• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike09

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone seen videos or read about this gun? Do you think it will impact the industry as much as Glock did? Also, the barrel is part of or attached to the frame so I guess it becomes part of the registration, right? What if you need a new barrel?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    CZ82, Makarovs, and others have the fixed barrel. It isn't really anything new. I think some sort of press is used to remove and replace barrels on these.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's definitely bringing a new way of making a cartridge go bang. The initial price offerings are high which put it far above what the first introduced Glocks cost. New/cool doesn't always translate to value when you compare things at the basic level: Ready, Aim, Fire= Result.

If so inclined, a person can currently buy handguns with enhanced accuracy potential from a dozen major Mfrs, just a matter of money.
    An additional "optics" slide can be purchased if you want quick swap capability for popular pistols.
    The Rino revolver is marketed for its low bore axis and never caught on or copied: a dud.
    Fixed barrel has potential for better accuracy but its old tech, still used in some new pistols besides the Alien.
    I think the skeletal slide and seperate "top" design is the Achilles Heel, too flimsy and adds more wear contact surfaces.

I think it's cool and may have a niche following if it truely delivers a clear accuracy advantage. If not it's just an interesting handgun.

Though their is current controversy between Courts and the BATFE on the legal definition of what constitutes a "Firearm", the frame/reciever is the "controlled and serialized" Item. A "fixed barrel" can be removed/replaced.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone seen videos or read about this gun? Do you think it will impact the industry as much as Glock did? Also, the barrel is part of or attached to the frame so I guess it becomes part of the registration, right? What if you need a new barrel?
    How about pictures and details and no I will not be running down to buy one just based on hype alone.
    Here I posted pictures at least of the weapon.
    laugo-alien-se-deposit-webthumb.jpg

No cowitness on the optical sight. Parts must come from overseas. The fixed barrel should be an aid towards accuracy. No details on the operating system or calibers. (edit I see 9x19 stamped on the chamber) The bore axis is low, but still need to know more about the gun.
    Alien-pistol-5-670x446.jpg

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The operating mechanism: it is gas delayed blowback. Been done before in pistol. It was likely first used in last ditch rifles for the Volkstrum at the end of WWII. It could soften recoil and i do not know if it is so.
    Screenshot_2020-02-12 Alien pistol - Laugo Arms Czechoslovakia.png
    Volksstrum rifle
    Round tube over barrel contains the gas delayed blowback system. Gas pressure delays the opening of the action long enough for pressures to drop and then the bolt travels to the rear extracting and ejecting the cartridge case.
    The Volkssturmgewehr ("People's Assault Rifle")
    VG.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-12 Alien pistol - Laugo Arms Czechoslovakia.png
      Screenshot_2020-02-12 Alien pistol - Laugo Arms Czechoslovakia.png
      63.3 KB · Views: 142

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gas retarded pistols, one of several forgotten weapons videos on this principle.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This thing is priced currently right at around $5,000, Holy cow.... I think I will stick with what I have for the moment.
    This in not an uncommon for huge pricing to accompany huge hype over a gun that is not yet really proven. There have been cases where the guns did not live up to the performance claims. If it is a mass produced item, there is no reason for such pricing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom