Target Sports

Tell me your Horror Stories about a bad gun deal!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pawpaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live in Niceville. I've posted a shotgun for sale for $99 on here. Private message is my preferred contact method. I've had a whopping 1(ONE) PM so far, with the following: " Will you take less for it? My sister lives in Niceville." Then...Nothing.
    I'm not posting this to berate another member, even one with a total of 1 post since joining.
    Methinks this is a juvenile with no money who would like to me to sell it to his sister for him. Does this remind anyone of their own "shady huckster" story?

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    If I had not just got one, I would have gotten it. Been looking for a good utility gun. Most people have some kind of fixation with 50 round firearms. I learned to shoot with single shots. They work fine.

pawpaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Recently took it to the range, & at my age was quickly reminded that my 20 gauge pump is just my size... Getting old sux, but the alternative...sigh

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Had a 12ga stoger coach gun. Was trying 12 different Turkey loads. 3 inch mags. Slugs kick less. Shot a 2oz Kent diamond load and saw stars. After trying all the 3 inch mag magic long range stuff, figured out the #6 high bird pheasant load is the best ( 2 3/4 )out of a full choke. No magic exfull turkey choke required.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you could advertise a free gun and people would low-ball you. Would want you to throw in a mag and ammo. Then again people try to sell a used one for what a new one cost sometimes or worse the guys who want to sell a Glock with cheap after market parts they installed for MORE than the cost of a new one.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you could advertise a free gun and people would low-ball you. Would want you to throw in a mag and ammo. Then again people try to sell a used one for what a new one cost sometimes or worse the guys who want to sell a Glock with cheap after market parts they installed for MORE than the cost of a new one.

Yes I had an item advertised on here and had a member low ball me plus wanted me to ship it to him, thing is I would have delivered it for my asking price. I also had a member on here say they would take another item I had on here, we sealed the deal but I never heard from him again, even after several PM's. And both of these have numerous post not like they are newbies to the forum.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve heard some real creative excuses, I have stop holding a item for anyone. I’ll give them 24 hours to meet up and make the exchange.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    It’s been my experience that if someone is serious, the deal will close quickly.
    The people that say they will get it from you payday or say they want it but keep making up excuses why they can’t come that day will never come through.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I DO NOT NEED to either buy from or sell to a dirtbag. It is mostly the "hey doode,little boys",that dont have a clue how things work in the real world.
    It is simply a "do onto others" thing.
    I wish that the members on this forum would "OUT" the bad dealers. Post your bad expierances . . INCLUDING the screen names. (I have been guilty in not doing this.) If this is done they seem to just slime away. --- SAWMAN

pawpaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I DO NOT NEED to either buy from or sell to a dirtbag. It is mostly the "hey doode,little boys",that dont have a clue how things work in the real world.
    It is simply a "do onto others" thing.
    I wish that the members on this forum would "OUT" the bad dealers. Post your bad expierances . . INCLUDING the screen names. (I have been guilty in not doing this.) If this is done they seem to just slime away. --- SAWMAN
    The gun is still for sale after over a week, owing to the fact that I received a couple different shady PMs...

Top Bottom