• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you can kill or catch it while it's still good to eat Gold, silver will last so long. You can't eat it. If everything is poisoned guns and ammo won't help either.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    the barter system will rule then, which changes with the needs of those who barter, one day, liquor, then medicine, or ammo, food . all will have their time if TSHTF like portrayed in the movies

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Pretty infuriating the big company execs get billions in bailouts and I get a "stimulus" in the form of a check now which is actually a tax credit I will end up paying for next tax year, effectively wiping out any refund.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    the barter system will rule then, which changes with the needs of those who barter, one day, liquor, then medicine, or ammo, food . all will have their time if TSHTF like portrayed in the movies

Ya need to read "the road " by cormic McCarthy. Dont watch the movie. Probably the most true/real scenario. If your familiar with his work, he dosent do Hollywood feel good endings. You have been warned.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do not have one, but a Still is a smart thing to have along with sugar cane and corn crop with grinder. One can have small still as I understand it for making farm ethanol. People always want booze. Cigarettes are another thing that people want. Forget about hunting big game in areas of high populations. For example in the late 40's and 50's people tell me that deer for example were rare. People had killed most of them off. not true today, but if every hungry people with a gun or a bow is out there, there will not be a lot of deer. Get more meat from shooting the stray dogs let loose by their starving owners. LOL, I even have some obese neighbors that might look good if I and my dogs got hungry enough.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A good pellet gun can get you protein in most places. A live catch trap (coon size) works 24/7.
    Running a line of traps is one way to get meet and not have to work too hard. Pellet gun: Song birds can be a source of protein. Do not forget about eating snakes also.

People use to eat song birds and still do in some places. Remember the song of:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Starving people will gladly eat what ever they can catch or kill.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Maybe, but for sure they gladly take from those that have food when they do not.

those who have that mentality will take from others rather than eat what they kill, we as a nation have forgotten how to live off the land

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    those who have that mentality will take from others rather than eat what they kill, we as a nation have forgotten how to live of the land
    During the depression backyard gardens and chickens were important. People were also a lot thinner in those days. Fruit trees were highly valued and people did know about gathering wild plants for eating.
    Farmers were also burning crops according to some stories. There was a lot social unrest too. Picture below of communist protest type of march. Not sure if it is the USA or UK because of the hat on the policeman. FDRs new deal was meant to put a stop to it.

3019445_orig.png

https://www.google.com/search?q=dep...Bw#imgrc=IrIFnnT19TKn6M&imgdii=GMtxdpBvp95fDM

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes Sir , and I’m a old country boy and will eat damn near anything . :wink::peace:

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It is times like this that make me glad I live where I do. I know almost my entire neighborhood, mostly fishing families so we all can catch something to eat, we would group together if needed, most own at least a shotgun and hunting rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I suspect that banks are involved and there is money to be made. From email that I just got fro Senator Joe G

1585674627708.png

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Top Bottom