel guilty taking money because I'm no longer able to be in the army due to my neck now.

But yes vets are tossed to the wayside and these animals rioting have the stage here now.......

Top Bottom