• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Don’t forget your “FREE” l.e.d light....

4DA74F26-25CC-4EEE-AB75-36AA0E044A1C.jpeg

Attachments

• 4DA74F26-25CC-4EEE-AB75-36AA0E044A1C.jpeg
      4DA74F26-25CC-4EEE-AB75-36AA0E044A1C.jpeg
      156.1 KB · Views: 321
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    And cleaning, etc. Looking at this.

https://www.harborfreight.com/60-in-4-Drawer-Hardwood-Workbench-63395.html

I also have a 20% off coupon. Looks like the clamp/vise on the end would be good for barrel swaps/installs.

I would not rely on that clamp to do what you are expecting. You really need a table top vise that you can bolt down. Believe me, it is worth getting. This is like the one I have.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/IRWIN-4-in-Cast-Iron-Mechanics-Vise/1000238623

This is the bench I have. I bought it several years ago.

https://www.searsoutlet.com/br/pdp/craftsman-2-drawer-workbench/12949

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That may be okay for "standing" while working. Can't really belly up close with a chair and keep a straight back. Light duty (250 lbs, plastic lawn chairs hold that much, Lol) by the looks of it and you can buy a lot of lumber for $150(+-). If it fills your intended and foreseeable usage, go for it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Bought it. $119.99. Thought it might do well for the BCA sidechargers, they DO NOT fit in the clamshell upper clamp, so it takes real effort to not bang them up. Figured a padded wood clamp is better than a steel vice. We shall see. Only tourqing to 30-45 lbs anyway. Table is sturdy, yanked and pulled on the display model.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Got it assembled. Used the clamp on the end to change a side charger barrel. It worked, but will get a 4 inch vise to mount on the table. Need to fill in the holes on the tabletop, using a towel on it for now. With the roller adjustable stool it's pretty good for working on stuff. Better than using the kitchen table and getting "the look" from the missus.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don’t forget your “FREE” l.e.d light....

View attachment 80595

Use the heck outta those ;)

I've got a 1985 Shadow 700 in a storage room with no light, those magnetic lights stick up right where I need 'em and can be angled on the corrugated metal to just the right angles...makes it easier to take the dang thing apart. I'm stripping it of useable parts for my 1984 Shadow 500 since a lot swap over. The titled engine & frame will be sold after I get all the chrome swapped, the stuff on the running bike is all rusty from sitting out for looks like two decades, so getting shiny chrome parts back on it will be nice :)

Kind of sad to swap the old rusty stuff back to the 700, but since the engine needs a serious rebuild, and it's missing some vital parts already, (Carbs, tank, & front brakes) it'll be best to do it this way.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got it assembled. Used the clamp on the end to change a side charger barrel. It worked, but will get a 4 inch vise to mount on the table. Need to fill in the holes on the tabletop, using a towel on it for now. With the roller adjustable stool it's pretty good for working on stuff. Better than using the kitchen table and getting "the look" from the missus.

Used Grey Felt 1/4" thick on mine. Prevents stuff from bouncing off as easily as some other stuff.
    Also pretty comfy ;)

Used a 6" HF vise as well, no point in going half-measures. Better to have too much vise than not enough.
    Currently $54
    https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-...MIg4-phOrl5wIVhYbACh3TdAP6EAQYASABEgLC2vD_BwE

Plus I like the mini anvil spot on the back...sometimes you really need to SMACK something with a big hammer ;)

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Use the heck outta those ;)

I've got a 1985 Shadow 700 in a storage room with no light, those magnetic lights stick up right where I need 'em and can be angled on the corrugated metal to just the right angles...makes it easier to take the dang thing apart. I'm stripping it of useable parts for my 1984 Shadow 500 since a lot swap over. The titled engine & frame will be sold after I get all the chrome swapped, the stuff on the running bike is all rusty from sitting out for looks like two decades, so getting shiny chrome parts back on it will be nice :)

Kind of sad to swap the old rusty stuff back to the 700, but since the engine needs a serious rebuild, and it's missing some vital parts already, (Carbs, tank, & front brakes) it'll be best to do it this way.

I put one in every car we have...one attached by the shitty magnet to my roll away tool box and a few near the gun safe...its worth 'FREE'

Top Bottom