• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigC

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking to expand from just shooting idpa to other forms suck as 2 gun and what not. Looking into a good belt set up with mag pouches for ar and glock mags. Also what is the hip plate carrier set up these days?

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    come to altus this Saturday and check out a 2 gun match.....everyone will be happy to help

BigC

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Plates are not for the 2 gun comp itself. I am looking into those for other reasons.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Why do you want to carry plates?

The old adage is “train how you fight”.
    If you intend to fight with plates due to whatever reason, it’s imo wise to run them in courses.

MeggaZappin

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’d recommend a 2 part belt with a strong buckle (most use Cobra). The inner belt threads through your belt loops and the outer load bearing belt attaches to the inner belt. This allows you to put on and take off the belt quickly without having to fiddle with mag carriers and holster straps/hooks. Also, look for a pretty rigid belt as they can start to flop around when you load a belt up with mag carriers and your side arm. I use the Ronin Senshi as it’s one of the most rigid and over-built belts but the TRex Orion and G-Code Operator use a similar system.

As for mag pouches, retention is key at these matches. The Altus 2 gun series tends to be pretty sedentary compared to the Ptac and Rpgi series but I’ve still seen some gear dropped at an Altus match. Check out G-Code scorpion, HSGI Tacos, or Esstac Kywi. I went with the Scorpion because it looks the coolest and we all know that’s the most important part anyways.

The belt you get is going to determine the mounts/clips you need for your mag carriers but the manufacturers websites are pretty good at explaining what you need. G-Code especially has a lot of info on their site and you can even build your whole belt rig with them and have them assemble it for you.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom