SCOTUS won't Hear Challenge to Florida Open Carry Ban.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-supreme-court-open-carry-20171127-story.html

Chalk up another mark in the loss column for Florida gun owners.

At some point we are going to have to ask ourselves why Florida has continuously failed to join the pro-2A movement that so many other states have advanced.

We seem to be totally unable to score even a single significant victory on the 2A.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At some point we are going to have to ask ourselves why Florida has continuously failed to join the pro-2A movement that so many other states have advanced.

It's not hard to figure out why. Every major city/population center in the state is liberal controlled and rife with people from the Northeast and Eastern seaboard that want to make Florida just like the cesspools they left.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think we also need an impenetrable wall along the northern borders of our states. Fairhope is growing by leaps and bounds and I'm afraid most of the new arrivals are from the high taxed northern states. Funny how they want to escape the liberal agenda of "fairness (tax the hell out of the rich and high achievers)" and move to the low educated, racist, red neck states. :noidea:

BTW, there are Doug Jones signs growing like weeds in Fairhope.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea, the Supreme Court smelled a set up job and declined to play along. Norman had a concealed carry permit and yet decided to carry openly. I bet this was so that he would have the legal standing to challenge the law as being unconstitutional. The fine was $300 and he was convicted of a second degree misdemeanor.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think we also need an impenetrable wall along the northern borders of our states. Fairhope is growing by leaps and bounds and I'm afraid most of the new arrivals are from the high taxed northern states. Funny how they want to escape the liberal agenda of "fairness (tax the hell out of the rich and high achievers)" and move to the low educated, racist, red neck states. :noidea:

BTW, there are Doug Jones signs growing like weeds in Fairhope.

Are you originally from Fairhope? Or maybe some other part of the state? Just curious.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Are you originally from Fairhope? Or maybe some other part of the state? Just curious.

Nope, I'm/was a damn Yankee, raised in a staunch democrat family, lived most of my life in a blue collar heavily unionized town until I woke up one day, with help of an education, and realized that I couldn't amount to anything depending on a union job and the corrupt democrats that ran my town along with the union. So, to make a long story short, the company I worked for transferred me to, lets just say, lower Alabama. That was 24 years ago so I do consider myself belonging here and proud to say that I'm a Southerner by choice and by the grace of God.

That's probably more information than you needed. :madgrin:

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nope, I'm/was a damn Yankee, raised in a staunch democrat family, lived most of my life in a blue collar heavily unionized town until I woke up one day, with help of an education, and realized that I couldn't amount to anything depending on a union job and the corrupt democrats that ran my town along with the union. So, to make a long story short, the company I worked for transferred me to, lets just say, lower Alabama. That was 24 years ago so I do consider myself belonging here and proud to say that I'm a Southerner by choice and by the grace of God.

I knew there was something I liked about you...

I-Saw-the-Light-2015-Movie-HDRip-Watch-Online-Free-Torrent-Download.jpg

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think it was good that scotus did not hear the case opposed to hearing it, and siding with the lower court. At least the opportunity still exists to be heard in the future. It just needs to be presented (argued) by more qualified and experienced attorneys. I also believe the issue with fla., is if they do allow open carry, they will lose revenue money from cc permits, and this is why they fought it. Sure, they could say you can carry open "IF" you have a ccw permit. But doing that would bring suits as being discriminatory against people who don't want to carry concealed. Which I don't blame them. I say go open carry, and let the LEO do CH checks if they see you open carry. If you're a felon, see ya. The 2nd adm. states the right to "bear" arms, not "hide" arms. When you "bear" something, it is "seen". just my 2 cents

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking at the map in the article below we are definitely in the minority when it comes to open carry. As the article states we need to get the two turncoat Republicans, Anitere Flores (R) and Rene Garcia, off the committee.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-campaign&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily

We are in poor company, New York and Kalifornia.

I've bitched ad nauseum about Flores and Garcia, with little to no support even in the "conservative" Panhandle. It used to be De la Portilla that was the problem. Got rid of him and now there are two problem republicans. Most threads like these devolve into idiots yelling about how OC will cause robbers to shoot you first (myth).

We have the governor, the attorney general, the senate, the house and the Florida Supreme Court in the hands of republicans and "conservatives". Yet, we can't win a single battle. Can't even get pro-gun Bills heard on the floor. The guy leading the pro-gun push in Florida, Senator Greg Steube of Sarasota, has already said that he may not bring any of the pro-gun bills to his committee (Judiciary) due to lack of support.

We've basically already lost this session before it has even begun. This is ridiculous and should not be tolerated. But even in our "conservative" Panhandle area, the people don't seem to care. Too many weak-kneed Republicans and Fudds scared of the sight of a holstered pistol, thinking that OCers are being gunned down in the streets in OC states (they're not).

Florida has not moved forward, it has been stagnant, for at least three years, and looks like it'll be stagnant this coming year as well. We are going to start moving backward soon if something doesn't change. South Florida is totally liberal and central Florida can not be depended upon at all. The Panhandle is the only area and even the Panhandle has abandoned true conservatism in favor of being satisfied with just being "republican".

The people in Texas overcame the heavy blue areas to pass OC and a slew of other pro-gun bills. They have Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, El Paso and several other blue areas to overcome, and they did so. We can't even come close. We are being pushed backward and not putting up any fight.

Last edited:

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Well that's quite a bit of info for sure. Welcome to Fairhope, sounds like just the right place for you.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think it was good that scotus did not hear the case opposed to hearing it, and siding with the lower court. At least the opportunity still exists to be heard in the future. It just needs to be presented (argued) by more qualified and experienced attorneys. I also believe the issue with fla., is if they do allow open carry, they will lose revenue money from cc permits, and this is why they fought it. Sure, they could say you can carry open "IF" you have a ccw permit. But doing that would bring suits as being discriminatory against people who don't want to carry concealed. Which I don't blame them. I say go open carry, and let the LEO do CH checks if they see you open carry. If you're a felon, see ya. The 2nd adm. states the right to "bear" arms, not "hide" arms. When you "bear" something, it is "seen". just my 2 cents

I think you nailed it, FL requires a license for everything and are damned proud of them. Now excuse me, while I go buy non-state taxed groceries with my non-state income tax money.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's not hard to figure out why. Every major city/population center in the state is liberal controlled and rife with people from the Northeast and Eastern seaboard that want to make Florida just like the cesspools they left.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Yep. Sadly, Florida is slowly becoming California. It's even starting locally. IMO, we can thank the tourism industry for encouraging this by whoring themselves to anyone with a dollar, locals be damned.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What about everybody's guy, Matt Gaetz ,R-FL, that everyone wanted in office? What has he done besides talk the talk? lmao
    Seems like he should talk to Anitere Flores (R) and Rene Garcia to help him out and vote pro on some of the gun bills, since he's new, and most likely won't be re-elected unless he starts getting things Done.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What about everybody's guy, Matt Gaetz ,R-FL, that everyone wanted in office? What has he done besides talk the talk? lmao
    Seems like he should talk to Anitere Flores (R) and Rene Garcia to help him out and vote pro on some of the gun bills, since he's new, and most likely won't be re-elected unless he starts getting things Done.

Well, Gaetz is in Congress in DC, and has sponsored at least three pro-gun bills that I know of, which is doing something. Problem is that he can't force McConnell to move those bills. McConnell is the biggest problem in the House and Ryan is the problem in the Senate (and McCain as well).

I've contacted Senators Joe Negron, Doug Broxson, Greg Steube, Rene Garcia, Anitere Flores and Represenative Jayer Williamson about the lack of pro-gun bills being advanced in Florida, and the only response I've received is from Williamson, who appeared to actually write the email himself, and also seemed confused as to why a "Republican held legislature was unable" to do what they needed to do.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Several pro-gun bills were killed in the Florida Senate judiciary committee.

Republicans control that committee, but pro-gun bills can't make it through.

Just vote republican. At least you'll still get to debate Glock vs 1911.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Finally, something has happened. The house Passed GOP bill to allow CC across State lines. Here's a quote,

"The measure would allow gun owners with a state-issued concealed-carry permit to carry a handgun in any state that allows concealed weapons. It now goes to the Senate."

"The House approved the bill, 231-198, largely along party lines. Six Democrats voted yes, while 14 Republicans voted no."

It'd be nice if they listed the 14 Rep., that voted No.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/06/house-passes-gop-bill-allowing-concealed-carry-across-state-lines/

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally, something has happened. The house Passed GOP bill to allow CC across State lines. Here's a quote,

"The measure would allow gun owners with a state-issued concealed-carry permit to carry a handgun in any state that allows concealed weapons. It now goes to the Senate."

"The House approved the bill, 231-198, largely along party lines. Six Democrats voted yes, while 14 Republicans voted no."

It'd be nice if they listed the 14 Rep., that voted No.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/06/house-passes-gop-bill-allowing-concealed-carry-across-state-lines/

Only problem with that bill is the "fix NICS" language, which I read seems to encourage bureaucratic agencies to add names to the list of prohibited persons. Hopefully the Senate removes that language from the bill. I expect that they won't pass any bill at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom