Boycott Florida to protest anti-2A policy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would it work?

This has already started on another forum I belong to. Responses appear positive, and the numbers are increasing. The idea is that pro-gun folks are cancelling vacations, etc. to Florida, taking their money elsewhere, and notifying people like our spineless governor exactly why they are not coming to Florida. The push is to make this anti-gun attack as financially painful as possible to the state and those who rule it, because we all know, nothing talks like money.

These are folks from other states doing this, they can easily go to another state like Alabama, or Georgia. There are a small number doing this that are actually from Florida. So, why can't pro-gun Florida residents vacation and recreate outside Florida, too? So why not? Would it work? They obviously don't care about the Constitution, maybe money matters more.

Discuss.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hell I am now thinking about leaving the state when I retire. And this is home. Should have cut the state off below Ocala years ago and floated it back to Cuba. Then torpedoed it on the way. Maybe we can start a movement to join Alabama all the way to the Apalachicola River.

Idoono

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, the join Alabama thing has been talked about before. I too am done with this state upon retirement; about two years.

I'll start the boycott locally by not buying a FL hunting/fishing license. I will pay extra and travel to hunt out of state, or just will not hunt. There's one.....

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hell I am now thinking about leaving the state when I retire. And this is home. Should have cut the state off below Ocala years ago and floated it back to Cuba. Then torpedoed it on the way. Maybe we can start a movement to join Alabama all the way to the Apalachicola River.

Idoono

I would not move to a state that charges income tax... I am looking at TX right now.

Or sell all my gun stuff and land keep my airguns and retire overseas.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I would not move to a state that charges income tax... I am looking at TX right now.

Or sell all my gun stuff and land keep my airguns and retire overseas.

I assume for other reasons, or just increased firearm restrictions in Florida? Because I'd be interested in hearing about a country that could offer a comparable quality of life that is more lax/less restrictions on firearms.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I assume for other reasons, or just increased firearm restrictions in Florida? Because I'd be interested in hearing about a country that could offer a comparable quality of life that is more lax/less restrictions on firearms.

We have been talking about moving to TX for a while. I will have the house paid off next month and probably just rent it. The land is paid for. I would sell but getting some more bites on getting a cell tower deal. There is plenty of land for sell in TX to get my own gun range started again if I really wanted all that again. The guns and stuff are just toys and investments.

As for overseas that is one of our retirement plans... I could give up the guns to live in certain places overseas and then yes there are places that welcome your guns. If I want to shoot... Everyone welcomes my high end airguns.

I don't get that attached to material things. The wife that's a different story. She is attached to the house. I could care less about it.

The plan was to rent this house out and buy another one in the Pace area. Probably not gonna happen now.

This state is getting bad next it will be Class 3 stuff and high cap mags. LOL

Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About the only money we spend in Florida is property taxes and utility bills. Gas, groceries come from Alabama. Most everything else comes from various internet stores.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well as a Texan I wanted to go home and tried. Financially by a LOT FL won out. Neither had income tax but Insurance & property tax are much higher in TX and all vehicles I own would have to be retaxed and registered, that is no small $$. Then it would cost me $6k to move and not just $1K as here. So looking at maybe a 10 year lifespan and limited cash to pay all up front it was a no brainer to stay here. I have a hunting lease here and it costs WAY more to hunt IF you can even find a lease in TX, much more public land here to as TX is mostly private. I flat could not afford to move home or I would have.

I will just disregard the new policies as they do not relate to me specifically, Fl will turn Blue, I knew that especially with a million new Puerto Ricans relocating here and all the liberals moving from the northern states. Franks .02, care to talk about it? call me.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well as a Texan I wanted to go home and tried. Financially by a LOT FL won out. Neither had income tax but Insurance & property tax are much higher in TX and all vehicles I own would have to be retaxed and registered, that is no small $$. Then it would cost me $6k to move and not just $1K as here. So looking at maybe a 10 year lifespan and limited cash to pay all up front it was a no brainer to stay here. I have a hunting lease here and it costs WAY more to hunt IF you can even find a lease in TX, much more public land here to as TX is mostly private. I flat could not afford to move home or I would have.

I will just disregard the new policies as they do not relate to me specifically, Fl will turn Blue, I knew that especially with a million new Puerto Ricans relocating here and all the liberals moving from the northern states. Franks .02, care to talk about it? call me.

What part of Texas was that. I found it all depends on where you live how much property taxes are. It's pretty much the same here in Florida. Some places just charge way to much property tax. That is one big deciding factor when I buy a house. I like to pay things off fast but you will always have property taxes. I tried to get my parents out of VA. They are the kings of charging taxes it seems.

As for the cars never looked into that but would not bother me. Been threw that moving to Georgia a while ago.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It all depends on the county you move to and the quality of living and schools. The worst are cheaper than the better. Remember I am retired also and not working for a living, taxes are a killer for me. Where I moved is very cheap in taxes and not in a city limits and the insurance went way down (1/2) away from the coast, we also considered Alabama since we are almost there already.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    From the report I heard on the radio this morning it doesn't appear to be hearting the Spring Break crowd. They said we're already seeing a pretty big increase over the past few years. Seems every year we go without a hurricane the tourist numbers increase, good for the local economy, bad for the traffic especially in Destin with the road construction going on!

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wouldn't run out on Florida. It's still pretty gun friendly, I've worked in far worse places (think New York). No matter where you go there's going to be something muffed up about the place. All this crap going on now is some political maneuvering for brownie points to get votes. It might not pass a court challenge. I did see some signs at the gun shop today saying no sales to under 21.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The more we allow, the more they'll legislate. It hasn't even been a full month since the Florida bill was signed and the masses have resigned themselves to the fact that this is life under the new reality. I have little faith in the NRA (they had to posture to maintain membership) or the court system (will find that states can have laws more restrictive, or in addition to, federal) to change one thing that the bill includes. Hope I'm wrong, but government rarely ever repeals or reduces without another offset.

I understand and expect the anti-gun actions in states that are predominantly liberal/democrat. What happened in Florida was because of "republican" support and/or failure. That right there guys was this state turning upside down politically, and still we get, "A vote for anyone other than a republican is a vote for the democrats," "I don't care about bump stocks," "I don't care because I'm over 21," and "I don't care because I'm not mentally ill."

Ya'll better read that confiscation part again. It's not just about mental illness. It's all about you losing your guns, without due process, based on what someone thinks/feels. If you think every one of those requirements has to be met before confiscation, you're wrong. And the line near the end that basically says we'll apply whatever else we think applies is the nail in the coffin. And don't be lulled into believing they are now satisfied that they got bump stocks and raised the age limit.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Drove past the new Dick's in Pace yesterday and the parking lot was so full it was sickening. There's an awful lot of folks in that area that really like Dick's (some pun intended) or maybe don't know about their anti-American views on firearms and freedom.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    How do you boycott a state you live in...? Unless you really no shit move out, you kinda sound like all of the snowflakes that swore they’d move to Canada if Trump won...and to the best of my knowledge not one of those folks did, all talk. Stay and fight, make a difference. I’m here for the long haul myself.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I'm spending around 15K on private school per year, so moving to a state with income tax is not a problem as long as my wife and I can get a location with good public school.

Any ideas?

Top Bottom