• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just happened to notice the safety design that makes it diffcult for a bullet to leave the range. Notice how many hits there are in some of the overhead baffles. The midrange structure is likely full of gravel.

1596460907479.png

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    The range I used to frequent had these - and they put them so low you could only shoot rifle from the bench (no standing).

I wish they put separate lanes in because one day a kid shot a rifle down the line (that luckily missed everyone).

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The range I used to frequent had these - and they put them so low you could only shoot rifle from the bench (no standing).

I wish they put separate lanes in because one day a kid shot a rifle down the line (that luckily missed everyone).
    The more shielded the better up to a point. It does get costly and at a certain point ventilation may need to be added.
    Many ranges are set up with berms and shielding that are meant to have the guns fired from a specific ht and angle. For standing positions the ht of the shooter can even be important. If the gun can be pointed at blue sky a bullet can leave the range.
    Most outdoor ranges were constructed prior to housing going up in the impact areas.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    First time I saw ranges like this were in Germany in the early 80's. The range was in town so it made sense. It appeared some of the baffles, which seemed only a couple feet wide if that, were filled with sand, but I never was able to find out for sure. Was a popular design there.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First time I saw ranges like this were in Germany in the early 80's. The range was in town so it made sense. It appeared some of the baffles, which seemed only a couple feet wide if that, were filled with sand, but I never was able to find out for sure. Was a popular design there.
    Pea gravel is what is used in the USA, Four inches of it I was told would stop 30-06 ball ammo. Apparently the gravel acts like a ceramic vest to shatter bullets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom