• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    rholster1 sent me a PM on 3/1 re. my 9mm for sale. He stated "Hey saw,if you still have this ammo by Sunday(yesterday)evening "I'll Take It".

Today at 1314 he PM's me and states ..."I just had something come up I apologize but I can't pay what you are asking."

Then today he posts a "want to buy" add for 9mm HP(which I told him I had initially) "Looking for some HP ammo".

I see that he has has some prior negative feedback from other respected members of this forum. Sooooooo.....MOD's please take a look at this trend and consider taking some action towards this kind of behavior. Thanks for your consideration. --- SAWMAN

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man, what with all the people getting their butt hurt when a deal does not materalize???? Oops a deal didn't go through that was in my favor. Let me post it up on the forum so everyone else can see how much my butt hurt.

Sorry, I am seeing more and more of this on the internet. I have learned that if people exchange phone numbers and work the deal out over the phone, they are less likely to go back on their word. The internet makes it real easy to back out of something. But if that happens, there's no need to come on the internet and tell the world unless the person did something a little more drastic like not show up to a planned meeting time and place etc... You still have your product and they still have their money.

Things come up. People change their mind. The internet has made that rampant when it comes to selling stuff online. Just a fact of dealing online.

I no longer hold anything for anyone unless I know you personally. And I tell people that when they say they can't meet me till a future date and time. Just a sign of the times. Sucks, but I got tired of playing the game of "yeah, I'll take it" or "can you hold it till I get paid" and the list goes on and on.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man, what with all the people getting their butt hurt when a deal does not materalize???? Oops a deal didn't go through that was in my favor. Let me post it up on the forum so everyone else can see how much my butt hurt....

Well, you can trivialize it all you want, but the truth is, what the "trend is", imo, is a lack in character. Why would a person go to the trouble of responding to an ad and then jerk the guy around with it? Look, I'm 54 yrs old and been selling stuff for a LONG time and sell stuff all the time and go to sales and the circles I frequent, there's zero tolerance for any kind of wishy washy crap. Either you have the money or you don't, either you want the item or you don't, either you know how to make a deal or you don't. This isn't school, your word is your word, either it's good or it ain't. You are only as good as your word, if you tell me you'll take it or agree to a deal, you damn well better follow thru( or man up and SAY you back out) or else get run up in this review section.

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Well, you can trivialize it all you want, but the truth is, what the "trend is", imo, is a lack in character. Why would a person go to the trouble of responding to an ad and then jerk the guy around with it? Look, I'm 54 yrs old and been selling stuff for a LONG time and sell stuff all the time and go to sales and the circles I frequent, there's zero tolerance for any kind of wishy washy crap. Either you have the money or you don't, either you want the item or you don't, either you know how to make a deal or you don't. This isn't school, your word is your word, either it's good or it ain't. You are only as good as your word, if you tell me you'll take it or agrere to a deal, you damn well better follow thru( or man up and SAY you back out) or else get run up in this review section.

Well said. Very well said.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    TP,thank you for letting us know what we can expect when(if) we do buisness with you on this forum. I will surely remember your attitude when doing buisness here. Thank you for that. --- SAWMAN

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TP,thank you for letting us know what we can expect when(if) we do buisness with you on this forum. I will surely remember your attitude when doing buisness here. Thank you for that. --- SAWMAN

Exactly, My setiments

Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, you can trivialize it all you want, but the truth is, what the "trend is", imo, is a lack in character.

i think this is all that needs to be said and says a lot about today's society as a whole. what ever happened to being a man of your word?

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Oh for crying out loud. Sometimes I think there are a bunch of drama queen women on here and other forums. If I say I will take it, I do. If I say I will sell something to you for a certain price I do. My word means something to me. I am just saying that yes society has went down hill fast and people's word for the most part is worthless on the internet. I can't control other people. But I do adapt to how people act etc... Usually when someone says to me that they want something, I shoot them my phone number in a PM. If they call me, great. We usually meet up and the transaction is done. If they don't call me, I just assume they didn't want it and I move on. I am not worried about what people think of me on an internet forum. I know quite a few people on here personally from other venues etc...

