• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting story and maybe it is true.

D96CD801FA5141AEB752CC3ACEC56C1D (1)drone blade .jpg
    General Soleimani: He had quite a career as a "terrorist with American blood on his hands," a summary of which is beyond the scope of this email. What I want to do is give you "the rest of the story" concerning the details of his demise.
    It starts with Soleimani in the Bekaa Valley of Lebanon, at that moment working with the Hezbollah, (Arabic "Party of God”) in preparation for an attack on Israel. He was on the phone with leaders of the IRGC's shia militia force in Iraq, known as the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF), ordering and coordinating the attack on our American Embassy.
    Next day, he got on an Iranian plane and flew from Beirut to Baghdad International Airport (BIAP) where he was met plane side in the air cargo area apron by a van carrying PMF chief Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis and four of his leaders, all of whom were involved with the planned attack on the Embassy. Apparently Soleimani wanted to meet them in order to plan and direct the next phase of attacks against American targets in Iraq.
    Abu Mahdi greeted Soleimani and they got into the van... Just then a missile, launched from a drone high overhead, impacted the top of the van. There was no explosion but everyone and everything in the van was sliced to ribbons by blades emanating from the missile body.
    This was so effective that observers on the scene said none of the bodies of the van's occupants could be identified individually. However, Soleimani was identified by his severed right hand, which still had his distinctive large ring on his finger.
    So there you have it... "The Flying Ginsu", also known as the CIA's new AGM-114R9X variant of the drone launched Hellfire Missile.

IT SLICES, IT DICES (but it doesn’t EXPLODE)

CIA and the Pentagon reportedly have worked to keep knowledge of the existence and the capabilities of its AGM-114R9X variant Hellfire Missile a secret.
    This variant of the Hellfire missile was designed specifically for use with the CIA and US Air Force armed drones in the ongoing hunt for "High Value" terrorist targets while limiting the "collateral damage" which might be caused by an exploding warhead.
    The secret came out recently when journalists arrived at the compound in a Turkish controlled area of Syria where US special operations forces had attacked and killed ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi several days before. The compound had been reduced to rubble by an US airstrike after the ground raiders had departed.
    However, among other things the journalists found and photographed in the area around the compound was a minivan with an 8" hole in its roof, but which was otherwise in-tact. Inside the van was found the sliced-up remains of about four or five ISIS fighters tangled amongst a mass of what looked to be sword blades and pieces of a missile casing

Attachments

• D96CD801FA5141AEB752CC3ACEC56C1D (1)drone blade .jpg
      D96CD801FA5141AEB752CC3ACEC56C1D (1)drone blade .jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 270

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wiki states:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-114_Hellfire
    AGM-114R9X

The Hellfire R9X is a Hellfire variant that utilizes a kinetic warhead with pop-out blades, intended to reduce collateral damage when targeting specific individuals.[32] Deployed in secret in 2017, its existence has been public since 2019. This variant was used in the killing of Jamal Ahmad Mohammad Al Badawi, accused mastermind of the 2000 USS Cole bombing, Abu Khayr al-Masri, a member of al Qaeda's leadership.[33][34] The weapon has also been used in Syria and in Afghanistan, the latter against a commander in the Taliban.[35][3

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most folks think "blades" knife, sword type sharp edged weapons. Since its a kinetic energy weapon, it relied on speed and mass to do the damage. Think of an umbrella without the fabric: A closed umbrella structure pokes a small hole. An umbrella that extends its expanding structure just before impact would impact a much larger area. When we consider that our current state of missle technology delivers hits within one meter, having a "pre-deployed" kill zone enhances the lethality of a kinetic weapon. The blade system must be extremely strong, but probably not ginsu sharp. Lol

DangDang

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It’s all the Rage!

Attachments

• 974D7ED2-2EDA-4FE5-9CB5-96C55744DDA0.jpeg
      974D7ED2-2EDA-4FE5-9CB5-96C55744DDA0.jpeg
      168.3 KB · Views: 191

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am saying BS or way over designed. A 20-30lb HE warhead would be more effective without the overkill. I bet it was 10 times the cost to engineer as a 20LB HE ball surrounded by 1 inch of glass pellets.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I am saying BS or way over designed. A 20-30lb HE warhead would be more effective without the overkill. I bet it was 10 times the cost to engineer as a 20LB HE ball surrounded by 1 inch of glass pellets.

Oh, come on. It's only your tax dollars. The military industrial complex has to eat too.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BS or over design, hmm.
    The first thing is does it do what it is suppose to do? Seems to.
    It was meant to reduce collateral damage to non-targets. It seems to.
    20lbs of HE surrounded by glass balls. I have only seen glass used in the casings of anti-tank mines to make them non-detectable. I have no idea what high explosives will do to glass. But I know 20 lbs of HE by itself is capable of doing a lot of damage.
    Anyone know what they are using these days for HE. It used to be Comp B, a mix of TNT and RDX plus a little wax, was the most common and was easier to melt and get into a shell during load and pack than just plain RDX.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it just me or does this sound like BS?

yep-I believe you're right..... some BS. How is this thing going to single out a guy in a crowd? When it hits crap will be flying everywhere so there goes the collateral damage theory. I'll believe it when I see one on display at the armaments museum.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of our best tank rounds is a Kinetic Energy Penetrator (KEP) and does not contain explosives. Works great As Seen on TV! If you search KEP you will see lists or links to other types of KEP weapons inckuding the Helfire R9X.
    https://channel411news.com/2019/05/...ix-blades-that-kill-terrorists-not-civilians/

Hits:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/markito0171/status/1201982401783701504

https://internewscast.com/us-forces-mince-to-death-al-qaeda-linked-chief-and-two-jihadis/ (only four blade areas are marked but you can see symmetrically, the other two blade areas are "gone" or pushed through.)

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...-that-uses-blades-instead-of-explosives-works
    (Look at what appears to be a skeletonized "blade". Twisted as it is, follow it to the mounting hinge. Now look at other "mount/hinge points and partial "blades"and their spacing around the axis.)

Sources other than Wiki:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/secret...y-terrorists-not-nearby-civilians-11557403411
    https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/agm-114r9x.htm

I don't know what was used on Soleimani. Appears to be more damage than a R9X but that could have been from expolsives the terrorists had in the vehicle and gas tank

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At one time there was a lot of talk of the magnetic rail guns that could fire smaller projectiles at incredible velocities to obtain high energies. I not have read anything about them a long time. Probably best for use on a ship. I guess they have not yet been perfected for real use.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At one time there was a lot of talk of the magnetic rail guns that could fire smaller projectiles at incredible velocities to obtain high energies. I not have read anything about them a long time. Probably best for use on a ship. I guess they have not yet been perfected for real use.

China has one on a ship right now. The U.S. was supposed to do full sea tests soon but the can keeps getting kicked down the road. I think the competition is between Lasers and rail guns which both draw tremendous amounts of power.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/navy-preps-stealthy-uss-zumwalt-for-new-lasers-missiles-and-guns

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "One of our best tank rounds is a Kinetic Energy Penetrator (KEP)".........to us old hands-Armored Piercing Discarding Sabot (APDS)

"I guess they have not yet been perfected for real use.".......I think they're pretty well perfected but the high cost of the round killed it. As few as the Navy needed nobody could produce them cheaply enough to justify their use.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Top Bottom