• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They're saying it's inevitable that it's going to hit the US hard, so I'm wondering how if inbound people are scanned and checked?
    They say the incubation period in a human is 2 weeks before you start showing any symptoms.
    But how long will the virus live on certain surfaces, like the flu virus or any other virus for that matter?
    Take for instance eBay. If you buy something from china, and say the seller is contaminated and sneezed on the item being sent to you?
    Just say you got the item within 2 weeks (I've gotten many within 2wks). You open the package, get your item, your eye itches and of course you rub it.
    Now you have the CoronaVirus, unknowingly spreading it all over.
    And if it's possible it could happen this way, I'm feeling sorry for Rebel Rider, he's always getting eBay stuff. :eyebrows:
    I started thinking about this after I ordered a few rolls of camo rifle tape. I guess when I get it, I'm gonna put it in another bag and leave it
    in it for a month or so before opening the package. Just in Case. :nod:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They're saying it's inevitable that it's going to hit the US hard, so I'm wondering how if inbound people are scanned and checked?
    They say the incubation period in a human is 2 weeks before you start showing any symptoms.
    But how long will the virus live on certain surfaces, like the flu virus or any other virus for that matter?
    Take for instance eBay. If you buy something from china, and say the seller is contaminated and sneezed on the item being sent to you?
    Just say you got the item within 2 weeks (I've gotten many within 2wks). You open the package, get your item, your eye itches and of course you rub it.
    And if it's possible it could happen this way, I'm feeling sorry for Rebel Rider, he's always getting eBay stuff. :eyebrows:
    I started thinking about this after I ordered a few rolls of camo rifle tape. I guess when I get it, I'm gonna put it in another bag and leave it
    I just got a shipment that likely came from china and I was thinking about that very topic. It seems to be most deadly to older folk that does include many us here. Since it is already in europe and Iran, for sure it will go world wide spread throughout the USA. I likely need to start wiping such things down with bleach solution and then isopropyl alcohol

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I just got a shipment that likely came from china and I was thinking about that very topic. It seems to be most deadly to older folk that does include many us here. Since it is already in europe and Iran, for sure it will go world wide spread throughout the USA. I likely need to start wiping such things down with bleach solution and then isopropyl alcohol

No, lick everything in the box. Then goto the mall and bite everyone, I'm sick of paying my morgage.;-)

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

They think maybe 9 days and I assume that is out in the open.
    But how long can the new coronavirus linger on surfaces, anyway? The short answer is, we don't know. But if this new coronavirus resembles other human coronaviruses, such as its "cousins" that cause SARS and MERS, it can stay on surfaces — such as metal, glass or plastic — for as long as nine days, according to a new study. (In comparison, flu viruses can last on surfaces for only about 48 hours.) https://www.livescience.com/how-long-coronavirus-last-surfaces.html

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IDK, but the news said this morning some guy in Cali was said to have contracted it, even tho he has not been overseas, or around anyone with it. Now they're trying to figure out how he got it. I say they might need to check his garbage for packages from china. A good 'ole louggy will last quite awhile I'm sure.
    Still, the common Flu kills more people annually.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I seldom go anywhere and am always using wipes and gels so hopefully I will be ok...I alo have a bottle of clorox/water and peroxide I spray on everything...especially mail, all mail.. I have my masks, gloves and hazmat paper suit all ready

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm still curious about the Bio Research (Weapons) Lab/Facility located in the same City as Ground Zero! Reports stated that the facility had the same type "bug". If so, a worker could have violated a procedure, accidental exposure release or some spy crap trying to acquire a sample specimen. China continues its propaganda, denials, understating the impact (deaths/infected statistics) and sharing critical information. Their actions are typical commie dog and pony shows displays, restricted to what they want the World to see. People in China are consumble items and they control (re)production rates on them too. If the virus kills too many they will just change one couple one baby Law and raie the quota!

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm still curious about the Bio Research (Weapons) Lab/Facility located in the same City as Ground Zero! Reports stated that the facility had the same type "bug". If so, a worker could have violated a procedure, accidental exposure release or some spy crap trying to acquire a sample specimen.

That scenario reminds me of the beginning of that movie "The Stand", albeit without the instantaneous death.

Last edited:

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    "CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season. This burden was similar to estimated burden during the 2012–2013 influenza season1.Jan 8, 2020"

Those with compromised immune systems, chronic lung disease, previous pneumonias, and infants seemed to be the most likely to have a more difficult time with the "FLU."
    Im not saying its not serious, just saying we really don't know at this time if it's the plague warranted by the hysteria.
    Some of the political hype appears to be clouding the real story, which we don't have yet.

Top Bottom