• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I'm interested in doing an OG M4 carbine build based on our service carbines from the 80s and 90s. PSA had some Safe Semi Burst marked M4 lowers and I thought I'd be fun to make a rifle that's not quite retro, but is getting there. I've never served in the military nor been around these things, and its hard to find clear pics of these things when they were new issue, so I'd be interested in hearing on you all's experience who may of served with these. Stuff like how many stock positions, what kind of finish the bolts and barrels had, fixed or removeable carry handle, etc.

Attachments

• m4_carbine_clone_advert_file-768x768.jpg
      m4_carbine_clone_advert_file-768x768.jpg
      24.1 KB · Views: 56

Hinote

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Everything in the armory at Ramstein AB from 1995 to 2001 was fixed stock fixed carry handle rifle length with a mixture of slick sides and forward assist. Lowers were full and burst. Hand guards were either round or triangle with a mixture of flash hiders. Only Officers and Senior enlisted got carbines with adjustable stocks and they were fixed carry handle as well. Good luck finding a fixed carry handle upper but if you do find two let me know. i want one.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom