Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Grip clip any good? 1911

Clip frame mounts under grips and has a clip to hang pistol on your belt. Anybody use one?

One man with a gun can control 100 without one.

OH GOD !!
    Would most likely be worse than shooting your eye out. --- SAWMAN
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)
    XM177E2

3. Likes SAWMAN's Post:

Nevermind the fact that a 1911 is a terrible carry option (please spare me "bUt MuH tWo WoRlD wArS") for safety reasons, it should absolutely be carried in a holster that covers the trigger. Hard pass on any clip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. 3 Like John B.'s Post:

Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    Nevermind the fact that a 1911 is a terrible carry option (please spare me "bUt MuH tWo WoRlD wArS") for safety reasons, it should absolutely be carried in a holster that covers the trigger. Hard pass on any clip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I love 1911s but this right here basically = thread over. Lol

That the one that blocks you from crasping the slide "normally"? Which impacts remedial action and mag change techniques trying to avoid the section of slide obstructed by the "clip". Yuck! At least the Glock "clip" was attached to the slide cover lock plate and moved with the Slide. I'm not a fan of that one either.
    Wild Rider

Those that give up their guns are on a self destructive fools errand. Tyranny shall never take what it didn't provide: not by paper, not by Court and not by force.

Name:  E578238D-8FD3-4501-9859-AF83997C7BFB.png
Views: 55
Size:  1.61 MB

Tried it once on not-a-1911. Its minimalist I guess, and adds no bulk to the pistol but didn’t pull the grip back so it printed anywhere except appendix. In the end it was a lot more fun trying to find one than actually using it.

As far as manipulating the slide, I always used that giant protective block for the rear sights anyways. I think the new ones for 1911’s are 20$, which shouldn’t hurt too bad if you decide you hate it.

9. Likes MAXman's Post:

GCGF Supporter
    i wouldnt ever stick a pistol in my pants/shorts without the trigger completely covered. look up story from Plexico Burris and his experience with this...

Quote Originally Posted by G-rat View Post
    i wouldnt ever stick a pistol in my pants/shorts without the trigger completely covered. look up story from Plexico Burris and his experience with this...
    This

plus this is safe (Zac)

Both items will need to be replaced every so often since with time they will break.

12. Likes FrommerStop's Post:

I canít think of a time where a pocket clip would be beneficial over a holster. They even make minimalist holsters like the RCS vanguard or Phlster Skeleton if thatís your thing. I wouldnít want the trigger exposed, and if it was Iíd want a heavy & long double action trigger and a manual safety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Deadly Threat Defense LLC - Affordable firearms training near Pensacola, FL

14. 2 Like CESwartz07's Post:

Any carried gun that has a chambered round must have the trigger covered and I extend that to revolvers that many will stick into a pocket as is. If you do pocket or purse (for women I hope) carry sans holster, at least make sure there is nothing in your pocket that can get into the trigger guard.
    The 1911 should also have the safety covered and if the safety is ambidextrous than both sides or levers need to be covered. All of this is especially true if you are doing hard physical work or exercise. I often have mags pop out of pistols when doing such if the holster is not kydex.

16. Likes FrommerStop's Post: