• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Based upon my current experience, beware.

If you would like details and what to look out for, PM me.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I had a bunch of problems with them about 12 years ago.
    I finally told them to stay off my property. Then they kept calling me. ( I owed them zero money)
    I would never reccomend them. --- SAWMAN

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I had them. Terrible. Cancelled. They will not stop calling. I'm trying to be civil so they don't come by and poison my lawn. I just tell them I'm saving every penny to buy some land.
    It started as 10% off. Them 15, 25, to half off. Month free, two months free.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I used to have them and canceled the service because they really weren’t doing anything for my lawn and after that They would not leave me alone via calling and mail

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    they can't do a thing you can't do yourself much cheaper, and from what I'm hearing, a lot better

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've seen 'em kill more than one yard over the years. First thing they do is show up and spray the all-purpose weed-killer. Well, 90% of what can survive in this sand is a weed, so..... Then they start in about rebuilding your yard, as in scraping it all off and re-sodding; ka-ching.......

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I've never used them but my next-door neighbor did (does ?). He hired them after his yard was already deteriorated, and they re-sodded it & subsequently maintained it. Throughout the process of killing off his yard and re-sodding, they solicited my business by constantly coming to my door or talking to me whenever they saw me outside. At first I politely declined but they just didn't give up. It was often different workers approaching me each time, and apparently they didn't pass on the word. Eventually I became quite rude in telling them I was not interested and they still continued until I told them to Stay the f***k off my property. Ironically, the neighbor's yard turned out beautifully but I'd never use them because of that experience.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    :sleep:I used them about 15 years ago for a well established Bermuda lawn and it was not good. Lot’s of dollar weeds. I fired them and sprayed dollar weed killer myself in late February and spread Scott’s bonus s in mid March and had a beautiful lawn year after year till I moved.

Yes they are aggressive marketers and came to me at the new place in town. I was skeptical but they had a good salesmen who made me a great deal. Had a lot of weeds and mix of Bermuda, monkey grass, and small spots of nice zoysia. I was planning on just installing a new lawn with sod at some point. The tech told me he could treat it for the zoysia to gradually take over. Could do plugs to go faster.

I gave it six months and saw some progress. In 4 years time the zoysia did indeed spread choking out the other grasses and weeds. It’s a beautiful plush bed of zoysia now. It took time as I did not opt for plugging. I was truly amazed the zoysia took over a hillside of monkey grass that was a huge pain in the ass to trim and weed.

I’m a huge believer in zoysia now that’s for sure. Once it gets going it won’t be denied and is like walking on carpet.

So I’ve had 2 polar opposite experiences with them. I’ve had the same tech the entire time 2nd go around and he seems to know his stuff and take pride in his job. So I think it may just be down to the quality of the technician.

He treats another lawn of zoysia that is the nicest looking in the neighborhood. That lawn only gets chemical treatment. No thatching, aeration etc. My other neighbor has what appears to be a golf green level of maintenance work performed on her zoysia for what must cost her a mint. It looks worse than mine and the other treated by this Trugreen tech for $200 buck a year.

Go figure.

Top Bottom