• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you missed the last one in 2017 here's another chance, 08 APR 24, east Texas, Arkansas, gonna be another good show if weather holds.

April2024.jpg

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Is the red line the path of totality or is it the area between the blue lines?

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is the red line the path of totality or is it the area between the blue lines?
    The shaded area represents totality limits, red line is dead center.

Attachments

• Q4o8dUqNbpNQCjmHbskUVe-970-80.jpg
      Q4o8dUqNbpNQCjmHbskUVe-970-80.jpg
      179.2 KB · Views: 30
    Last edited:

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The shaded area represents totality limits, red line is dead center.
    I was at the Fontana Village near the Dragon state hwy129 for the 2017 total eclipse. It was interesting. Someone had a radio set to a station that gave a minute by minute narration of the different affects of both solar and earth environment that occurred.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was at a corn farm outside of Hopkinsville, KY, dead center of totality.
    We stayed in Nashville the night prior and drove up to the fairgrounds at Gallatin TN where they had food trucks and activities for the day.

Weather was perfect, had some clouds in / out about 45 min prior but it was an amazing show, 2 min 40 secs of totality.

After observing the eclipse for the first minute, it was interesting to see the stars come out in the dark 'daytime' skies and a nearly 360 degree 'sunset' on the horizon.

It's really worth the effort to get into totality; having seen several partial eclipses in my youth, they don't remotely compare to a couple minutes of a total eclipse.

You can understand why primitive man would take it as a sign from the heavens / gods / etc.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    We stayed in Nashville the night prior and drove up to the fairgrounds at Gallatin TN where they had food trucks and activities for the day.

Weather was perfect, had some clouds in / out about 45 min prior but it was an amazing show, 2 min 40 secs of totality.

After observing the eclipse for the first minute, it was interesting to see the stars come out in the dark 'daytime' skies and a nearly 360 degree 'sunset' on the horizon.

It's really worth the effort to get into totality; having seen several partial eclipses in my youth, they don't remotely compare to a couple minutes of a total eclipse.

You can understand why primitive man would take it as a sign from the heavens / gods / etc.
    Everytime I hear of one I'm reminded of a similar thing. Tecumseh predicted some and planned wars around it. I heard the story long ago. I found this little article tho talking about it and other stuff he predicted. Pretty amazing

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was at the Fontana Village near the Dragon state hwy129 for the 2017 total eclipse. It was interesting. Someone had a radio set to a station that gave a minute by minute narration of the different affects of both solar and earth environment that occurred.
    Visited Fontana and the Dragon a half dozen times over the years. But now I've sold my "canyon carver" and got Jeep, less traffic off road.

Top Bottom