• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its been SEVERAL years since Keltec put out a weapon I have wanted. Before you could buy them, they advertised them for 289. When they finally came out for sale I was sticker shocked and put them off! Finally pulled the trigger on the PMR30!!! I got it in OD green, kinda wanted the FDE one but this will be sufficient. Great all around truck/boat/hunting/home defense weapon!

20200122_185116.jpg

Attachments

• 20200122_185116.jpg
      20200122_185116.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 342

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I WANT ONE !! And also in OD.
    May I please ask where you got the weapon and at what price. ( You may PM me if you wish.)
    One "problem" . . . if I get a PMR . . . I most likely will have to get a CMR. --- SAWMAN

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yes during the crazy Obama years this handgun was selling for around $750...hence I never owned on back then. Nice score, enjoy.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Other than capacity, what is the advantages of this over other .22 pistolas? Asking because I'm ignorant!

I've had a true desire for a FN 5.7 pistol for the capacity and round velocity/energy! Price has kept me from that!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    . . . ".22 pistolas? "
    Did you mean to ask . . . 22Mag pistols ??
    I would argue . . . for the cost of gun,cost of accessories,cost of ammo,great trigger,I would rather have this than a FN 5.7.
    Now talking energy transfer,terminal ballistics,if not equal,the two are about as equal as you can get.
    The only decision as to which to get would be between the 50 shot FN PS90 and the 30 shot KelTec CMR. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yo !! Jason I have a new 30rd mag here, if you need one. $15.00 with all your combined discounts figured in.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    . . . ".22 pistolas? "
    Did you mean to ask . . . 22Mag pistols ??
    I would argue . . . for the cost of gun,cost of accessories,cost of ammo,great trigger,I would rather have this than a FN 5.7.
    Now talking energy transfer,terminal ballistics,if not equal,the two are about as equal as you can get.
    The only decision as to which to get would be between the 50 shot FN PS90 and the 30 shot KelTec CMR. --- SAWMAN

Yes, I'm aware of the PMR 30 being a .22 mag etc...

Just wondering if anyone had both and compare both! Remember I said I'm ignorant of both guns and ammo. But interested in both. Mosts I read on the internet where everything is true states that the .22 WMR needs rifle length barrels to get the velocity that the 5.7 achieves out of the FN 5.7 pistol.

Last edited:

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I WANT ONE !! And also in OD.
    May I please ask where you got the weapon and at what price. ( You may PM me if you wish.)
    One "problem" . . . if I get a PMR . . . I most likely will have to get a CMR. --- SAWMAN

I got it from Gulf Coast fer 399. Ive seen em on line cheaper but once you figure in shipping and FFL costs it goes almost to 4 bills. I was celebrating a I DON"T HAVE CANCER AGAIN moment and wanted the pistol now, not in a week!

I also feel ya on the CMR...they had one of those too and its mightie temping to get both!!!

Jon, 57 round is an awesome little round but the cost is almost 3 times the firearm along with the ammo. It has a little better stats then the 22 mag but not much. Both hold 30 rounds, my FN57 had a 50 round mag that stuck out about 2.5 inches so it looked weird. But in a firefight, would have been great! It all depends on what you want. Ruger is bringing out the 57 and it is suppose to be around the 800 range.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yo !! Jason I have a new 30rd mag here, if you need one. $15.00 with all your combined discounts figured in.

If we could ever meet up I'd take it....

tractorboy54

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have had one for a couple of years now and I like it quite a bit. Louder than I expected, but pretty accurate. I do not know if it still holds true on current production guns, but the PMR30 does not like certain ammo. Back when I bought mine Keltec had a bulletin advising against the use of CCI 30gr, the bullet would not stabilize and tumble. The following is from the current owners manual:

The PMR-30 pistol functions best with high power ammo, often with bullet weights of 40gr
    and up. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:-CCI Maxi Mag 40gr
    -Winchester Super-X 40gr
    -Remington Premier Magnum 33gr

Low power ammo and/or light-weight bullets may cause failure to feed problems due to the
    lack of energy to cycle the slide all the way back. The following are currently low power,
    and may not function reliably in the PMR-30 pistol, especially if the grip is not held firmly:
    -Winchester Dynapoint 45gr
    -Winchester Supreme 30gr

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The earlier ones had issues. Will have to research which ones. Keltec solved on later ones.
    Besides the ammo issues mentioned above, rim fire ammo is not as reliable as center fire. But like the impeachment going on, one can turn fact into fiction and fiction into fact if you try hard enough and people are dumb enough to believe it.
    Depending on comparisons of 22mag and 5.7, they are somewhat comparable but there is a 5.7 ammo made for LE that is hotter and can be purchased, or could be, by civilians.
    That being said, for what it is mainly used for and the price difference, the Keltec is fine and a very fun super light pistol with a lot of bang! I’ve seen them as low as $350 including shipping but that was a while back.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Buck & Bass had a black PMR yesterday for $429. ---- SAWMAN

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah I knew it didn't like some ammo but if you don't load the mag right (which I did fer the 1st one crushing a few rounds) I had several failure to cycle. It's like a sewing machine now...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    BEWARE, just on Facebook

For anyone looking to purchase a PMR30: I bought one. It fails to feed, so they told me to send it back. I paid $28 to return it and this is what I got today.

· All PMR barrels and repairs are being delayed due to the engineers working on a revision to the barrel design to help reduce the likelihood of case ruptures and we’ve been instructed to stand by until these revisions are complete

So who knows when I’ll get a usable gun .

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I bought one some time ago, after the prices went down from obscene to merely ridiculous, and before they dropped to a more normal level. I haven't fired it much, but it functioned perfectly with CCI Maxi-Mags.

Top Bottom