• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DonBow

King of Battle
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have a 7” 300 blackout pistol with standard gas block and pistol length gas tube that is having feeding issues or cycling issue after 2 or three rounds fired. It will try to double feed or will eject a round but won’t grab another. Standard milspec BCG and Magpul Pmags also H2 buffer. Anybody know what I could try to fix this issue.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Do this test first: load only one round in the mag, chamber it and fire. Did the bcg lock back? If no, then either the mag is defective or not enough gas to function. Not enough gas can be hard to pin down the cause, but we’ll work on that later.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see you also have an H2 buffer. Have you tried a standard wt buffer.
    Relative to gas leaks before getting input from Daezee and others, there are some basic things you can do at home. The first do the gas ring test and checking your gas key. There are a lot of instructional youtube videos that teach how to do such things.

DonBow

King of Battle
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ok update it was the magazines. I got some magpul 300 blackout Pmags that run just fine. Not sure why the regular mags won’t feed correctly

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ok update it was the magazines. I got some magpul 300 blackout Pmags that run just fine. Not sure why the regular mags won’t feed correctly
    The only difference in those mags and regular pmags is the area where the projectiles sit is a hair bit wider. I never had issues feeding with regular pmags. I only have the 300bo mags cause someone here was selling them super cheap and I bought them. Glad you found the issue. If it ever comes down to it, you can dremel or sand that opening a little larger on a regular pmag to replicate the 300bo mag. Compare the 2 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    The only difference in those mags and regular pmags is the area where the projectiles sit is a hair bit wider. I never had issues feeding with regular pmags. I only have the 300bo mags cause someone here was selling them super cheap and I bought them. Glad you found the issue. If it ever comes down to it, you can dremel or sand that opening a little larger on a regular pmag to replicate the 300bo mag. Compare the 2 and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    Will 556 still function after the modification?

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Will 556 still function after the modification?
    I haven't tried. Maybe I'll send some 5.56 through the 300bo mags and see if I encounter any feeding issues. I highly doubt it will happen though. It's a very minimal difference between the two.

Top Bottom