• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, I brought out my 1895G 45-70 and ran some of the Lever-Evolution 325's through it. I have not scoped this rifle yet and I may not.
    I adjusted the rear leaf to give me a dead on shot at 100 yards and well, after 11 shots... I was done for the day. My fillings are loose:yo::yo:

All in all, I can't wait to get the large loop lever and get a 'smith to polish out the lever and internals a bit. The new Marlin Safety is awful and isn't needed in my book.
    If I do scope it, I have a Meopta Artemis short scope that will do well on it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Lemme know if you want to shoot some of my 405gr WFNGC's thru that gun. Only stipulation is .... I get to watch.

Those safeties are an incredibly stoooopid idea. Take off the butt stock. You will see a small set screw on left side. Unscrew it,put the safety on "FIRE",screw in the set screw. The safety will not come off of "FIRE" now. --- SAWMAN

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I'll shoot some 405's through it! I'm sure it's brutal.
    I have about 3 too many magnum rifles and to be honest, I cringe at that Guide Gun more than I do the 300 or the 338 Mag.

Centermass556

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an 1895SBL...The only real different is a bigger loop and extra two rounds in the mag...

I love mine. I haven't found anything it will not shoot. It is not brutal on the shoulder by any means. I think I even have footage of my Daughter shooting it...she is only 13. But, I am not a fan of the ghost ring on it. I plan to go with a tube red dot for the spring bear season...(insha allah).

I agree the cross bar safety is stupid.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an 1895SBL...The only real different is a bigger loop and extra two rounds in the mag...

I love mine. I haven't found anything it will not shoot. It is not brutal on the shoulder by any means. I think I even have footage of my Daughter shooting it...she is only 13. But, I am not a fan of the ghost ring on it. I plan to go with a tube red dot for the spring bear season...(insha allah).

I agree the cross bar safety is stupid.

One other thing is different, the SBL version has the best recoil pad Marlin offers :)
    the G has the standard pad...

Usually suggest that anyone owning an 1895 gets the SBL pad, or a Pachmyer Pad,
    it'll save your shoulder :D
    Having a shotgun padded vest helps as well...

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, I brought out my 1895G 45-70 and ran some of the Lever-Evolution 325's through it. I have not scoped this rifle yet and I may not.
    I adjusted the rear leaf to give me a dead on shot at 100 yards and well, after 11 shots... I was done for the day. My fillings are loose:yo::yo:

All in all, I can't wait to get the large loop lever and get a 'smith to polish out the lever and internals a bit. The new Marlin Safety is awful and isn't needed in my book.
    If I do scope it, I have a Meopta Artemis short scope that will do well on it.

There is a kit that replaces the safety with a Saddle Ring Loop...
    Best $30 you will EVER spend for your Marlin :D
    https://beartoothmercantile-2.myshopify.com/products/saddle-ring-safety-delete

Latest posts

Top Bottom