• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Found 16 hogs of various sizes in the peanut field. Same area as the other night. Same stalking plan. Wind from east...perfect. Dark...perfect. Don't step on branch and alert them...perfect. Stalk east then stalking north, then I feel the wind on the back of my neck...wind shifted for a few seconds. Takes a few seconds for the breeze to get to the hogs. I hear a snort and the sound of hogs running. No time to assume a good shooting position. Bring rifle up, aim at a larger one running and shoot. Hear the bullet hit a body, but the hog doesn't fall, stumble or squeal, just keeps running off the field. Silence. Now I hear a hog making noise. Walk towards the sound. It's a male 40 pounder hit in the side. Shoot in the head to finish it off. Look over field where the aimed at hog ran...nothing. Wife sez a 40 pounder still counts.

For Sawman and Chaps: Peanut field by barn. When hogs ran, half ran into property bordering to the north of the peanut field. Half ran to the east. No hogs seen NW, NE, SE, and SW fields. Dozens of deer in NW and SW peanut fields. From the road, no hogs seen in south peanut field, only deer. Larger tree fell into SW peanut field on east side...easily seen with thermal from the dirt road.

4F122ED4-F009-43BE-BDEE-4E1DF0498259_1_201_a.jpeg

Top Bottom