• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have read on here that a few of you have smooth transactions with him, but let me tell you what happened when I tried dealing with this clown..

I met up with him around 8pm Wednesday night to purchase a Magpul ACS stock for $70. I was informed that this stock was "brand new" and usually they go from anywhere between $90-$105, depending on where you get it from. I was going to order one anyway so I figured shit I might as well get it from him and save myself $30. I met up with him and after a quick visual inspection I had confirmed that it "looked" like an ACS, so I handed him my money and off I went. I was late in picking my wife up from work so I didnt give it a thorough inspection, I just assumed it was what he said it was.. (And that I will never do again..)

After leaving him I went and picked up the wife, got home and tried the new stock on my rifle. Anyone familiar with the CTR/ACS/STR stocks knows that there is a locking mechanism that locks the stock tight against the buffer tube to eliminate the "stock rattle". Well I noticed that when I locked it down there was still a rattle, so I was a bit concerned. I have another rifle that has the same stock on it so I pulled it out of the safe to do a side by side inspection, and the one he sold me was not even made out of the same friggin material!! I decided I was going to call Magpul in the morning and see what they had to say.

I woke up the next afternoon and called Magpul CS immediately. I told them my problem and they had me look for a few things on the stock that would have made it genuine.. After finding NONE of these things that would make it authentic, they then informed me that it was indeed a knock off. I then texted rholster1 to let him know that he had sold me a POS, and he had told me he was unaware of it. Never offered me a chance to make it right or not even a simple " Im sorry". I stewed on it for a couple days and just figured it was my own damn fault for not inspecting it better, but then I started thinking that because of his lack of offering to make it right that he knowingly sold me a piece of junk.

I got out of work last night and noticed he was selling another stock, so I posted on his thread saying I would trade the piece of crap he sold me for the one he was selling. The thread is located here : http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?5889-For-Sale-Magpul-STR-Buttock

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I guess he got all butt hurt because this was a PM I received from him when I woke up this morning and then my response to his PM..

Him : Did you really have to put that comment on the thread?

My response: Just giving you a chance to make it right man.. i know if I sold someone a chinese piece of shit I would at least try to make it up to that person somehow. Hell the first real "Im sorry" came last night on that thread! But buyer beware I guess I shoulda known that price was too good to be true..

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    His response to that, with my response being in bold:

First off I didn't know it was a "Chinese Piece of Shit." You bought it and seemed very happy with it until 24 hours later when you said it was a Chinese piece of shit. You didn't look too much at it when you bought it. The exchange was very fast so you didn't fully inspect it, you didn't fit test it, you grabbed it an ran. I didnt think I would be getting ripped off on a local forum, but like I said, I shoulda known it was too good to be true.So when 24 hours passes and now all of sudden you don't like it, what does that say? I got it home that night and when I put it on my rifle, the locking mechanism wouldnt hold tight against my buffer tube. I called Magpul the next day and explained to them the problem and they had to look for a few things on the stock.. When those things werent there they told me I had a definite fake.. I contacted you right away by text so dont give me that shitYou even mentioned saving $30.00.

Secondly I didn't know I was supposed to apologize. It looked like business transaction that got both of us. I did indicate then that I had no idea and was trying to get in touch with the seller but to no avail. I'm not new to M-16's/M-4's/AR-15's but as far as buying stuff for them I'm new to it. No it looks like you got ripped off on ebay and tried passing it along to someone without them knowing

Thirdly, if you wanted to give me a chance to "make it right" you had my number, you could have texted me or sent private message. Texted you as soon as I found outBut instead you said it out in the open. If you were trying to sell or trade stuff and someone said "that bullet key chain you sold me was a piece of crap" do you expect anyone to buy anything else from you? No because I dont sell garbage. And if I did I think others should know so they didnt get ripped off as well.I damn sure wouldn't. The open forum isn't the place to air this out.

Fourth, I would be an idiot to trade a $105.00 buttstock for a $70.00 stock. IF the ACS was real they are actually very comparible in price, the ACS being about 5 bucks moreWhat do you want, sometime of convenience credit? LOLBecause you bought an item you didn't like so I'm supposed to just do an even trade? No because I bought a fake piece of shit that Im feeling you knowingly sold meI don't think so guy.

