• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So today I decided to head over to the DPMS website to read up on thier AR’s, but once there the page keep loading to a blank page, not sure why. So I did a simple search on the internet and ran across this article...apparently Remington Outdoor Co., owner of Bushmaster, DPMS, and TAPCO (besides other brands) is pulling back from the AR market, maybe kinda like Colt. Read for yourself, and lastly, what do you think of this...?

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/is-remington-leaving-the-msr-market-dpms-bushamster-and-tapco-sites-are-shuttered/

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's political.

Remington has/had some of the biggest names in firearms under one umbrella. There's no reason to throw that away in order to "focus on core hunting and shooting brands". It's spineless "leadership" that lacks vision. It sees the easy path as just divesting of any name that can be associated with some famous shooting. What will they do when the next criminal uses a Remington or Marlin branded weapon? Close that brand name, too?

They should embrace the success of those brands and the name recognition. If there is truly a production/profit/inefficiency issue, then consolidate. No reason to dump the names AND kill the product lines.

I lost interest in Marlin after it ceased to exist and the new "Remlins" had so many problems. I lost interest in Remington after their part in the "Freedom Group" two-faced BS.

Now Colt no longer produces ARs.
    Now Remington is killing the Bushmaster, DPMS, and TAPCO lines.

Gee, makes you wonder who owns a controlling share of those companies.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Gun grabbers, found a new way to get them. Saw a Remington ar at the gunshow. It had a bushmaster flair to it, was wayyyyy high.

So Remington AR's and DPMS have joined the overpriced collection. Crap.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are not being very open about the corperate decisions on closing those product lines. They don't want gun owner backlash for closing them down. No rumors of sell off either? Big conglomerates suck in everything the can, cut every corner they can, merge production and cut jobs and quality suffers, leverage the assets with big loans and take the funds while the Sub companies are responsible for the debt. They are the Black Holes of business.

If they were going to do this as a legal strategy, the closure of those Brands could have been used as burnt offerings towards ending the current litigation.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I very well could be wrong but . . . the guns that are stamped "Windham,Maine" are the true Bushmasters. If they say "Illion,New York" they are "other than".
    If they say this,and you got THE hat,thats even better. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• DSC01018.JPG
      DSC01018.JPG
      635.3 KB · Views: 104

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Remington hasn't been relevant for the better part of 15 years... every new release has been a flop. Sometimes, it's better for the industry if companies go the way of the Dodo bird... RIP Remington.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom