• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Got the call yesterday that my Glock 44 had arrived so I went to pick it up and put a few rounds through it. Looks and feels just like a model 19 only it is a .22. Comes with two 10rd magazines and the selection of different back straps. I brought some cheap bulk box remington golden bullets with me to see how it would act with cheap ammo. The magazines were very stiff and I had a little trouble getting the 10th round in the first few times I loaded them but they had loosed up a little by the time I was finished. I ran about 100 rounds through it. The first two shots on each magazine I had a fail to feed but only had one after that and it was on the first shot from that magazine. I think everything will smooth out as round count goes up. I was happy with the accuracy but the trigger pull is horrendous. I am going to do some checking and see if there are lighter springs available. I am also going to do the Glock 25 cent trigger job on it which should help. Overall I am very happy with it. Price was $385 out the door. No pics because....well....it's a Glock and if you have seen one....

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I asked someone about lightening the trigger pull on a .22 revolver one time. I was told that you can’t go too light because the way a rim fire round is, it takes more energy to ignite the primer. Anyone know if that is accurate?

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got the call yesterday that my Glock 44 had arrived so I went to pick it up and put a few rounds through it. Looks and feels just like a model 19 only it is a .22. Comes with two 10rd magazines and the selection of different back straps. I brought some cheap bulk box remington golden bullets with me to see how it would act with cheap ammo. The magazines were very stiff and I had a little trouble getting the 10th round in the first few times I loaded them but they had loosed up a little by the time I was finished. I ran about 100 rounds through it. The first two shots on each magazine I had a fail to feed but only had one after that and it was on the first shot from that magazine. I think everything will smooth out as round count goes up. I was happy with the accuracy but the trigger pull is horrendous. I am going to do some checking and see if there are lighter springs available. I am also going to do the Glock 25 cent trigger job on it which should help. Overall I am very happy with it. Price was $385 out the door. No pics because....well....it's a Glock and if you have seen one....

Where did you buy it, looking also?

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I bought mine at Emerald Coast Indoor Shooting and Sports in Valparaiso. My only failures were the first, second, and third magazine after that it ran fine. I think the mags just needed a little break in. I bought an extra mag also but haven't tried it yet. They also had the threaded barrels in stock for them.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I was in Precision Tactical in Crestview today and they have a couple in stock also.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a 22 freak but Glock screwed up by making it have a crappy capacity!!! For the same $ a person could get a PMR30 and have 30 rounds... My last 22lr pistol I bought was a Steyr and its a great plinker that was under 3 bills. When/if Glock drops the price or makes improvements on the capacity will interest me. Glad you are liking it though!!! and heck, it's a great weapon cause its a GLOCK!!!

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I tore the 44 down yesterday and did the 25 cent trigger job on it and it helped it some. I think I am probably going to put a 3.5 pound ghost connector in it because it will just be for plinking and shooting paper and the trigger is just too heavy.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I put a 3.5 ghost connector in the G44. It greatly helped the trigger pull but I haven't taken it to the range yet. I will report when I do.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm curious if any of these "break-in" failures would disappear or get worse if a suppressor was added.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Emerald coast indoor shooting and sports put up a video on their facebook page of them shooting one with a suppressor.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a Glock fan but the G44 really doesn't bring much new or improved tech to the table other than the brand name IMHO.

FWIW: I understand malfunction from improper primer distribution and ignition on the second strike as "confirmation". IMHO, .22LR ignition from the major U.S. Mfrs has greatly improved resulting in far fewer FTF from poor primer distribution than was the case decades ago. We know it's also roulette wheel randomness needing the no primer area to align with the firing pin/striker. The above FTF seem high compared to thd number of rounds fired. Consideration must be given to the ammo FTF rate in other firearms? If equal; its an ammo issue but if not, then the subject firearm comes into question and the FTF would be diagnosed like a center fire handgun.

Also noted within the small sample is lighter grain higher velocity functioned better then heavier/slower loadings. I assume 40grain cartridges would continue the trend. Does the Manual list ammo/velicoty preference or a reference to "Break-in"?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One trick to get a .22 semiauto to function is to put a drop of oil on the top cartridge of a loaded magazine. The oil will increase the speed of the recoiling slide and sometimes that will do the trick, but not always.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Vid review by 22Plinkster on the G44. Same type of issues. On a FTF he looked at the case and noted "light primer strike"? That's a different perspective. He has pros and cons, likes Glocks but isn't keeping this one he bought! There are other reviewers out there so getting multiple opinion is a good thing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ginch2koH8E
    I wonder if a strong striker spring or maybe a different striker. .22 Rim rim is harder to set off, but my advantage arms conversion with an aluminum slide was always dependable. Looks like glock did not get it right.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Function is a issue but the larger problem is that it is designed as a Glock "Trainer" specifically modeled after the G19 (except weight) BUT it does not have the same ammo capacity and that alone kills it as far as if concerned. Hey, lets train to change mags 33% more often or engage 33% less. Yes it's a rimmed case and grip angle tech issue but other Mfr can do it! Got that chubby grip space to play in and they couldn't squeeze in five more rounds. I guess it's fine for folks in mag capacity starved states like CA, NY & NJ.

I'll just declare my No Sale position and move on. Hope the bugs arent long term.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I will say in my case I have not had a fail to fire yet. Probably taking it to the range this week so I will report again.

Top Bottom