Fifth and finally, it WAS my intention to sell the STR and buy back the ACS from you. Yeah right, You could have mentioned that before when I first brought it to your attentionThen I was going to order my next ACS from the same guy I bought the STR from. But you wanted to bust my balls on the thread for God and everyone else to read? Yep I wanted other buyers to beware of what they might be gettingAnd then have some other moron, who had NO dog in the fight, throw in his two cents?? I didnt tell him shit, he chimed in all by himselfYou know.. I have a rule.."got a problem with me? Fine. But got something to say? Say it in private.. if privacy can't permit itself, bite your fucking tongue." You made me out to be an ass over the thread If the shoe fits, so enjoy your buttstock.Go f&^k yourself.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have bought and sold numerous things on this board with all sorts of different people, and I have to say this is the first negative experience I have had. I just figured Id share my experience in case you were thinking of spending your hard earned money on something this clown is selling..

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry Fupa, hate for you to have bad experiences... You know that most of us here look out for each other, shame one bad apple ruins the bunch....

Using Tapatalk 2, I'm too lazy to log in via my phone

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh well, you win some and you lose some. Just wanted to let others know that they should inspect their items carefully before buying

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fupa, you sound upset...I did not know there were knock-off magpuls!

Eh Im over it now, like I said you win some and you lose some.. On a side note he told me the name of the guy he got the stuff from on ebay. Check out his reviews would anyone in their right mind actually buy anything from them?? There is about 20 reviews on the first couple pages alone that says they are selling fake Magpul products..

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah right, he never offered that. That was me asking him to make that trade to make it right.. and his response was..

Fourth, I would be an idiot to trade a $105.00 buttstock for a $70.00 stock.

(even though both of the stocks are very comparable in price, if they were REAL)

ted-hurst

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've dealt with FUPA and he's a stand up dude. Sorry you got screwed but thanks for letting us all know. The right thing to do was give you your money back but at least now we know what kind of person he is and that he has no INTEGRITY.

Ted

Last edited:

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Thanks for the warning FUPA. That really sucks to be taken like that. I have met some really good guys on here and the main reason I come to local forums like this is for the good deals and the good people you run across. I have never done business with you yet, but I do know you are quite the contributing member and I would not hesitate to deal with you. I will however keep what you have said in mind for future dealings.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the warning FUPA. That really sucks to be taken like that. I have met some really good guys on here and the main reason I come to local forums like this is for the good deals and the good people you run across. I have never done business with you yet, but I do know you are quite the contributing member and I would not hesitate to deal with you. I will however keep what you have said in mind for future dealings.
    Like I said it was my own fault for being in a rush and not checking the item over thoroughly.. Aint gonna happen again though

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its not your fault for being trusting,like others I have been fortunate enough to have nothing but possitive dealings on here.Sorryto hear about this.

rholster1

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, I'm guilty. Not Guilty of being not new to tactical rifles. But I am new to buying and selling "accessories." So when I bought my new AR-15, I bought a bunch of stuff for it. Three different slings, Magpul handguards, Magpul buttstock(s) etc. Ammo magazines were the things I didn't buy. Before I fired my first round through it (which I still haven't done) I had a buddy of mine tear out down and Duracoat it in OD green. I probably paid more money for it and the accessories than what I should have.

I bought a Magpul MOE stock. It didn't fit. I found out that it was Milspec and my buffer is Commercial. So then I bought an ACS because it looked "cooler" and it had a compartment to store stuff (sight adjustment tools, ear plugs, hint hint). But then it didn't fit. It was not a Commercial spec as advertised. Other than that it seemed fine. The storage doors worked with no problems, etc. I had no reason to believe that the stock was defective. It just didn't fit the commercial tube.

I texted a friend of mine, the guy that duracoated the receivers. I asked him about swapping buffer tubes to accommodate this new stock. After throwing around some ideas and advise from him, it was determined that it would be easier to sell the buttstock than the buffer tube. Both cost about the same if I bought a milspec kit with the tube, spring and buffer, and still not being certain if the threads would match. Selling the stock over the tube seemed to be the option with the fewest question marks for safety. I did like the ACS though.

So I posted on Gulf Coast Gun Forum and put both stocks (MOE and ACS) and the original stock up for sale. Everything sold, except for a black hawk sling.

The ACS stock was sold to a guy in Navarre. He seemed to like it, liked the price and we met at the 399 Tom Thumb. He takes it, hands me the money for the agreed price, and takes off without even inspecting it. He even bragged about saving $30.00.

The next day he sends me a text saying that it was a cheap knock off. I didn't know, so I tried to contact the seller on eBay. Nothing else was mentioned, but I had already ordered another ACS from a different seller, this time on Amazon. The buyer never made any other complaints but I had planned to make a it right.

However, the newest one arrived as an STR stock, a higher end version of the MOE and not the ACS. The vendor was even going to overnight the one I ordered but I decided otherwise.

I planned to sell the new stock and do the right thing and buy the other back and try to recoup my money. However, when I posted it the guy who bought the ACS became an ass about it over the thread saying that "maybe I should trade it for the piece of crap that I sold him." Then, two people that showed interest changed their mind. Sorry, not going to do an even swap. I drove 20 miles to deliver the ACS initially. Now he expects me to swap a $105.00 STR for what HE said was a piece of crap that he paid only
    $70.00 for?

I messaged the ASC guy asking him as to why he couldn't send me an IM, and after a long drawn out explanation, he accused me of knowingly trying to resell crap, and that I could go (expletive) myself and he would give negative reviews on everything I post. Basically he was acting his ass because I wouldn't trade the $105.00 buttstock for the one I sold for $70.00. Sorry, only a fool would do that.

I did some research (probably should have done it before buying the ACS) and found out that the eBay seller was a crook. The ACS stock was actually part of the PTS line used for airsoft. I didn't know this until now. It is kind of aggravating knowing that airsoft products are sold with tactical rifle products. Its too easy to get them confused looking at the items on eBay vs having them in your hand.

Until I had posted the brand new STR, the guy who bought the ACS didn't ask about getting his money back, although I planned on it.

As far as I'm concerned, I hope he enjoys the buttstock. After reading his tirades and infantile and very controlling type behavior, I refuse to have any further contact. Cooperation begats cooperation and you can attract flies with honey. Furthermore if you want to break someone's b@lls over the blog, and not do the adult thing and take it in private, don't think I'm bending over backwards. Then he said Want to "warn other buyers?" Warn them of what?? This was an isolated incident. I'm not in the businesses of buying and selling. I was merely trying to move some excess stuff to recoup some money. When I put the STR up for sale (still in the box) I planned to let it go with a free Black hawk single point sling (still in the package). I paid 29.00 for it. I had already sold the original buttstock, so I would have gone a few days without a stock. I was willing to do that do whats his name would be happy. But that wasn't his issue. I told him no, and he being the so-called alpha dog with major control issues didn't like it. Buying the stock back wasn't a problem but I was damn sure not going to evenly trade one that I paid more for.

I'm a 41 year old guy who has never cheated anyone. I'm a single dad of a son. However, Don't mistake my age for experience: I've always been a late bloomer. I started my civilian career at 28, my military career at 37 and just getting more in depth with firearms. Hell I never ran until 37. Now I run 5k's.

Fapgunt, I thought that cooler heads would prevail. But you, sir are a hothead. You don't want to listen because this world is all about you. Again, enjoy that buttstock. Cooperation begats cooperation.

Since you want to keep acting like a total douchebag, dragging my name around as if I'm and since your last words were to "go f##k yourself," I really hope you enjoy that buttstock. You let that bull dog mouth of yours seal that deal. BTW you may

You are mouth and nothing but. Yes the guys on this thread now have my side of it. Its easy to have a knee jerk reaction about your side. Honestly guy? You said I was "butthurt?" At least I sent you a private message. You drew this out. You put this out in the open. You are the one who got butthurt because I asked you.

I have seldom order anything on eBay. Fyi I never scammed anyone.. never.

The new buttstock IS an STR.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fyi I never scammed anyone.. never.

By your own comment you actually acknowledge that the part was a PTS Airsoft stock. These can not be installed on real firearms per MAGPUL. You sold it to someone as a stock for there real firearm. You say you would have made it right but the buyer went public. Again acknowledgement of fault. Why didn't you sent the bad stock back to the ebay seller when it did not fit you firearm? I looked at the Ebay seller you got the part from and his last 30 days of reviews are crap. So the item is sold on a firearms forum without saying it is a airsoft toy gun part. THAT IS A SCAM!

Buyer also said he rushed and didn't inspect it but the bottom line it is an PTS AIRSOFT part sold as a gun part. If it was a broken wore out REAL MAGPUL firearm stock and he took it as is the its on him. But that is not the case.

You both need to knock off the bad mouthing and come to an accommodation. I'm way out in PCB but I'm sure someone would be willing to be the middleman on this if needed.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After trying to read that mess of a response :frusty: I now have a headache and cannot even think of a rebuttal.

I appreciate your life story :violin:, but you can keep your $70. The stock is where it belonged in the first place, the county landfill.

Alpha Dog, OUT!! :car:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I think you guys should shake hands and let this go, either by correcting the error or dropping it. Yes it was a bad deal and yes the refund should be given.... In fact all of us should be able to give each other an assurance and money back guarantee that what we sell is what was advertised. Good luck to both of you...let cooler heads prevail.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aww, c'mon Frank. You are throwing common sense and good moral character into the pot. :smile:

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom