• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If your child is acting like a self-righteous ASS in public, then you, as the parent, would most-likely REMOVE the child from that situation, and discipline them appropriately: verbal lecture, reduced privileges, grounding, permanent removal from that group of people, etc. Right?

Anybody else sick of these elected brats acting like loud-mouthed irreverent little shits?
    Anybody else tired off having to CONSTANTLY remind them of the OATH they took?

These elected idiots are COMPOUNDING WASTES of our time. Not only do we have to sift through the shit choices of "lesser evils", then we have to constantly monitor their actions and spend even more time to contact them to tell them what to do.

If we have to micromanage them just to beg them to not torpedo this Nation, then why are they there?

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Beyond sick of these turn coat republicans. What would’ve our founding father have done in this situation?

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    8D9D3F92-4D00-430D-99F9-7BBCCD3FC65D.jpeg

Attachments

• 8D9D3F92-4D00-430D-99F9-7BBCCD3FC65D.jpeg
      8D9D3F92-4D00-430D-99F9-7BBCCD3FC65D.jpeg
      14 KB · Views: 211

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    THIS maybe fallout from the 2010 Bay County School Board attack where a gunman fired shots in the meeting and at Board members before the attacker was killed by LE responding from nearby Rooms.

All Cutouts are privileges for a select few while those same privileges are denied to the common citizens. As we know, if it benefits “politicians” they will vote to approve it.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I personally don’t care if they do pass this, as it’s technically pro-gun

As long as they don’t pass anything anti-gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Potato tomato. Glass half full; glass half empty.

It's only "pro-gun" for the politicians. That means it would be yet another recently passed piece of legislation that continues to restrict rights for the populace. That would be "anti-gun".

If it passes, the real message is this: "we, the elected politicians, recognize a REAL NEED to be able to carry at these meetings, so we will allow it... only for ourselves."

Whether a person understands the truth that we should be able to carry wherever, doesn't matter. For these laws, they feel they have to be able to prove a "reason" to "allow" this restriction to be lifted. Whatever "reason" is produced should apply equally to ALL Citizens at those meetings.

If this is step 1 of some master plan to get these restrictions lifted for everyone under some kind of "equal protection" argument down the road after this bill passes, then great.

Personally, I don't give the pro-gun politicians (if there are any) that kind of credit.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Not by a long shot is this anywhere near pro-gun. Its pro-we but not for thee. Screw them

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sad but true. So many attacks against our Constitutionally-enumerated inalienable Rights...

Granted, this one looks like a smaller issue than an outright ban, but it deserves equal attention. Especially if it passes. In that case, it becomes an irrefutable fact that the politicians have a double standard. Of course, you'd be complaining and begging for resolution from the same back-stabbers who sponsored and supported that bill, so how far do you think you'll get?

All of these bills are connected. Death by a thousand papercuts, and all that.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I personally don’t care if they do pass this, as it’s technically pro-gun

As long as they don’t pass anything anti-gun

I agree sort of with this. I am not too much hurt by this and law makers and public since they deal with the public are likely to be the ones getting attacked. My carrying rights are still the same and at least someone besides the cops will have guns at those meetings.
    I believe the judges have the right to carry in their courtrooms, but I not positive about that.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    All fine and dandy for them huh? So I can go to a meeting and not carry while they are, and stuff goes south. I have to rely on one of these turn coats to protect me? If I can’t carry then neither should they. Their life is no more important then mine. Good grief, these people work for us, we are the boss not them. Or has everyone forgot that?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All fine and dandy for them huh? So I can go to a meeting and not carry while they are, and stuff goes south. I have to rely on one of these turn coats to protect me? If I can’t carry then neither should they. Their life is no more important then mine. Good grief, these people work for us, we are the boss not them. Or has everyone forgot that?

The world is not fair

Their life is no more important then mine In the real life they are and that is why they got the exemption.

