DK Firearms

WTB from a FFL stripped AR15 lower for AR pistol upper.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking for a local dealer or anyone else that has for sale an unused AR15 lower legally capable of accepting an AR pistol upper. Needs to be so be marked on the 4473 and I want a receipt so stating. I want to be able show documentation of its origin if needed.
    I am in the Pace, FL.
    I could wait till the next gunshow, but I decided I want one now.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You want it marked as "pistol"?

The receipt and 4473 should have the right classification. I believe pistol or other. From what I understand 'other' is what it is supposed to have on the 4473 form, it should be unused, and then it can be used for anything that is legal to possess.

Do they actually make receivers that are marked pistol? If so does one pay more for the receiver to be marked "pistol"?

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    4473 asks for "hand gun, long gun or other" receivers are just that, a receiver. you can't dedicate a stripped lower as anything other than receiver unless doing a class 3 type item. i have worked in gun shops for over 10yrs and talked to FDLE more times than i can count. that is all they ask, "hand gun, long gun, or other..." when they ask what it is, you tell them its a lower receiver, thats it. just my 2 cents.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I own an Anderson lower that has “pistol” engraved by the serial number that I bought stripped from a home based ffl and it was transferred as an “other”. I have had this discussion with 2 home based FFLs that are members here and both said that when a receiver is transferred to them as an “other” then they transfer it out as an “other” because they are not licensed “manufacturers.

Just my $.02. I am not an expert and don’t work in the firearm business.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I picked up an anderson lower out the door for under $79 at trade winds gun and pawn. It was a telephone call to say what I wanted and then following it up until it arrived. If Miles does not have it, he can usually get it and sell at a competitive price. I got a xerox copy of the 4473 for my records of it. On the 4473 it is an 'other' and on the printed out sales receipt it says pistol.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sell andersons for $55 OTD . They are Multi cal and you can do anything you want pistol or rifle. 4473 is indicated by other since it is neither a pistol or rifle at time of purchase.

Top Bottom