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah....if I tell you I will buy it, count on it! If I tell you I'll sell it to you, it's yours! Ive tried to buy crap from folks on forums and been jerked around then told ohhhh I sold it already. Too many folks don't have character anymore. Ifin I'm interested but don't really want to lock up a deal, I tell the seller to sell it if I can't work out something due to the travel. I can see why Saw would get pissed especially if there have been prior complaints. When you are on a forum buying/selling crap, expect to get pissy from time to time...Don't sweat the small stuff!!!

rholster1

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sawman you are an idiot. Good job leaving out the fact that I was only asking for 50, not the 420 rounds you have been trying to sell for how long? Just needed to throw in your two cents huh? I couldnt pay the $265.00 you were asking because something came up regarding my kid. Maybe I could afford $25.00-$30.00. Big difference jackass. Get the facts straight. A lot happened between the time I told you I wanted the ammo and the time I got home. Ever had an emergency that dictated that you had to change your plans or what you were going to buy? As far as I am concerned, you are no better than the liberal media stating that Adam Lanza used an AR-15 even though the damn thing was found in the trunk.

"Thanks Bob but I just had something come up..I apologize but I can't pay what you are asking. Thanks my ex wife" end quote. At least I DID send you a message letting you know that I couldnt buy it as a courtesy so in case some other gunslinger came along you could sell it. As far as i am concerned, even if you dropped the price to almost nothing I can assure you that I will not buy a damn thing from you. I will surely remember YOUR attitude when doing buisness here. Thank YOU for that. Let me guess..you still have the ammo?

FYI for everyone I did send Fupa a message today, with no response, asking him if he still had the ACS because I was going to do do the right thing and buy it back even. Go on, get that twisted too "oh Bubba, he cant afford mah ammo but he can afford to pay Fupa and buy $30.00 worth of ammo. I declare that thar guy needs to be looked at. He aint right. He must be the devil or something I'll tell ya wut."

You see, you cannot win for losing. This site needs to be called gulfcoastbutthurt.com. Sawman, go get you something to sooth your sore butt.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    rholster1, please re-read the first para of my OP. This is a DIRECT QUOTE from your PM dated 3/1. I do believe that "I'll take it" means that you will take what is offered. You stated NOTHING about only wanting 50rds. I have saved the PM. If anyone wants to see it I will gladly post it to show that ...NOW....you are lying to this whole forum. NOW...your status is upgraded,at least for me. You are one of the people that do not have a clue as to "forum etiquette". You frig up then try to cover it with your mouth. Wont work. I firmly believe that the people here are smarter than that. (Well....except for TP anyway.)

People that read the time line of what transpired can draw their own conclusion of your character. I know that I have drawn mine. Have a super day. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

rholster1

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You are correct. I never YOU that all I needed was 50. If you go back to MY thread WTB 9mm, that is where I stated it. In other words, I could no longer afford what you were selling. So I placed my own ad requesting to buy a lesser amount. What part of any of that don't YOU understand??Apparently you think you are firmly as smart as you think which makes you twice as ignorrant as everyone else. You wanted to throw your two in the pot. Lets see? How long has that ammo been for sale? I wonder why??

Perhaps Sawman you will have a real family crisis come up and you cannot afford to get whatever you want but you can only get what you can afford so that little bug zapper (light bulb)above your head comes on.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please keep my name out of this BS. Thank you

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just so the other forum members know...... In the past I have told people that I would sell them something,found out that I had advertised it for a price too low and sold it anyway. In the past I have told people that i would buy something from them then found out I wanted something different. I bought from them anyway. Although sad,I personally accept responsibility for my own actions and feel that other member should not have to suffer for my "brain fart".

Apparently the "hey dude" rholster1 feels that the fact that he stated "I'll take it" is not his fault and really is all my fault. It is this attitude that him, and the people that sympathize with this behavior, is what we all have to consider when we buy or sell nowadays. Even on this otherwise excellent forum. I have done business with quite a few here and this is my first time dealing with this "hey dude.like man,it's not my fault",behavior/attitude.

I will continue to do business on this forum in the manner that I would expect others to do business with me. I state I will sell or I state that I will buy consider it a done deal. Others..........well you see here...simply....It's not there fault.

I have stated my feelings to the other forum members. I stand by my OP. --- SAWMAN

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    35724357.jpg

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After merging an account that Rholster1 created in an attempt to "start fresh" I received some fairly inappropriate messages from him and he asked for us to remove his accounts. I happily obliged, and consider this a dead issue.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom