• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    As much as I despise the coward who betrayed those troops at NAS Pensacola, this policy is a misdirected bandaid for a sucking chest-wound. You either trust those exchange officers and their families, or you don't. If they aren't allowed any access to their firearms until they are back in their own country, then my question is "why?", and the follow-up question is "so why are they still here?".

Notice that this policy doesn't stop them from actually buying a firearm legally in the exact same manner as the coward Saudi. This policy has ZERO legal impact to an FFL to prevent the sale. So an evil-intentioned criminal coward will STILL have the exact same access to firearms. So, yet again, this is a "gun-control" policy that ONLY affects law-abiding people. And even if it DID prevent a sale at an FFL, this still doesn't matter. When an evil coward is committing an attack on an unarmed/unprotected group, is the pressing concern really "hey wait a second, where did you get that weapon?" NO. The primary concern is Stopping the Threat.

A much more effective deterrent to coward attacks is an ARMED populace. In this case, we have a previously targeted group (unarmed US troops on a US military installation), and this policy is a very INdirect manner of protection.

For God's sake: these are US Military personnel who are qualified on small arms. There are MANY options for increasing in-house security. This policy is weak and has no physical teeth against a real adversary.

This is a bureaucrat answer to a martial problem.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    As much as I despise the coward who betrayed those troops at NAS Pensacola, this policy is a misdirected bandaid for a sucking chest-wound. You either trust those exchange officers and their families, or you don't. If they aren't allowed any access to their firearms until they are back in their own country, then my question is "why?", and the follow-up question is "so why are they still here?".

Notice that this policy doesn't stop them from actually buying a firearm legally in the exact same manner as the coward Saudi. This policy has ZERO legal impact to an FFL to prevent the sale. So an evil-intentioned criminal coward will STILL have the exact same access to firearms. So, yet again, this is a "gun-control" policy that ONLY affects law-abiding people. And even if it DID prevent a sale at an FFL, this still doesn't matter. When an evil coward is committing an attack on an unarmed/unprotected group, is the pressing concern really "hey wait a second, where did you get that weapon?" NO. The primary concern is Stopping the Threat.

A much more effective deterrent to coward attacks is an ARMED populace. In this case, we have a previously targeted group (unarmed US troops on a US military installation), and this policy is a very INdirect manner of protection.

For God's sake: these are US Military personnel who are qualified on small arms. There are MANY options for increasing in-house security. This policy is weak and has no physical teeth against a real adversary.

This is a bureaucrat answer to a martial problem.

I agree. If we can’t trust them with an AR15 (apparently some we cannot), why are we sending them F16s and training them to use them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's simple, if we can't trust a person with a pistol or carbine; why should we trust them with a jet airplane, helicopter, cargo plane etc. That doesn't excuse what that POS did, but it seems hypocritical to say you can't lump all gun owners into the same bucket every time some pill popping moron shoots up a school and then start making exceptions because you don't like where someone was born.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yeah if I read the message traffic correctly at work they have to sign a form saying they won't buy any and/or possess any, there's a big deterrent. Agree with those who question our domestic arms laws while at the same time we sell more military weaponry than anyone else on the planet lol

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ehhh....I'm more leaning towards NOT training Saudis or other foreigners how to utilize our current military equipment at all. Mainly the Saudis though cause I don't trust that piece of shit country any further than I can throw it. I would like to include Kuwait, Israel, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, etc..... you catch my drift. There's no reason those men at NAS had to die. They only died because the military industrial complex is making money by selling weapons and planes to other countries and then inviting these shit bags onto our bases to be trained by our personnel. I'm sorry but I have a HUGE problem with aiding a country that at any point and time could turn on us and use the weapons of war we sold them to kill our men and women. I have an even bigger problem when these shit stains kill Americans on and American base on American soil when our American troops can't carry guns to defend themselves in ANY situation that arises. This is a growing problem. This isn't the first attack on a military base. Let our soldiers arm themselves so they can defend themselves. Gun free zones only make victims. Gun free zones only protect the assailant.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The new Policy is just a paper tiger and won't deter a terrorists or foreign military person with a personal grudge. Policy isnt even DOD wide so it's no suprise there is no coordination with DOJ/BATFE nor Congress to change the Law.

I'm in the "You either trust them or you don't." Group. This knee jerk half assed crap doesn't do a damn thing other than cover CMC and SECNAV asses that they "did something". Gotta say military gun control sure follows the civ/political pattern.

Latest posts

Top Bottom