• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nevermind the fact that a 1911 is a terrible carry option (please spare me "bUt MuH tWo WoRlD wArS") for safety reasons, it should absolutely be carried in a holster that covers the trigger. Hard pass on any clip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nevermind the fact that a 1911 is a terrible carry option (please spare me "bUt MuH tWo WoRlD wArS") for safety reasons, it should absolutely be carried in a holster that covers the trigger. Hard pass on any clip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I love 1911s but this right here basically = thread over. Lol

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That the one that blocks you from crasping the slide "normally"? Which impacts remedial action and mag change techniques trying to avoid the section of slide obstructed by the "clip". Yuck! At least the Glock "clip" was attached to the slide cover lock plate and moved with the Slide. I'm not a fan of that one either.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    E578238D-8FD3-4501-9859-AF83997C7BFB.png

Tried it once on not-a-1911. Its minimalist I guess, and adds no bulk to the pistol but didn’t pull the grip back so it printed anywhere except appendix. In the end it was a lot more fun trying to find one than actually using it.

As far as manipulating the slide, I always used that giant protective block for the rear sights anyways. I think the new ones for 1911’s are 20$, which shouldn’t hurt too bad if you decide you hate it.

Attachments

• E578238D-8FD3-4501-9859-AF83997C7BFB.png
      E578238D-8FD3-4501-9859-AF83997C7BFB.png
      276.5 KB · Views: 128

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    i wouldnt ever stick a pistol in my pants/shorts without the trigger completely covered. look up story from Plexico Burris and his experience with this...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i wouldnt ever stick a pistol in my pants/shorts without the trigger completely covered. look up story from Plexico Burris and his experience with this...
    This
    GS-Cover-1024x1024.jpg

plus this is safe (Zac)
    IMG_1094.jpg

Both items will need to be replaced every so often since with time they will break.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any carried gun that has a chambered round must have the trigger covered and I extend that to revolvers that many will stick into a pocket as is. If you do pocket or purse (for women I hope) carry sans holster, at least make sure there is nothing in your pocket that can get into the trigger guard.
    The 1911 should also have the safety covered and if the safety is ambidextrous than both sides or levers need to be covered. All of this is especially true if you are doing hard physical work or exercise. I often have mags pop out of pistols when doing such if the holster is not kydex.

Top Bottom