• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've read a few in the past while that are simply great.

For zombie fans,
    The remaining series (yes I know its like $10 a book but it was worth every penny)
    No easy hope was also a very good one

For end if the world fans,
    Lights out
    Collision course

Hope this helped. I hate buying books for my kindle so I try to research as best I can before I buy. But these I can say without a doubt are probably the best I've come across so far.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You beat me to it Donk! I've been meaning to post some book ideas since the past weekend but got too caught up in bikinis and dirty jokes.

I finished reading "World War Z" last night and thought it was top rate. It's written in a survivor interview format and really brought up some interesting EOTWAWKI situations I haven't seen before.

I finally got dragged into the 21st century and bought a Nook HD in January. Since we paid off all CCs and swore off paying interest anymore I've been operating with Gift cards so dedicated one to B&N. A real test of willpower to not buy a new book every day. I'll check out your suggestions..............crap, who am I kidding? I'll do a search and buy one of them this morning.:Cry:

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you like zombie stuff "the remaining" by d.j. molles is probably hands down the best book I've read so far. I'm in the same boat as you with the e readers. At first I thought there's no use for this thing. But after inheriting one from my wife I can't think of a better way to read.

DMurphy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have a Kindle or a Nook I would suggest getting a pdf to mobi converter on your pc. Pdf's will load on my kindle but they are a pain to read, So with Calibre I convert them to mobi and you can do everything with it you can do to an e-book. Then download Ross's Unintended Consequences. One of the greatest books I have every read and it is free.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have a Kindle or a Nook I would suggest getting a pdf to mobi converter on your pc. Pdf's will load on my kindle but they are a pain to read, So with Calibre I convert them to mobi and you can do everything with it you can do to an e-book. Then download Ross's Unintended Consequences. One of the greatest books I have every read and it is free.

Thanks Dmurphy for the suggestion! Gonna work on this tomorrow night!

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea dl'd the calibre app and unintended consequences tonight thanks... on another note I finished collision course awesome book for sure for the prepper minded person.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "The Fair Tax" by Neal Boortz and Congressman John Linder is a detailed description of how the income tax came to be and the advantages of repealing the 16th Amendment and instating the HR22 and S1022 bills introduced every year but never considered.

Be prepared to have your blood boil when you read how the income tax was sold to the public and how congress exempted themselves from it.

Rick

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You beat me to it Donk! I've been meaning to post some book ideas since the past weekend but got too caught up in bikinis and dirty jokes.

I finished reading "World War Z" last night and thought it was top rate. It's written in a survivor interview format and really brought up some interesting EOTWAWKI situations I haven't seen before.

I finally got dragged into the 21st century and bought a Nook HD in January. Since we paid off all CCs and swore off paying interest anymore I've been operating with Gift cards so dedicated one to B&N. A real test of willpower to not buy a new book every day. I'll check out your suggestions..............crap, who am I kidding? I'll do a search and buy one of them this morning.:Cry:

I listened to the audio book version of world war Z, had some awesome celebrity readers playing parts, I thoroughly enjoyed it even though it was pretty short.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I may start doing some audio books for when I travel for work.

Still trying to figure out how to get the damned book. I'd buy it on B&N but it shows "Not yet available"????

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I may start doing some audio books for when I travel for work.

Still trying to figure out how to get the damned book. I'd buy it on B&N but it shows "Not yet available"????

I use Audible.com, I get 1 credit per month and drive about 1.5 hours per day so it pretty much works out as long as I get a long enough book. I've been through a ton of books here recently.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just want to say publicly "thank you!" to Dmurphy for helping get this Luddite up and running with various files and issues I was having IRT PDFs and such. .

The book suggested (Unintended Consequences) should be mandatory reading for American citizens. I am enjoying it immensely and think it should be the next on the list if we're going to continue the book club.

DMurphy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Sean, That will work with me I have been meaning to re-read it. GlockGuy I downloaded it and will read it.

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read probally a book a week and that by far is one of the best, that is if your into non-fiction combat type stuff.

BeanBry

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Thinking Like a Terriost" by Mike German, former undercover FBI, excellent read, deep subject matter, definitely not for the simple minded.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    "Targets of Opportunity" by Joe Weber. An enjoyable book for all you armchair jet fighter jocks.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Some of the books suggested are only available on ebooks, of which I’m currently in the market for; so, any suggestions on which reader to buy? Based on some online reviews, I’m leaning towards a Kindle Paperwhite but don’t know squat about them. Help will be appreciated.

Top Bottom