• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Think out of sight, out of mind is the best defense to theft.

Vehicle burglaries are rather quick incidents for the most part, criminals don't like to spend much time doing their deeds... the obvious spots are usually checked first (glove box, center console, under the seats). Lock boxes are SURE to attract more attention and effort hands down.

I can't recall in all my years as a cop a trunk ever being opened and checked during a vehicle burglary... under the spare tire would be a great hiding place as would the access areas in the rear fender well. The panels pull out easy and there is a lot of room back there. Some creative minimal work in your vehicle would probably yield some GREAT hiding places.
    I see one problem with the trunk idea. When leaving the car I do not want anyone to see me stashing something in the trunk or retrieving it. True, a distance from your destination you could stow the gun in the trunk and do the same when retrieving it.
    I big issue is going to a hospital for a procedure and letting a valet park your car.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Strange situation. Not the same as joe blow leaving his carry piece in the car to run inside a post office though. Let’s not go too tin-foil-hat-wearing on this one...
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no Tinfoil hat when the story is True. Like most, if not all oncealed carriers: they would adamantly deny the possibility of dropping and loosing their firearm. This Judge probably thought the same thing until they found his gun inside a Post Office! Self assured, just a quick "in & out". Lol
    https://americanconcealed.com/woodstock-judge-loses-gun-in-post-office/

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What I was trying to say is that Idiots aside, I think people make a way bigger issue out of the post office thing than it really is. And yes I realize Sawman’s post is satire. And No I’m not advocating for anyone to violate the law either. I’m just saying no one is staking out the post office parking lot waiting for a CWL holder to cross the thresholds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is it safe to assume that there is no electronic surveillance in place. I generally avoid going to an official USPS place if there is not some non-USPS parking near by since one can not even have a gun in the car.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I cannot figure out why no metal detectors after all it is their people going postal on them, not us

Top Bottom