• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    nice....what is the glass?
    Rem 700 308 sps.had "tbone" at timney, work over the timney trigger. Bell and Carlson stock from stockies. Dnz one piece mount ( trued up )nightforce nsx 5.5 x 22. Laupa brass, federal primers 168 berger vld target over 40 grains of varget at 3.045 or .003 off the lands. The rifle is a single shot at this point. If you do your part, it will consistently " take a dime off a fence post" @ 100. Note changing the torque spec on the stock from 55inp to 45 in took groups from 3/4 to one hole groups

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you guys ever used the apps like Applied Ballistics?
    I did a long range course with my Brother in Law this summer and we used that program on a tablet and it was freaking awesome.
    I have never shot any long range before, we zeroed our rifles at 100 and then went straight to +700m with ease. It was a blast.
    Hopefully will get out this winter in Idaho and do it again.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shooting long range is when you take the shot, log it in your data book, then hear the hit or you send a round at the second target before the first shot hits its target. Lol

Other then pushing the usual calibers to 1K meters, pushing any caliber to its "repeatable" distance/accuracy limits is a rewarding endeavor.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally going on vacation! Going to stretch her legs out on the farm. Looking good @100 probably have to change the load for 500 yds plus.
    bc684c7e74110925972c7b764ad218e5.jpg
    aca61dad3a8c37694a8c00e4d2dab064.jpg

Up date. On my way back from thanksgiving at the farm. Set up a 8x8 steel at 480yrds. 3 /5 shot groups with the before mentioned load. The first group was 4 inch low from the berger drop chart. Group just under 3 inches. Re adjust scope, center steel. Groups were 2.5/8. And just shy of 3. I don't believe this load will make 1000 sonic. Any suggestions how to proceed?

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would start by determining muzzle velocity. 40 grains of varget is a light load. Hodgdon recommends starting at 42 grains. At 2400 fps and a DA of 1800 that bullet will stay sonic to 950 yds. But that is way too slow. I would start over with load development. Load in half grain increments up to 45 grains of powder. You will find a faster accuracy node.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would start by determining muzzle velocity. 40 grains of varget is a light load. Hodgdon recommends starting at 42 grains. At 2400 fps and a DA of 1800 that bullet will stay sonic to 950 yds. But that is way too slow. I would start over with load development. Load in half grain increments up to 45 grains of powder. You will find a faster accuracy node.

that is kinda what I was figuring. go back up the load ladder. my club only goes to 150 yrds, probably need to test at least 300 yrds. thanks for the input. I will keep this updated.

Top Bottom