Target Sports

How does a “dropped” Glock discharge...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If a Glock has ALL OEM PARTS and they are not worn or installed improperly,it is mechanically impossible for the weapon to fire if the trigger is not pulled all the way through its cycle.
    CAUTION: I am not a authorized (and "blessed") Glock armour. ---- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Was tucked in (Dad/Tyler) pants at time of incident (might just be starting point location of gun). Muzzle flash burn? I'd like to know the bullet path on this. My SWAG is the Glock was slipping out/falling out from pants location and an attempt to "catch" the gun was made, in that process the safe action trigger was depressed.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will not say an OEM in good clean condition can not fire without the trigger being pulled. I will say that there is no way that the striker/firing pin can hit the primer of the chambered round. Ergo the gun should not fire upon being dropped.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    This is why I never carry one in the chamber and always have a gun lock on and if needed seal it in a plaster cocoon, that way I cannot have an accidental discharge

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guns have gone off without the primer being struck by a firing pin.

Coming from Dad's pants, the possibility of a hot barrel/gun with high enough temp to cause cartridge powder chemical breakdown and self ignition (cookoff) is obsurd. What else you got for gun in pants/no primer strike ignition of the cartridge?

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've seen one Glock with corrosion on the firing pin block that left it in the engaged phase as if the trigger bar was pulled. It was discovered because it was misfiring so I pulled it apart to check the striker and found that it had been fired with corrosive ammo from Pakistan and the striker was also corroded causing failures to fire. Outside of the trigger being pulled or the firing pin block being stuck or removed it can't fire from being dropped.

Not my gun, it was a student in a class several years ago.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    YouTube “Cameon Eisenzimmer Gun Modification”. I mentioned her incident in another thread a while back where we discussed “tuning” a trigger. Her pistol went off while holstered due to some kitchen table gunsmith. She almost lost her leg because of it.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    YouTube “Cameon Eisenzimmer Gun Modification”. I mentioned her incident in another thread a while back where we discussed “tuning” a trigger. Her pistol went off while holstered due to some kitchen table gunsmith. She almost lost her leg because of it.

Somebody poked her gunmonkey and it shit on her. Bad maintenance or bad modifications still have a responsible party.

The Glock involved in the ND(?) is being sent for evaluation and testing. We may hear whether there is a factory defect, modification(s) related defect, another gun related issue or if it functions as advertised. Rule out the gun and that leaves improper handling. That means they will try and blame Glock, probably start another Lawsuit claiming it's Glocks fault because the firearm doesn't have a manual Safety and grip safety and the trigger is too light.

Top Bottom