• ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll start it off. See if we can get the mods to make a sticky for it

Henry Repeating Arms .22lr Goldenboy

not too many have the brass barrel band

brass bead, deep blue octagon barrel

Brass and gold leafing EVERYWHERE! I LOVE this lil gun. Shoots .22lr, .22long, .22short. Also, being lever action, cycles out subsonics like a dream. I have some Aquila Calibri and can shoot out of the garage at a target across the street and no one will ever know. Hell, if they hear anything, they probably think you have an electric stapler or something of the sort. awesome fun!

Last edited:

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    any rifle. was kinda hoping it would go somewhere. But...its gone nowhere. POST AWAY!

brasshog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Awesome. I will get some pics up of my custom rifle and post them in a few days.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That Henry is gorgeous! My dad doesn't own a long gun but is fascinated with the company and their products. He watches the show that comes on occasionally early on Saturday morning about the company. He won't buy one for himself, says he'd never want to shoot it. I may surprise him with one this Christmas just so he can look at it. LOL

brasshog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    IMG_9613 (Custom)a.jpg

IMG_9620 (Custom).JPG

IMG_9638 (Custom).JPG

20130806_174803 (Custom).jpg

This is my original Contender (last year production frame) that is sporting a custom 21" MGM barrel chambered in 7mm TCU (Thompson Center Ugalde) with a custom chamber designed specifically for 120gr Noser Ballistic Tips (1/9 Twist). The scope mount is the custom six hole version from MGM also. The trigger has had some parts custom manufactured, trigger set at 1.5lbs, with no creep by Mike Bellm. The scope and mount are both Zeiss. To feed this darling I purchased a set of competition custom dies from Redding (retail $320 at midwayusa.com) since factory ammo isn't available. I have fired about 25 rounds so far and can tell that it kicks about like a 22mag but has alot more punch. Overall length is 31 3/8" and she weighs about 6lbs. I have a custom stock (target version-$380) being built for my large hands that has pillar bedding etc.. so in the meantime I purchased a "new" stock that was "in the white". It came to me in horrible shape (holes didn't even line up and were oblong) so I worked alittle magic and made it into a hunting stock. The only good thing about the stock was that it came with a limbsaver butt pad installed. The last pic shows (left to right) a fired 223, a resized 223/7tcu with 100gr HP projectile, and a "once fired" piece of TCU brass. Firing it moves that shoulder way up . Total so far is nearly $2500 invested. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_9613 (Custom)a.jpg
      IMG_9613 (Custom)a.jpg
      16.3 KB · Views: 1,012
    • IMG_9620 (Custom).JPG
      IMG_9620 (Custom).JPG
      33.9 KB · Views: 1,011
    • IMG_9638 (Custom).JPG
      IMG_9638 (Custom).JPG
      26.7 KB · Views: 1,003
    • 20130806_174803 (Custom).jpg
      20130806_174803 (Custom).jpg
      23.1 KB · Views: 990
    Last edited:

brasshog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I forgot to mention that the barrel started life as a Shilen Match grade blank. The crown is impressive. MGM did a great job ! It was worth the price ($480) and the wait (5 weeks).

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Kenny....I happened across this the other day....and couldn't leave without it!
    Kel-tec RFB 18" barrel Bullpup in .308 / 7.62x51
    There may be obvious drool marks in the pics :madgrin:
    Have not had a chance to shoot it yet....just got the rings mounted and lapped + scope leveled and torqued - today.
    I'm waiting on my angled back up iron sights ...which will hang off the right side - allowing for quick transition for near-by targets.
    Hope it shoots as good as it looks!
    Gotta save up some more $ for some better glass.

Attachments

• IMG_5542.JPG
      IMG_5542.JPG
      178.7 KB · Views: 941
    • IMG_5543.JPG
      IMG_5543.JPG
      145.1 KB · Views: 910
    Last edited:

brasshog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That thing looks awesome !

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn I want one of those RFB's!!! Nice setup Sir!

I've been lusting for one for years.....this was the first one I had ever held....and I wasn't letting go of it!:nono:
    You will have to check it out sometime...if you have not seen one broken down - very interesting indeed!
    I wasn't expecting it to be so easy to break down......and really wasn't expecting the nice trigger!
    Cant wait to shoot it.
    Only downside - it makes at least half my collection obsolete!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been lusting for one for years.....this was the first one I had ever held....and I wasn't letting go of it!:nono:
    You will have to check it out sometime...if you have not seen one broken down - very interesting indeed!
    I wasn't expecting it to be so easy to break down......and really wasn't expecting the nice trigger!
    Cant wait to shoot it.
    Only downside - it makes at least half my collection obsolete!

I hear that, I have handled one at Jay's booth at the gun show, but the price was insane so I couldn't take it home with me. I'd love to check it out... interesting design, especially with the forward ejection. It is up there on my list of wants for sure.

I was surprised by the simplicity of the way the KSG breaks down too, after tearing into a dunked in saltwater Sub-2000, and feeling a bit challenged during the reassembly, I feared the worst in terms of breakdown, but two pins and a few other parts off and the gun is nearly completely apart.

Within the next couple of months I am going to need to start actively looking for one of those :D.

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    photo(5).JPG

These are my black rifles.

AR is a BCM 14.5 upper with a pinned PWS flash-hider and a centurion c4 cutout rail, eotech 512, magpul ACS-L, magpul bad lever, magpul ASAP sling attachment, BCM ambi charging handle, PSA lower parts kit.

AK is a Yugo with a ultimak rail mounted with a bushnell tr-25 on top, houge grip, and tapco ak74 style flash suppresor/muzzle brake

Attachments

• photo(5).JPG
      photo(5).JPG
      11.4 KB · Views: 619

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ar15/22

This is a AR15/22 I have decided to keep, I guess, it is a DPMS Panther Lower - CMMG WASP .22lr 1/16 upper, deessed up in OD Magpul. It is a fun gun to shoot, and to me it looks great.

Attachments

• Picture 1244.jpg
      Picture 1244.jpg
      61 KB · Views: 512
    • Picture 1245.jpg
      Picture 1245.jpg
      54.9 KB · Views: 519
    • Picture 1246.jpg
      Picture 1246.jpg
      63 KB · Views: 534
    • Picture 1247.jpg
      Picture 1247.jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 516

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rem 700 / .308

Remington 700 short action .308, stock was hand carved in Germany

Attachments

• Picture 829.jpg
      Picture 829.jpg
      95.3 KB · Views: 548

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is a AR15/22 I have decided to keep, I guess, it is a DPMS Panther Lower - CMMG WASP .22lr 1/16 upper, deessed up in OD Magpul. It is a fun gun to shoot, and to me it looks great.

Good call on keeping it, looking good... my .22 AR's are definitely my most used weapons!

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I found myself grabbing the S&W M&P 15/.22 more often, it has a cooler scope with chevron retical, and thought I only needed one! I don't know what I was Thinking? Right!

Top Bottom