• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't either, not that I know how to use. I do appreciate the info, I like learning for people who know more than me. I bought the Bergara as a entry model. I plan on studying and learning more. I figured out that a good steady table, not a fold out table is the first step ;)
    Or prone out on the ground. That’s generally pretty stable.

I am a member out at Element, they have steel in 100 yard increments with berms out to 1k, with how dry it is spotting would be a breeze. I generally make it there a couple times a month. Multiple stable bench's and a bunch of different prs like things to shoot off.

No doubt you could get that 6.5 on at 1k and likely + 600 with the aero.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Indeed. Which reminds me. The other day I had my BOG out. I was wondering if it would do the stance like your Caldwell would do, turns out it can do that too. Only issue is it's pretty big still and would be more suited for prone use or a large firm table. Just figured I'd share it in case anyone else was wondering. I still may buy one like yours soon for small table use
    The Caldwell has the grip rest, that's why it's easy to shoot from and stays steady. Best $70.00 I've spent.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Or prone out on the ground. That’s generally pretty stable.

I am a member out at Element, they have steel in 100 yard increments with berms out to 1k, with how dry it is spotting would be a breeze. I generally make it there a couple times a month. Multiple stable bench's and a bunch of different prs like things to shoot off.

No doubt you could get that 6.5 on at 1k and likely + 600 with the aero.
    All the property I have access to is remote, woods backing the fields that we own. I thought about building target and arranging them at the McLellan property in intervals but the land goes into farming in the spring. That's why I do mobile targets most of the time. I have plasma cutters and plate steel, it's just so easy to drive 2 T post in the ground and hang sheet metal between them and tape targets. Only problem is I don't own a serious spotting scope. I bought a $200 one thinking it would spot out to 500 yards and it was a joke, can barely see 200. My Vortex sees farther.

The Aero was very easy to sight and the BDC reticle is nice. I'm still impressed with that $329 scope. I've never owned a Acog but shot some buddies .223 with them and this is as close as I've seen.

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All the property I have access to is remote, woods backing the fields that we own. I thought about building target and arranging them at the McLellan property in intervals but the land goes into farming in the spring. That's why I do mobile targets most of the time. I have plasma cutters and plate steel, it's just so easy to drive 2 T post in the ground and hang sheet metal between them and tape targets. Only problem is I don't own a serious spotting scope. I bought a $200 one thinking it would spot out to 500 yards and it was a joke, can barely see 200. My Vortex sees farther.

The Aero was very easy to sight and the BDC reticle is nice. I'm still impressed with that $329 scope. I've never owned a Acog but shot some buddies .223 with them and this is as close as I've seen.
    Yeah good glass is expensive.

I have cheap 16-48x nikon spotting scope and prefer my 5x25 rifle scope when I have spotted for people.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, got to revive this post because I need more advice. I love this .308 I assembled. With the reticle BDC on the prism scope, it shoots great. I need suggestions on a trigger. I used the standard trigger group from Aero and it is very stiff. Looking for suggestions on something with much lighter pull. Also, the distance shooting is slowly coming together with the 6.5. I shot out to 510 yards last week after not getting my ballistics correctly the first trip. I did more research and went back on day 2 after reading and talking to Dan at Grey Man's Armory in Milton and got on target quick. By the way if you guys have not met Dan yet, go by and see him. He is a stand up guy and has good prices and a lot of inventory. Told me to buy Advanced Ballistics by Bryan Litz, it's the best guide to long distance shooting.

On another note, does anyone reload 6.5 Creedmoor? I've been keeping my brass, been shooting Hornady Match rounds. At $2 per round, you want to get your MOA correct as soon as possible. Below was my 2 rounds at 510 yards.
    34084.jpeg

Top Bottom