• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sent an email in last night and got a call this morning. They said they mailed it 2 days after I sent the payment but sadly it got lost in the mail. I hateeeeeeee the post office in Daphne. They're going to mail out another one ASAP. Glad im not forgotten lol.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    forgot to update this.. They had mailed me the card 2 days after they got payment but in standard fashion Daphne Post Office lost it. I emailed the other day next morning got a call and the next day had a new card. Big thumbs up on that one...Now to get as much use as possible until I transfer.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In case anyone hasn't looked at the FOP website, the range will be closed starting Monday, August 7th, for about a month. I was told they are going to be rebuilding the berms and improving the drainage at the front of the range, near the target stands.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In case anyone hasn't looked at the FOP website, the range will be closed starting Monday, August 7th, for about a month. I was told they are going to be rebuilding the berms and improving the drainage at the front of the range, near the target stands.

Just noticed that this morning. I'm glad their making improvements, especially addressing the mucky area in front of the target stands. Need to test out some 38 special and 357 magnum loads so better do that this week.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just noticed that this morning. I'm glad their making improvements, especially addressing the mucky area in front of the target stands. Need to test out some 38 special and 357 magnum loads so better do that this week.

I'm in the same boat. I've got a few guns I need to zero, so I guess I better make plans to do it this weekend.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The gate was open and no one was there when I got to the range yesterday. Ben, the Sargent at Arms/Range Master had mentioned to me in the past that had become a problem from time to time, so I called the President and let him know. Ben came up and reviewed the security footage and found out what kind of car the person was driving.

Ben mentioned to me that he has two pet peeves: 1. Driving anywhere beyond the "No Parking" signs (or even parking very close to them) and 2. Leaving the gate open when you leave the empty range. They're going to bring that stuff up in the next meeting and start suspending memberships if/when it happens again.

I have a pet peeve as well: putting used backers with staples in them back in the shed with the new backers. I cut my trigger finger pretty bad a few weeks ago reaching in the stack of "new" backers and pulling out one that had a bunch of holes and staples in it.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've seen a few backers like that before. Never been when the gate is left open though. I really told myself I wasn't going to waste my membership this year though like it did the previous 3 years I've been a member....I went maybe 4 times.
    I will have access to a pretty awesome range up in Pocatello, since my step dad works for the Sheriff's Dept. I will get a free membership, it has a rifle range with steel out to 700yds. That's what I really enjoy shooting.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The gate was open and no one was there when I got to the range yesterday. Ben, the Sargent at Arms/Range Master had mentioned to me in the past that had become a problem from time to time, so I called the President and let him know. Ben came up and reviewed the security footage and found out what kind of car the person was driving.

I was there yesterday morning but it wasn't me. :behindsofa:

Now, with the new keypad entry/exit method, a lazy SOB doesn't even have to leave the comfort of their vehicle to close the gate.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was there yesterday morning but it wasn't me. :behindsofa:

Now, with the new keypad entry/exit method, a lazy SOB doesn't even have to leave the comfort of their vehicle to close the gate.
    It wasn't you that left the gate open, but Ben did mention that a white truck backed right up to the No Parking sign.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It wasn't you that left the gate open, but Ben did mention that a white truck backed right up to the No Parking sign.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That was me. :madgrin:

Funny that he didn't say anything to me because he was there when I was there and I was about 3' to 4' to the side of the sign (not backed up to it) which was clearly visible from a straight on view.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That was me. :madgrin:

Funny that he didn't say anything to me because he was there when I was there and I was about 3' to 4' to the side of the sign (not backed up to it) which was clearly visible from a straight on view.

I think he meant just backed up about even with the sign. I think he wants people to park over next to the pavilion and use the tables instead of their tailgates, but I could be wrong.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think he meant just backed up about even with the sign. I think he wants people to park over next to the pavilion and use the tables instead of their tailgates, but I could be wrong.

In my practical and simple mind, the pavilion area should be the designated parking area and posted as such. Oh well, for $50 a year, I'll park where ever they want me to and well away from the No Parking sign. :yield:

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The range was supposed to be back open this weekend, but now the calendar shows that it is going to be closed another week.

Looks like I'll be heading up to Three Brothers next week.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The ranged opened back up Saturday afternoon. I ran up there yesterday to gather some data on a couple things. Ben told me that it was going to be closed again next Saturday so they could lay sod and finish up the remaining 4 or 5 target stands.

Top Bottom