• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I got cash if you have something of value to pursue, screw banks, I have the bank of Glock and AR protecting my money!

Refi at 3.125, no cash needed, I am grateful

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Because the 20 trillion dollars of Chinese money that the private bank called the Federal Reserve borrowed was secured with Federal natural resources. Like Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, etc, all used as collateral for our loans that the Chinese already consider us in default on
    I like would to read the agreement of "Federal natural resources. Like Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, etc, all used as collateral".

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yellowstone, not like they can pack it up and take. Wait.... where is London Bridge? Lol
    They may have a prior claim to in that there was once a chinese laundry operating near old faithful prior to it becoming a national park according to one old story.

In the early days of the park, Old Faithful was often used as a laundry:

Old Faithful is sometimes degraded by being made a laundry. Garments placed in the crater during quiescence are ejected thoroughly washed when the eruption takes place. Gen. Sheridan's men, in 1882, found that linen and cotton fabrics were uninjured by the action of the water, but woolen clothes were torn to shreds.[8]

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We still have fewer Covid19 deaths than seasonal flu. Not to down play this virus, but one has to wonder why soooo much emphasis on it? We may never know

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We still have fewer Covid19 deaths than seasonal flu. Not to down play this virus, but one has to wonder why soooo much emphasis on it? We may never know
    Many areas are running out of ventilators that does not happen in a normal flu season. So, it does cause a much more severe illness. We also have not yet reached the peak of this illness.
    one has to wonder why soooo much emphasis on it?
    Some places are running out of places for the bodies by the way and are using refrigerator trucks for storage.
    These is a lot of politics on both sides because the presidential election is in play. .

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Hahahahah, I don't feel that way.. I'll be spending my $1200 on chufa, ammo, & rum....
    That's a good investment, the more I read on the bushmaster acr the less I want it. They were supposed to build a caliber swap kit to change it to 450 bushmaster, 6.8. And x39. Kits are 850 each if you can find them.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's a good investment, the more I read on the bushmaster acr the less I want it. They were supposed to build a caliber swap kit to change it to 450 bushmaster, 6.8. And x39. Kits are 850 each if you can find them.
    I will pass on it.
    A kit for $850 each. I can buy a first class upper for that from a quality outfit for that price.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like would to read the agreement of "Federal natural resources. Like Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, etc, all used as collateral".
    There is an easy solution for this. Just deduct the US Covid-19 expenses (including taxpayer incentives) directly from the debt owed the Chinese. Make the Chinese pay for it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Decided not to get a high end AR. Going use my germ check for a AR in .243. 20 inch.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems all those Stimulus Deposits and people checking their accounts for them: has CRASHED several financial institutions systems. This crash and back OnLine rollercoster will probably continue for some time and repeat with every major handout. I don't know if the crashes impact real time credit/debit transactions.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I enjoy shooting the 243. Never tried it in an AR. Enjoy.
    I have never owned a .243 and yet I think it is one of the finest cartridges in the world. It certainly beats my 6.5 grendel, but it needs an AR10 rather than the AR15 receivers.
    I remember a story years ago of an idiot that went into penny's hardware when it was still open. He went over to the used gun rack and loaded a .243 and tried to shoot himself in the foot. The goal was to say that Penny's had left the gun rifle loaded so he could sue. Someone saw him load the gun so he received no money and he also lost his foot and part of his lower leg. A .243 is a destructive loading relative to flesh.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It is also a capable target/competition round. It is a 6mm.

I believe the 243 is overlooked in the long distance competitions because of the legacy barrel twist rates (slow). If manufactures offered higher twist rates (like being made for the 6mm Creedmoor) more people would be encouraged to load the higher BC bullets and give them a try at longer distances.

I believe John Whidden has recently won the National High Power Rifle Championship 6 times with a 243. I believe that completion goes from 200 to 1000 yards. He reams a longer than typical chamber so he can load a longer cartridge with more powder and higher velocity. Not sure his twist rate.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The "normal" twist rates for those guns are 7.5 to 8.5. Depending on the intended bullets.
    In the .243" chamberings,the long range bullets are super long for caliber.
    Given the 243Win and 6mm Rem have been around since . . . FOREVER . . . and the 260Rem has been around for quite some time,this is why I really do not understand the invention and popularity of the 6.5Creedmoor for the longer range stuff.
    I have a buddy up in Maine that used to shoot 1000yds with a group of us. He shot a 6mmAI. What a great chambering. --- SAWMAN

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I agree, up to 1000 yards, I am not sure how much better the Creedmoor is. Maybe the magic happens farther out? With regards to twist rates, I thought I remembered the old 243 Remington 700s had a 1:10 rate and was later sped up to nearly 1:9. If that is true, that would be slower than the 7.5 to 8.5 for the Creedmoor. I could be wrong.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree, up to 1000 yards, I am not sure how much better the Creedmoor is. Maybe the magic happens farther out? With regards to twist rates, I thought I remembered the old 243 Remington 700s had a 1:10 rate and was later sped up to nearly 1:9. If that is true, that would be slower than the 7.5 to 8.5 for the Creedmoor. I could be wrong.
    If the barrel is custom one can get a faster twist.
    If it was a bolt gun I might take a good long look at the 6.5x55 swede and load it to the same pressures as the 6.5 creedmore and for sure it would out shoot the creedmore. In an AR10 the Creedmore is the better choice and I would still choose a .308 over it.
    When gun writers glamorize a round or what ever, it becomes excaliber and many have to have it.

Top Bottom