• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sixgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    *updated

Elberta Police Department is seeking Reserve Police officers. This is an unpaid position and there will be no compensation in any form other than on job experience and access to training provided by the department. Applicants will be required to participate in multiple interviews, meet all criteria mentioned below, be approved by the City Council, then fulfill all necessary training and qualifications. Once completed you will be able to work which ever shifts fit your schedule.

Applicants must ...

-Be at least 21yrs of Age
    -Live within 15-20 miles of City limits
    -Alabama Resident of Baldwin Co.
    -Able to purchase Uniform/Gear/Glock 23/22/35 (Estimated $750)
    -Pass Drug Screening, Background Check, and Polygraph test
    -Physical Fitness exam: Mile run, Obstacle course, etc.
    -Work at the least 8hrs month. (EPD is Open 24/7)
    -Attend planned events at least every other month
    i.e. safety chks/warrants/festivals/court hearings/meetings/training/qualifications/funerals/surveillance
    -Posses a current Firearms License/Carry permit
    -Must not be convicted of Misdemeanor Domestic Violence, or any Felony.
    -Team Player, EPDRU is a tight knit group.

What EPDRU is looking for:
    Person who is honest first and foremost. Posses good social skills, dedication, and is looking for a higher form of community service. These are long term positions. Certainly anyone considering this type of work can imagine the risks and benefits. EPDRU officers are at all times under direct supervision or instruction by a AL POST cert officer. For more information call 404-421-6677 -C. Jennings

Attachments

• 21895322_SS.JPG
      21895322_SS.JPG
      56.7 KB · Views: 835
    Last edited:

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think I found my calling? What do y'all think???? Don't hold back shoot me strait guys!!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Don't realy know Stan. How many times would you shoot a hostage before you eventually hit the BG(IF AT ALL !!) ??? Do you have any prior expierance with the Escambia County Sheriff's Dept ?? You should probably sign up with them first to get the proper training.

GO FOR IT !! --- SAWMAN

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't realy know Stan. How many times would you shoot a hostage before you eventually hit the BG(IF AT ALL !!) ??? Do you have any prior expierance with the Escambia County Sheriff's Dept ?? You should probably sign up with them first to get the proper training.

GO FOR IT !! --- SAWMAN

Do I have any prior experience that's funny.... I mean how hard can it b to drive around and b a asshole to people allday? And if I went around shooting bad guys then I wouldn't have any friends left? And beside's I'm really afraid of guns!(and flashing lights for that matter) maybe I'll just keep my day job for now?

Sixgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sorry for the delay in responses fella's. PM's replied.

Sixgun - is Alabama POST (academy) training required -- or is this going to be more of an armed ride-along thing?

No prior training is required, but helps. POST Cert is not required.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Stan.......if you don't go fer it, and get a pic taken with you sittin' in that cop car,in uniform,with that hat(?)and everything,flashing your badge,and pointing your gun at the camera.......you ain't got a hair on your tiny little set of nads. ---> NUFF SAID !! ---SAWMAN

Sixgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Initial post updated. Hope this helps answer some questions about eligibility.

adrenaline

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WHY would anyone want to "volunteer" for this type of job is beyond me! I would think there would be serious ramifications in hiring a non payed "mercenary" to "protect and serve". HaHa!!!!! I would LOVE to see the types of people who apply for this position. This post tells ME to stay the hell away from Elberta. Have your video cameras and life insurance policies ready if you do have to travel through:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

bkitzel250

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On the job experience. Along with most other fields, it can be difficult getting into said field with no experience.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WHY would anyone want to "volunteer" for this type of job is beyond me! I would think there would be serious ramifications in hiring a non payed "mercenary" to "protect and serve". HaHa!!!!! I would LOVE to see the types of people who apply for this position. This post tells ME to stay the hell away from Elberta. Have your video cameras and life insurance policies ready if you do have to travel through:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

When I got out of the academy (In Florida), I had a good job, good pay and benefits so I wasn't in a hurry to get employed. Well after a certain time, your training certificate will lapse and I didn't spend 8.5 months fer nothing. So I got on a reserve unit. I had to buy my own gear (vest/gun/belt & acc.) so I spent well over 1K fer all my junk to stay certified. Not sure how AL does it, Florida requires you to be certified or at least enrolled in school but most places won't touch you unless you are already done w/ the academy. They must be hurting in Elberta.

On another note...sure is nice to know the folks that are LEO haters.....Nice:painkiller:

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some of us are not crazy, and are reserve cops. I will be happy to discuss with you off-line, if you honestly want education. If you just want to do an anti-cop rant, I am not interested.

Trophy05

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I got out of the academy (In Florida), I had a good job, good pay and benefits so I wasn't in a hurry to get employed. Well after a certain time, your training certificate will lapse and I didn't spend 8.5 months fer nothing. So I got on a reserve unit. I had to buy my own gear (vest/gun/belt & acc.) so I spent well over 1K fer all my junk to stay certified. Not sure how AL does it, Florida requires you to be certified or at least enrolled in school but most places won't touch you unless you are already done w/ the academy. They must be hurting in Elberta.

On another note...sure is nice to know the folks that are LEO haters.....Nice:painkiller:

This is exactly what happened to me. Only I let my certification lapse.. I got out of the academy here in Florida, applied a few places, got turned down due to no experience and just kept on working. Before I knew it my 4 year certificate was up and gone although the want and desire to be in law enforcement is still there. I would love to do this but unfortunately I live in Cantonment and can't move to Elberta.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    since elberta social club shut down..... there is folks that are ready for any work, even for free !!!
    I have property in that area, and I have seen lotsa activity lately from traffic stops. ??
    not any first responders from any incident. i'm glad I hold my own response. I have a sign at the entrance of my
    property. it says....... "feel lucky punk" !!!:eyebrows::heh:

Opsec

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live in Foley and I am extremely interested I just want to what is involved with the agility test?

Top Bottom