About that VA disability check you get....not so fast...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

ccity06

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are still a great many democrats who were drafted many years ago. They would affect their voter base by attacking VA Benefits.

We might get better results by reinstating the draft. You would help you people develop a sense of duty and instill values and respect back into society.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    As crazy as it sounds…the example of a disabled vet married to a bank executive…the couple gets divorced legally…problem solved even though it’s an extreme. Most of the member here’s blood would boil if you heard some disability rating stories of where I work on a local base…

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    As crazy as it sounds…the example of a disabled vet married to a bank executive…the couple gets divorced legally…problem solved even though it’s an extreme. Most of the member here’s blood would boil if you heard some disability rating stories of where I work on a local base…
    oh i dont deny there needs to be some tightening of what qualifies for disability. i know people getting out nowadays and getting more for sleep apnea than i do when i almost lost my hand. but that is neither here nor there. the idea that va disability is where they go when its time to start saving money disgusts me.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How much $ was blown in Afghanistan, how much more is being burned on Ukraine, and I'm certain more still that we aren't allowed to hear about? There's some offsets right there that total way more than VA benefits. Hell, we'd about have a surplus right there.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All politics aside, how many people you know, who makes this much or more: “veterans would receive full benefits in 2024 would be set at $125,000“?

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All politics aside, how many people you know, who makes this much or more: “veterans would receive full benefits in 2024 would be set at $125,000“?
    I suspect they'll look at gross pay vs take-home pay if that serves their agenda.

Fng1911

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Between total house income, I know of one and that includes my day job plus retirement, plus wife’s income. But I stimulate the economy with the use of GCGF.

You have more retired officers ( way higher pay) than you do enlisted retiring. And most enlisted didn’t get a degree while In service ( our fault). E7 with 20 years brings home around $2250. O-6 retired with 20 years brings home $6700.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think I'll move to SF if it passes.
    I mean if the VP can claim she is, I guess I could too.

Senator Harris has long identified as both Black and Indian. She recognizes both parents’ heritage as part of her identity and her senate bio reads that she is “the second African-American woman and first South Asian-American senator in history” ( www.harris.senate.gov/about ).

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Think about it, most retired military votes Republican, so by cutting VA compensation the Dems aren’t losing voters, they’ll gain/keep voters with welfare, section 8, stuff like that. So they really don’t care about military because we offer the bigger threat to their agenda
    Honestly, you'd be surprised how many closet leftists were in the military...

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But there is also another catch! 30% reduction when full SS retirement age of 67! That will get most everyone who is a disabled vet! They need $ for Bidumb to pay back China with EV bats and solar panels! And I’m gonna say that they will not be reducing their own pay!

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    But there is also another catch! 30% reduction when full SS retirement age of 67! That will get most everyone who is a disabled vet! They need $ for Bidumb to pay back China with EV bats and solar panels! And I’m gonna say that they will not be reducing their own pay!
    From what I’m reading online after googling this… it’s another CBO proposal to save some $$$ from veterans. WTF is wrong with these folks…?

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

That’s the part people don’t wanna talk about. I can tell you some extreme examples, and if I told you what they blow that money on people would puke.

But repete ain’t wrong. We are talking about a less than 10% portion of society, and what the gov pays them as a thanks for wrecking themselves over *ill say half truths*.

But our political system, just like the population that votes for it, doesn’t believe paying a due debt is a responsibility.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That’s the part people don’t wanna talk about. I can tell you some extreme examples, and if I told you what they blow that money on people would puke.
    Well, they are just following the VA Law, and if the law is the law...

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    They keep cutting Tri-Care benefits for military retirees. When I retired 23 years ago I was told that I would need hearing aids in the future but not to worry they would be covered by Tri-Care. Tri-Care doesn't cover hearing aids! So now I am in the process of filing a VA disability for hearing aids :mad:

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, broken promises for fighting in bullshit wars.

Glad I'm 3/3 in keeping my children out of today's service.

Top Bottom