Good grief, these people work for us, we are the boss not them. They work harder for those that paid for their campaigns

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    No that’s where we disagree. Their life is not more important then mine. Your job doesn’t give your life more worth. It gives you more money, huge difference. Guess we should just kill off all the worthless folks out there huh? Guess the lowly coal miners or off shore drillers life isn’t as important the the people in power either? No one said life is fair, I’ve been in combat 3 times in 2 different countries so I know good and well life isn’t fair. And politicians and working hard are two things I’ve never heard in the same sentence.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No that’s where we disagree. Their life is not more important then mine. Your job doesn’t give your life more worth. It gives you more money, huge difference. Guess we should just kill off all the worthless folks out there huh? Guess the lowly coal miners or off shore drillers life isn’t as important the the people in power either? No one said life is fair, I’ve been in combat 3 times in 2 different countries so I know good and well life isn’t fair. And politicians and working hard are two things I’ve never heard in the same sentence.
    You are not understanding. I am not saying it is morally correct or the way it should. But it is what it is.

we should just kill off all the worthless folks out there huh?
    It is us common folk that pay taxes. A smart shepherd will fleece his flock, but if he kills them all there will be no more fleecing.

Yes we could do something about it. But most will not want to be bothered.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's the big issue with Cutouts of all sizes and all laws: those receiving the cutout not only gain privilege entitlements BUT they (normally LE/LE Unions) DON'T SUPPORT any anti-gun restrictions that will apply to them! They get a "Cutout" added to the laws text and then endorse that very same anti-gun Law they were opposed to! This has been the standard practice for so long; that politicians now automatically write in LE cutouts in thd initial drafts to get LE support early on and it elimintes an obvious quid pro quo later on. I have no doubts that if all anti-gun laws didn't have cutouts for LE: they would never through their Dept/Chief(s)/Unions support behind them. Every cutout hurts every private citizens 2A Rights. You will never hear those folks getting the cutouts say they want to turn them down or have all law abiding Americans citizens treated equally with gun laws. KILL the cutouts and you will kill a whole bunch of this gun control bullshit!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    ever since congress found out they can give themselves perks with no repercussions, they have been cutting their selves breaks and cutouts galore...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But this isn’t a “cutout” added to a new anti-gun law.

I understand the basis of yalls argument and agree to a point, but it’s never going to be an all or nothing thing. Even if you remove the majority of the 2A infringements on the books, your not going to be allowed to carry a gun in certain places like .gov buildings or courthouses.

If it provides privilege to one class of people while still denying it to others its a "cutout or carve out". The subject base Law restricted them en masse with all other Citizens. This Legislation is being done "after the fact" but its not expanding 2A access for ALL and therefore it's not anymore Pro 2A than other common LE cutouts included in Laws when passed. I have Retired LE Credentials and still believe these types of cutouts (granted in or after the Law) are B.S.

Lets reconfigure the cutout double standard: Would a Law that would allow FL Democrats to CC without a FWFL be Pro 2A? That's 1/2 a Win right? Just as in the above subject, it doesn't advance or further establish ALL CITIZENS 2A RIGHTS. Every Pro 2A issue applies to all Citizens who avail themselves to utilize them.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On a related argument, I’m curious where you draw the line as far as what weapons are covered under the 2nd Amendment. Should other-wise law abiding citizens be allowed to own and carry explosives? How big? Anything non-nuclear? Maybe nukes too? But then again, even if that was the case, I can’t afford one. Only billionaires and large corporations could. Do you want Google to have access to nukes?

I read a discussion many years ago. What was suggested was something historic. A rifle over the mantle and a cannon in the green. the green would be the commons or what was owned by the town I assume for a local militia.

The rifle over the mantle was that gun of the homestead.
    At our local men's Pace, FL Monday morning coffee meeting we have one ardent democrat that is using the same argument against people owning ARs in that they are weapons of mass destruction etc. He has no problem with giving his wife a .38 spl, but feels ARs upset and are a threat to public order. He seemed shocked since I am not a republican that I did not side with him. What he does not understand is regardless of party, the politicians that are all basically birds of the same feather that should always feel the potential threat of an armed populace.

But that does not really answer the question if we should be allowed to own explosive ordnance like grenades and artillery.

Top Bottom