• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, I decided to build 3 pistols on the AR platform. I used some different parts from 2 manufacturers. I built an AR 45 side charging non reciprocating 8'' upper. I didn't have access to a glcok magazine my first trial shoot. I had a ETC 30 round magazine. When I try and bolt a round, it jams going into the barrel. Looks like the magazine hold the round at to much of an angle. When the bold strikes it, the round almost chambers but jams. There is very litter taper or ramp feed taper in this barrel. Does anyone think the proper Glock Mag will correct this? I have one on order.

Here are the specs:
    20200806_154849.jpg

Gibbz Arms G9 Non Reciprocating Side Charging Upper Receiver with Gen 2 handle
    Kak Industry 8 inch 45 ACP 1/16 Twist Melonite 4150 CMV Barrel
    Blowback System (no gas block needed)
    Blowback System (no gas tube needed)
    Guntec USA 9 inch Keymod Slim Profile Free Float Rail
    Kak Industry .578x28 Slimline Flash Can

The lower is a complete build from Moriarty.

Manufacturer: Moriarti Armaments

Model: AR-45 Billet Lower Receiver

Type: AR-45 Complete Lower Receiver — milled from 7075 T6 aircraft grade aluminum billets

Caliber: Multi

Magazine: Accepts any Glock style large frame pistol caliber magazines in .45ACP/10mm, and other calibers

Weight: 3lb

Other Specifications and Features:

• Machined from 7075-T6 aircraft grade billet aluminum
    • Matte black hard-coat anodized per Mil 8625 Type 3 Class 2
    • Precision machined magazine well with beveled feed lip for easy mag swaps
    • Machined and engraved to be compatible with 45 and 60 degree short throw fire control selectors such as the BAD_ASS ST 45 Lever
    • Caliber marking of “Multi” so it can be used with different pistol caliber uppers
    • Includes factory installed MILSPEC Lower Parts Kit (LPK), Pistol tube kit, 8 oz buffer — Ready to pin to your upper and shoot!
    • Compatible with most standard AR-15 components and most aftermarket parts
    • Take down pin spring and detent hole is threaded for a 4-40 set screw for easy capturing (hardware included)
    • Upper tension screw behind grip screw (threaded hole with hardware included) to adjust any “slop” out of vertical fit between upper and lower
    • Ambidextrous trigger finger rests with grooves (above and below mag release / mag catch)
    • Threaded bolt catch pin (Threaded hole and hardware)
    • Integrated large opening “winter” trigger guard
    • Proprietary magazine catch assembly and ejector is included and installed at the factory
    • Manufactured to MILSPEC (where applicable) on state of the art CNC equipment for consistent quality parts and exacting tolerances
    • Save money by building your own AR-45 rifle from the ground up exactly the way you want it configured and shoot for less!Looking at the barrel

Attachments

• 20200806_155015.jpg
      20200806_155015.jpg
      969.5 KB · Views: 198

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like if I ground a small ramp feed it would fix the problem. I hope a OEM Glock Mag will make it better!

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh crap, Moriarti Armaments.... fmj or hp? My 9 build hates 147g and hp's
    Damn, now you got me worried! I will order and build a new lower. I hate having stuff that don't work properly! What is a good Glock style lower?

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    My first thought is whether or not it's a hollow point. Second is over-insertion of the mag. Try inserting the mag all the way and then pulling back on it to make sure its locked in. I had a Magpul glock-clone mag over-insert and cause jamming in my Sub2000

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first thought is whether or not it's a hollow point. Second is over-insertion of the mag. Try inserting the mag all the way and then pulling back on it to make sure its locked in. I had a Magpul glock-clone mag over-insert and cause jamming in my Sub2000
    Strange thing is the mag locks snug and firm. No slop. I'll try to back it down a bit and see. The tolerance is off so slightly somewhere, it almost chambers but binds. Mind you, I've only tried 1 mag that is cheap knock off.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Strange thing is the mag locks snug and firm. No slop. I'll try to back it down a bit and see. The tolerance is off so slightly somewhere, it almost chambers but binds. Mind you, I've only tried 1 mag that is cheap knock off.
    Put a copper 12 gauge chamber brush in a dremel and polish the 45 chamber. Maybe make it slide better. Could have a bur or other chamber imperfection

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After looking around the net, this is a big problem with 9mm and 45 AR's. Turns out it's the bolt causing the problem. I will grind mine off this afternoon after work and see if that fixes the problem.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Buy something designed from the ground up to shoot 45:

Really nice weapon, as usual with LWRC. Personally, at a $3000 price point I'd be in the market for something else.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd wait and try the primary recommended Glock mag before grinding or permanently altering anything. I'd also work to get it running with FMJ Ball ammo first.

Is it the Case mouth hanging up on the edge of the feed ramp? Blacken a cartridge projectile and case to a point below the case mouth. Put round in mag, mark a line on the case at 12 o'clock so you can compare orientation to scrape bind marks.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really appreciate all the input but I got it resolved. I left work early with my new Glock 10 round mag that USPS brought. Same problem, it to was jamming. I looked into what a new 45 bolt would cost before I ground into this one and decided to give it a try. It cycles flawlessly after I ground that lip off. I don't know if there will be long term repercussions from it but in the short term it is screaming. Worst case, I have to buy a new bolt!!

Attachments

• 20200807_090539.jpg
      20200807_090539.jpg
      880.1 KB · Views: 219
    • 20200807_130512.jpg
      20200807_130512.jpg
      897.7 KB · Views: 208
    Top Bottom