• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you’ve ever thought about getting into rental houses, here’s a glimpse into what you’re in for
    c143cd329986ee366f5b8624f3526257.jpg

Believe it or not but theirs a tub under that mess
    34737e7975cee78956017b2d29b6bd25.jpg

010e7c6d6c975fb042ed7228c8174e88.jpg

This is just a couple pics I snapped, these people were hoarders. We took at least 10 loads with a 16’ trailer full plus the truck bed to the dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Quite honestly, that doesn't even look bad compared to some. I use to work on repossessed mobile homes. It was hard to believe what they could do to them in 6 months, and they ALL had 2-3 dogs that seemed to have run of the place.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Quite honestly, that doesn't even look bad compared to some. I use to work on repossessed mobile homes. It was hard to believe what they could do to them in 6 months, and they ALL had 2-3 dogs that seemed to have run of the place.

It’s the most junk I’ve had to move, it’s more than the photos show. It was a lot, took almost 3 days just to carry it all away
    542999d8dd182f949586aca7c714ec8e.jpg

Couches outside
    33d9d5b0a6a21cbead3668b574470a1c.jpg

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The worst renter I ever had was the one that remodeled my house, they added on a bathroom in the middle of the house. They built a subfloor to run plumbing, it was a mess. I’ve had them target practice inside using long hallways, steel every plug, plug cover, light, and doorknob for who knows why. I’ve had them sublease rooms to homeless people that I then had to get out. I had one that built a porch onto the house, he did a good job though, so I told him if he left within 3 days I’ll give him $1,000 he did so he wasn’t to bad. Renters are crazy though, I’ve been propositioned by both the wife and the husband offering up his wife, threatened by grandkids. I carry a taser and get someone to go with me now when handing out papers.

It’s an interesting experience to say the least

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good lord, who do you rent to? I have a few, never had much of of an issue. I screen them hard.... Worst tenant I had, (just always late on the rent, the 1st was a suprise every month...... lol) was a Preacher Never had any proposition, but I'm not much to look at either... he he

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I'll say that looks pretty clean to what I've seen as well. Went to do a job. What a mess. 2 bedrooms off the hall were blocked off for the dogs. One bedroom they kept clean for sleeping.....still smelled like dog. The other was their shit box. Omg. Worst smell ever. Probably a 3x3 pile of dog poop the owner raked into the center of the room. I refused to do the job but he still wanted me to help him carry the pissed soaked matress to the dump. No thanks. Still begged me to help him get it to the road. Nope. Bye.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Good lord, who do you rent to? I have a few, never had much of of an issue. I screen them hard.... Worst tenant I had, (just always late on the rent, the 1st was a suprise every month...... lol) was a Preacher Never had any proposition, but I'm not much to look at either... he he

Most of the time it’s granny’s kids that cause the problem. You rent to an adult couple, years later a do nothing child or grandchild (usually on dope) needs somewhere to live and that’s where the trouble comes from, they steal granny’s check, tear things up, and now she can’t pay the rent. It’s irritating but you patch it up and move on. I don’t run credit, background, honestly if I did that I doubt I would ever rent a house.
    This particular house, I think she was a hoarder, she had cartons of canned goods, pallets of clothes, two of my workers had already cleaned for an entire day before I took pictures.
    If you ever rent for very long you’ll run into some pretty interesting characters.

This house had locks on the outside of the kids closet doors, those little hook and eye-lag locks as if they locked the kids in the closets. The neighbor walked over and said they were sad to see them leave, the neighborhood kids liked to play with her kids, even spend the night. I showed them the locks and you should’ve seen his face drop.

Last edited:

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Most of the time it’s granny’s kids that cause the problem. You rent to an adult couple, years later a do nothing child or grandchild (usually on dope) needs somewhere to live and that’s where the trouble comes from, they steal granny’s check, tear things up, and now she can’t pay the rent. It’s irritating but you patch it up and move on. I don’t run credit, background, honestly if I did that I doubt I would ever rent a house.
    This particular house, I think she was a hoarder, she had cartons of canned goods, pallets of clothes, two of my workers had already cleaned for an entire day before I took pictures.
    If you ever rent for very long you’ll run into some pretty interesting characters.

This house had locks on the outside of the kids closet doors, those little hook and eye-lag locks as if they locked the kids in the closets. The neighbor walked over and said they were sad to see them leave, the neighborhood kids liked to play with her kids, even spend the night. I showed them the locks and you should’ve seen his face drop.

Dang, I have had rentals for 18 years now. we seem too be in different segments of the population... I hope you get better tenants next time.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Well just from what I have heard, if you rent 1000.00 and up houses to people with good jobs, you have a lot less trouble that 500.00 to 600.00 houses to who knows who. You would be better off putting enough money into the rental to get above that price point. And of coarse Location Location Location.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to look at a house that was repoed (not renters....these people were owners) for the bank to see about cleaning up the property. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever encountered. When they left, they took the toilets, cabinet doors and about anything else not securely mounted. They even had a clothesline hanging up in the living room and hall for their 2 dogs to run and stay out of rest of house. Dog poop was ankle deep. The stench was overpowering, I don't see how they lived there. This ended my aspirations to be in the domestic clean-up business.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well just from what I have heard, if you rent 1000.00 and up houses to people with good jobs, you have a lot less trouble that 500.00 to 600.00 houses to who knows who. You would be better off putting enough money into the rental to get above that price point. And of coarse Location Location Location.
    My occupation has me going in to several homes a day.. For the most part that's true... but I can take you to some million dollar houses that are completely destroyed on the inside... some of it is mental illness, but mainly people are just nasty, lazy pieces of shit. You should see some of the HUD housing... walked in to one about a month ago and it smelt like someone died. There was so much filth I actually walked by the body the first time... people are gross. No way I could ever rent to people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Fleas and bedbugs... , hell, I was in a house today the cat piss made my eyes water (I despise cats)

People are gross.

If I were in the rental business, 1st and last months rent, security deposit no less than 1 months rent, and $300 pet deposit per animal...

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Fleas and bedbugs... , hell, I was in a house today the cat piss made my eyes water (I despise cats)

People are gross.

If I were in the rental business, 1st and last months rent, security deposit no less than 1 months rent, and $300 pet deposit per animal...

I do 1st month plus security and tell them no pets, it doesn’t matter though because the pets aren’t the problem for me, it’s the nasty people.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dated a girl from West Virginia way back when and we went to her granny's one day, it was a very small place with a dirt floor. It was absolutely spic and span clean. The old girl was poor-but proud.

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i own several rental houses and the best things you can do before renting to someone is a check arrest records , credit check , and the easiest and quickest way is after you interview ask to go see there house that they are currently living in . Drop that question on them and see their reaction, no 1 day warning or anything , " Lets go see your house right now", some people freak out and come up with a bunch of excuses why you can't RED FLAG!!. The ones who don't have a problem with that are a way better bet on being a good renter.

Top Bottom