• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Ialwaysmiss

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In need of a safe for a few rifles. Fire resistant would be a huge plus. In north Florida and looking to keep the price low.

I found a local place with a suitable gun safe for $300 new. If I can’t find something cheaper here, I’ll just pick that up some time next month.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You need to check with local "TRACTOR SUPPLY STORE, got good buys and the easy payment plan with no interest if you want to spread out the charges
    Get the BIGGEST SAFE THAT YOU CAN AFFORD & get into your place, you'll need it as you grow and to lockup other expensive items :first:

Ialwaysmiss

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll take a look. Really just hoping for a small one all the same, I already have more rifles than I want.

I guess i should add that i have a Marlin 335CS in 30/30 made in 1985 (if I'm reading the serial number code correctly) that i could offer in trade with cash if necessary towards a safe.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you think you need a 12 rifle safe, get a 24!!!!!!! Safes are listed with their capacities with non scoped .22 caliber rifles in mind. Anything above that, with scopes etc... basically holds half the rated/posted capacity! And you will fill it up and wish you had a bigger one! But go for it, get the small one you think you need and go through the headache of needing a bigger one very soon like the rest of us! Might as well do the normal safe buying process that everyone goes through!

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If you think you need a 12 rifle safe, get a 24!!!!!!! Safes are listed with their capacities with non scoped .22 caliber rifles in mind. Anything above that, with scopes etc... basically holds half the rated/posted capacity! And you will fill it up and wish you had a bigger one! But go for it, get the small one you think you need and go through the headache of needing a bigger one very soon like the rest of us! Might as well do the normal safe buying process that everyone goes through!

You're not wrong. I've got a "64" gun safe and I already need another one. It definitely doesn't hold 64 guns, nor will it hold 32.

Ialwaysmiss

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I’ve one got 3 rifles, one of which I don’t intent to keep. I like guns but I don’t have the finds nor the desire to own more than a couple. I think a small one will be exactly what I need for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn’t buy a double axle trailer to haul half a cord of wood one time either.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wouldn’t buy a double axle trailer to haul half a cord of wood one time either.

I guess I like to over compensate! Hahaha! I can always put less on my double axle 18' trailer! But you can't put more on a 6' trailer if you needed to. A gun safe that is a good one with a good fire rating is good for more things than guns too! My wife filled one of ours with jewelry and more! All kinds of important papers and more too!

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess I like to over compensate! Hahaha! I can always put less on my double axle 18' trailer! But you can't put more on a 6' trailer if you needed to. A gun safe that is a good one with a good fire rating is good for more things than guns too! My wife filled one of ours with jewelry and more! All kinds of important papers and more too!

This person has it figured out, more is better

Ialwaysmiss

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I understand all of these things. I just need a safe to secure my rifles.

If someone has a simple safe for the purpose of storing just a few rifles I would be interested in buying it. If that person is also interested in an old Marlin 336 I would be willing to throw it in to sweeten the deal.

Thank you all for understanding I am here seeking only a material object.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom